Well we had a great day on the bay , saw lots of birds and got to shoot at some of them . Five of us on one boat made history saturday on the lower bay and had fun doing it . I gain a lot of info from the hunt , let me share with all what that was .
(1) Towing a boat to the hunt burns up a lot of the hunting time . If I plan to tow the boat around for hunts it needs to be done the day before .
(2) Boat color doesn't matter in seaduck hunting after the birds see the decoys but does matter before they see them , Black is better then white .
(3) Wind helps decoys to be seen . I must look into ways of getting my decoys seen sooner .
(4) Hunting with more boats will work just fine , we had Ambush in the center of the decoys , but it could have been on one side with other boat covering all around the decoys .
(5) Ambush does good in the wind . Yesterday the tide was going out and the wind was out of the south east , if I have of had a sea anchor we could have staied all day . As it was it was the tow boat that made us pull up the decoys and go in .
Ambush next hunt will be a Diver , Puddle , Goose and seaduck hunt in the mouth of the hole-in-wall the 26 of Nov. and I will take up to 6 other hunters with me .
:hammering: LD :hammering:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999