Am I blind

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

Am I blind

Postby goldeneye13 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:40 pm

Is someone shooting birds somewhere in the northern part of the lake. I went monday morning got 3 mallards 1 black and a canada goose. But Friday saturday and sunday nothing.... I was really discourage. Anyone seing wistlers around. I just hope that the cold weather of this week is going to bring new birds.... I try to give you guys some news on thursday night before my night shift. I'll give it a shot thursday and friday morning. If anyone has some clues I sure would like to ear them...

Have a good day

Fred
goldeneye13
hunter

Postby Simba » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:22 pm

goldeneye,

I haven't even been out looking. We talked to a friend that spends a lot of time on the lake hunting and he hadn't been seeing any birds as of Thursday. He drove his boat all over the northern part of the lake, Alburg, Carry Bay, Isle la Motte, Missisquoi, and hardly saw a thing. We are hoping this weather brings them down. If I can spring free on Friday, we will be looking for some whistlers. If you see any on Thursday, please post it.
When there is lead in the air, there's hope.
Simba
Newb

blind

Postby LBeinhaur » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:04 pm

No you not blind, I haven't seen squat for ducks. Monday or so there were still tons of snow geese around but since it's gotten so cold this week Nadda. I went down by Dead Creek this afternoon about 3 and it is frozen up and I didn't see anything at all. No snows in the sky.
LBeinhaur
hunter

Postby duckin-A » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:42 pm

I hunted northern champlian, mon tue wed thur managed 6 mallards and 2 snows.....from shore....Wed saw 2 huge duck flocks high flying and some huge Canada flox on thurs......but not lots of birds flying or decoying. this cold should get 'em moving down....
going back this coming wk for 2-3 days....will report then
" I spent all my money on Liquor & Women,
and the rest I just wasted"!!!
duckin-A
hunter

Postby duckin-A » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:33 pm

Got 4 Mallards today in Rutland county!! pretty chilly waitin' :thumbsup:
" I spent all my money on Liquor & Women,
and the rest I just wasted"!!!
duckin-A
hunter

Postby goldeneye13 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:25 am

I gotout there on thursday and I saw more mallards then wistler. Hunted out of Kings bay shot 1 snow. Saturday triyed for wistler of Windmill point and did nothing and Sunday managed to get 2 mallards in the bay of windmill point. Anyone doing anything around the ausable area on the lake champlain near Peru?

How fas south on the lake you guys are getting good hunting? Sure am willing to drive to get a few birds!!!!!

Thats for my report of last weekend!
goldeneye13
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting