improvements

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, callncut, Ichabod97

improvements

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:17 am

Hey guys since none of yall can talk to admin, i wanted to see if yall had any ideas or things you would like to see differently on the site.
I know that as soon as the season is over they are gonna be making it easier for us to post pics. And seeing that most of these guys up in Nodak and places where the season ends earlier than ours we might get it just in time. They are also working on a new logo and a sticker that we will be able to get to promote the website so we can share with others.

Anybody got any ideas, please share them. I know we talked about some group hunting trips this up coming season. We also need to see who is still interested and what places we would like to try.
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:33 am

i would definetly be intersted in a group hunt or somethin. me and my friend have some good diver spots if anyone wants to go :smile:
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a 4x4.....we can skin a buck and run a trot line & A Country Boy Can Survive....- Hank Jr.

You do your thing, I'll do mine...- Montgomery Gentry
diver-hunter
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:58 pm

yeah definetly try to promote everyone getting together and doing some hunting togeter... good sptots are getting harder and harder to find and its always good to hunt in different places and trade knowledge and lies.. i know i would be willing to get some people and hunt out at my places and maybe swap some hunts or whatever
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:52 pm

if you guys want to shoot a heck of a lot of divers, i believe we could organize a hunt. once the scoter get here, if anyone wants to hunt with us, just drop me a pm. we (me and mike) and have room for 4 other people. if someone wanted to bring another floater, we could all just get out there and connect. nothin better than havin a 10 man tag team bustin up a big arse flock of scoter :mrgreen: in seaduck zone, thats 40 scoter :getdown:....not to mention all the other 40 oldsqual (might not shoot that many, but could legally) :salude:

that would be so awsome to just have like 10 people to just stand up all at once, and have birds droping EVERYWHERE! heck we could prob. submit it to OLN or somethin :yes:
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a 4x4.....we can skin a buck and run a trot line & A Country Boy Can Survive....- Hank Jr.

You do your thing, I'll do mine...- Montgomery Gentry
diver-hunter
hunter

Postby cut_un » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:03 pm

Hey guys , I'm up for an event, no matter if it's shooting ducks, clay pigeons, skeet or a big old cook out :getdown: Anything to get together, talk a little duck and put a few faces with the handles will be great with me :welcome: :welcome: I'm game :thumbsup:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:31 pm

just wanted to say i can get anyone in on some flooded timber, impoundment(in north carolina, but not far) or a good ringneck hunt on a farm pond... just wanted to show what i have to offer... that sea duck hunt sounds like fun... maybe a trade for any of the above.. just ideas
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

KAhunter
hunter

Postby cut_un » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:42 pm

Cool Kahunter, been trying to get the guys to think of the site as more of a club than a...... chat room. I'd hope we could all be huntin buddies and share the sport we all love. I hunt central Va. out of a floater. a 'have floater will travel" motto. Always looking for a new adventure or willing to share central Va. As I've said, I'm game...if you game :welcome:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:08 pm

wow i am glad to see this response that i am getting. I really like the idea of getting together. I belong to a skeet range, aka TAR BAY, and i am gonna check on seeing if we can get the range one afternoon to shoot skeet and meet each other. I will post something as soon as i know. Looking forward to meeting more of you.

So far i know d&d, kessler, gaston, oatbed, col k, and goosesmacker.

Looking forward to meeting more of you guys
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:27 pm

Y'uall talking about a get together , you could plan it for the Urbanna Oyster Festival . Rent a boat slip and anyone that wants to enjoy a XXX can do so at the slip . It would be cool to see ten or more floaters at the docks and we could make up a banner for the website - or dare I say websites . Heck I have the Tidewater Delta banner and Cut-un can get the VAWFA banner . Buy a keg and enjoy the weekend at the same time spread the word about a great place to talk ducks :thumbsup: .
http://www.urbannaoysterfestival.com/
:thumbsup: LD :thumbsup:

PS:Wouldn't this be a tax write off for VAWFA and Tidewater Delta ?
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby Kessler » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:53 pm

vah2ofowler22 wrote: I belong to a skeet range, aka TAR BAY

Tripp,thats no skeet range,thats my private backyard bar!
:salude: :getdown: :toofunny:
Like the above post,I'm up for anything.KA and Diver,sound like yall got some sweet places.Lew,Fri night at the marina during the Oyster fest is definetly the place to be!

:eek: :getdown:
Keep working......................
Millions on welfare depend on you!!!!!!!!
Aint that right Jesse!?

VAWFA member
Kessler
hunter

Postby goosesmacker » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:12 pm

Let me know what you guys decide. :thumbsup:

Goosesmacker :cool:
--------------------
www.vawfa.org :thumbsup:
goosesmacker
hunter

Postby FEATHERBUSTER » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:01 pm

JUST LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN HELP WITH TO PROMOTE THE SIGHT AND THE GREAT SPORT OF WATERFOWLING. I WORK SHIFT WORK SO :thumbsup: I HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO HELP. I AM VERY PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF THIS SITE. I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT WAS THIS CRAZY ABOUT DUCKS. I SHOUDNT SAY THIS SITE BECAUSE THIS SEEMS MORE LIKE A DUCK HUNTING CLUB THAN ANYTHING ELSE. JUST MY OBSERVATION ANYWAY.
FEATHERBUSTER
hunter

Postby Kessler » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:56 am

FEATHERBUSTER wrote: THIS SEEMS MORE LIKE A DUCK HUNTING CLUB THAN ANYTHING ELSE.

Would'nt it be great if'n it stayed this way?
:cool: :yes:
Keep working......................
Millions on welfare depend on you!!!!!!!!
Aint that right Jesse!?

VAWFA member
Kessler
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:32 pm

yeah we gotta support va duck hunting as much as possible... there is better duck hunting in va and nc than alot of people think... not as much press as missippi flyway or anywhere like that gets , but if u put ur time and effort into it you can have some great hunts around here.. just my 2 cents

KAhunter
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting