moved to rutland, new in town

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

moved to rutland, new in town

Postby gaber » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:44 am

I moved to Rutland about 2 yrs ago and now that I am all settled in, I was hoping to find some good duck and goose hunting spots. If anyone knows of some decent spots or wouldnt mind me tagging along this fall for a couple of hunts I sure would appreciate it.
gaber
hunter

Re: moved to rutland, new in town

Postby pete/pmr » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:23 pm

gaber wrote:I moved to Rutland about 2 yrs ago and now that I am all settled in, I was hoping to find some good duck and goose hunting spots. If anyone knows of some decent spots or wouldnt mind me tagging along this fall for a couple of hunts I sure would appreciate it.

They are all taken!I have all of them and hold on too them dearly,because they are not easy too come bye!I may have room for another hunter?Maybe?I have too talk it over with the guys I hunt with now,I am in North Clarendon!Welcome too the chat and where did you move from? :welcome:
2013 Season Totals

Canada Geese 105
Mallards 43
Woodies 31
Teal 16
widgeon 8
Blacks 11
Goldeneyes 25 "Take-em"
Buffleheads 4
Bluebills 1
snows 27
Band Count 5
pete/pmr
hunter

Postby gaber » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:38 am

I moved from Ct, too much city, not enough country. That would be great if I could tag along with you guys this fall. I really got into hunting when I was at school in maine and then when I moved here it I went from hunting 3-4 times a week to not at all and I really have the itch to get back out there.
gaber
hunter

Postby yellodog1 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:04 am

Welcome to Vermont and DHC Gaber.
Hunt Vermont
yellodog1
State Moderator

Postby mailyard » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:43 pm

I could probably find it in my heart to show you around a little, of course blindfolds, secret handshakes would be involved.
mailyard
hunter

Postby pete/pmr » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:03 pm

I use to live in Conn. too,grew up in Cheshire,Hamden area,also lived in Maine for awhile,and moved up here in 83
! Never went back to Conn after that!Nothing there!
Well welcome too the chat and hopefully we will meet up soon,there is a meeting tonight in Whitehall,to talk about the regs and meet with all the biologists and get thye low down on the seasons,dates and all that,so If you are interested give me a email,starts at 7 pm!I am leaving from North Clarendon at about 630,will be on the computer until then!
2013 Season Totals

Canada Geese 105
Mallards 43
Woodies 31
Teal 16
widgeon 8
Blacks 11
Goldeneyes 25 "Take-em"
Buffleheads 4
Bluebills 1
snows 27
Band Count 5
pete/pmr
hunter

Postby Champney » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:54 pm

I would start with WMA's and scouting. Then try the refuges like missiqoui or dead creek. the only way I found my fields growing up was by driving around alot. Most of the farmers in Vt are nice so it isn't a problem to get permission. The farthest I have gone south to hunt would probably be just past the deed creek refuge so don't know any place down there.
Good luck, just 4 weeks until opener.
Champney
hunter

Postby pete/pmr » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:15 pm

Gaber,
sent you an email with my cell number,if you want too do some scouting this weekend,give me a call,I will be heading out around 6:30 am on Saturday!Have no problem helping you with finding some spots and showing you around this neck of the woods!Again you are more than welcome to join me!
2013 Season Totals

Canada Geese 105
Mallards 43
Woodies 31
Teal 16
widgeon 8
Blacks 11
Goldeneyes 25 "Take-em"
Buffleheads 4
Bluebills 1
snows 27
Band Count 5