shovelers?

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

shovelers?

Postby SwampdonkeyVT » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:39 pm

Hey guys,

Just saw my season do a complete 180. Been slow for a bit and this past week was amazing. done with mallards and blacks as by 715 every day. Wed, filled 3 limits, and had another 60 mallards and blacks land in front of us with no more room in anyones limit. I could do no wrong.

Friday I was out solo and part of my limit included a shoveler. I'd never heard of them around here. anyone else ever see them? Also earlier in the year every time i went to bristol pond the 4 sand hill cranes that lived there would land right behind me and call that goofy call all morning. I just read the post about the redhead and it reminded me that I meant to ask the forum.

thanks all

Happy shooting!
SwampdonkeyVT
hunter

Postby JustinNH » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:03 pm

Theres been some taken in NH lately to everyone supprise. Thers two different posts on the NH forum about them. Pretty cool lookin beaks they have!
JustinNH
State Moderator

Postby ronvt » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:51 am

Took a few shovelers in Mud creek earlier in the season. I have not eaten them although I read they are in the teal family and are good tasting birds.
ronvt
hunter

Postby HJF » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:05 am

Killed one friday and had another thru the decoys saturday.
HJF
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting