first time out this season

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

first time out this season

Postby claycrusher » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:43 am

well it rained cats and dogs but not to many ducks.set up on conneticut river seen a few ducks couple geese.seems to be loaded with woodies got two of them not to bad for first time new spot
claycrusher
Newb

Vt Ducks

Postby VtMike » Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:30 pm

We pounded the ducks on wednesday, 4 of us limited out. 24 Ducks in all 6 Mallards, 3 Woodies and the rest blue wing and greenwing Teal. :thumbsup: Done shooting at 8:45. Saturday was another story. 3 of us went out brough home 6 Ducks 3 Woodies and 3 Teal. We had one shotgun jam up and couldn't repair it in field, all of us wet, cold called it an early day. I did not make is out this am, due to being sick (flu or something). One of my hunting partners went out, have not heard from him yet, should do pretty well if the lake(Champlain) gets some pressure.

Good luck all, :salude: Keep posting, pics to follow when I get them developed.
If it looks like it bites..........Don't Pet it!!!
VtMike
hunter

Postby yellodog1 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:22 pm

VT MIKE, I certainly hope your not hunting with that no good outlaw Mable. It sounds like from your posts that you may be.
yellodog1
State Moderator

Good first few days

Postby yellodog1 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:57 am

We had a good first couple of days. Wednesday morning, we got 10 between 3 of us, but had a lot of ducks come in just before shooting time.
Thursday morning there wasnt much flying, but I ended up with 3 mallards with one shot.
Also 2 snow geese This past tuesday morning. Hopefully the Canadians stick around until the season opens back up.
everyone I talked to did well on opening day, either limited out, or saw a lot of ducks. Very promising this early in the season.
Good Luck to everyone.
yellodog1
State Moderator

Postby claycrusher » Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:31 pm

me and a hunting buddy went up to south bay on memphramagog last day of early goose season mostly to check out the scene. It was loaded w/ducks flocks of teal of 25 or so and mallards everywhere.woodies to but i hear it gets preasured bad so opening morn wasnt the time to go.going to try the river again in the a.m
claycrusher
Newb

Yellodog

Postby VtMike » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:14 am

I'll take a stab at this.....Trevor?..... How did Converse bay treat you guys? I'm on vacation the week of 24th-28th hoping to get out there on the lake. I've got a new boat to break in. Hate this damn jump shooting, :thumbsdown: need the lake to open back up!
If it looks like it bites..........Don't Pet it!!!
VtMike
hunter

Postby yellodog1 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:51 pm

Yeah its me. Converse bay was good opening day. Just before shooting time we saw 30-40 ducks just outside the decoys. The second day of the season wasn't that great in there.
Ive been hunting a lot up in the northeast kingdom, and around Enosburg and its been pretty good up here.
Don told me you guys had a great opening day.
Hopefully with the cold weather we are getting, the ducks will really start to move south once the lake opens back up.
yellodog1
State Moderator

Magogs south bay.

Postby yellodog1 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:55 pm

Magogs south bay does get pressured pretty good. I dont know why, I havent had the best luck there, but a lot of people do. There are plenty of other lakes and ponds in the NEK to hunt, so, I really dont know why everybody concentrates on south Bay. I think its good when there are more people in there to move the ducks, but if your in there mid week later in the season, the ducks settle in to the different holes, and dont get moved around. Anyway, its just my theory.
yellodog1
State Moderator

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting