Just getting around to post. We booked for three days but only hunted the St. Lawrence twice. The first day the wind blew pack ice in from the NY side, and after plan F failed to produce open water, we gave up. That afternoon the wind blew the pack ice out and we were able to hunt the next two days. 36 birds for the three of us which included goldeneyes, bluebill, bufflehead, mallards and a nice redhead drake. Water temp was 31 degrees so long as the wind blew it would not freeze, but 15 minutes of no wind and it would crystalize before your eyes. It was a great trip, but would probably go earlier or wait till the last minute to book, depending on weather. I would strongly recomend St. Lawrence Outfitters. Once we started hunting, there was never any guide pressure or negativity that can sometimes ruin hunts. It was never a question if we would limit, just how long.