northern neck

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, callncut, fowl mouth

northern neck

Postby flint4045 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:15 pm

Hw many people on here hunt the potomac or rapp rivers ?
flint4045
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:31 am

Those two rivers never get talk about on these forums , maybe this year will be different with this blind stake lisense .
where I live you couldn't have a floating blind till this year. Now if you want to use a floating blind you need to have a blind stake license. So you really cant move with that .

Will you be one of the owners of a stake site this year ? How did you hunt the area before this change ? Does this change help the locals or the comeheres ?

:thumbsup: LD :thumbsdown:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby flint4045 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:54 am

Well since I allready have 2 permant blinds I do not qualify for a blind stake. My nephew can get one. I have a floating blind that I use. I am hoping to try a couple of new spots this year with the blind stake license.
In years past if you didn't have a staionary blind you couldn't hunt.
We will see how it goes this year. I think the laws were intended to keep come heres out. Now its more come heres than been heres so things are changing.
There is a lot of good hunting on the neck people couldn't get to in years past.
flint4045
hunter

Postby VW Duck » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:41 pm

My thoughts:

This helps the comeheres who want to find a spot on one of the rivers.
->I think if you do your scouting and are comfotable with the prestigue that goes along with being a comehere, its better than before.

It creates additional work for folks wanting to keep hunters away. They would have to stake their spot.
->I think if you are so against duck hunters that you would stake your shoreline to keep folks out, I rather not hunt there and risk the hassle.

It is less than neutral for folks who have existing stationary blinds.
->I think if you had an existing stationary blind you should be concerned about additional hunting pressure and the affect it may have on the birds.

Advantage = comeheres

"May the baby Jesus open your mind
and shut your mouth"

VWosticlese
VW Duck
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting