Open spot tomorrow anyone?

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, callncut, fowl mouth

Open spot tomorrow anyone?

Postby HereDuckyDucky » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:52 am

Hey guys,

I'm in a sad situation, and a friend of mine turned me onto this site to get some help.

I'm originally from Washington State, but I've been working/studying in D.C. (Arlington) since August. I don't get to go home until Dec. 15th, which means I'm missing a significant portion of the duck season back home.

In hopes of prolonging insanity, I bought a VA hunting license. The problem is, I have no gear, no gun, and no transportation.

What I do have is a strong desire to get the heck out of the city and into a blind. I don't whine, instruct, or annoy. But I do buy a pretty mean lunch.

In all honesty, I'm just looking to get out. I don't care if I get to shoot or not; I'd be happy just sitting in the blind with you guys. I've got calls, but won't blow 'em unless I'm told to.

So if you're looking for someone to set out/pick up decoys, I'm your guy.

I'm always willing to return the favor if you're ever in my neck of the woods.

Rylan
HereDuckyDucky
Newb

Postby 98ramtough » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:33 am

Welcome to the site!

There has to be someone here in Virginia that will help this guy out. He's an awesome guy and anyone would be lucky to have him on a hunt. Anyone who takes him out is welcome to hunt with me anytime if your ever up around Washington.

Mike
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby HereDuckyDucky » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:35 am

Thanks Mike. I realize it's a shot in the dark for tomorrow's opener, but it's better than not trying at all.

RW
HereDuckyDucky
Newb

Postby cut_un » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:29 pm

:welcome: to 'de site", it's my hope you will find someone in the area that can help you out. We have several folwers in the northern area of va. that may be close to you! Good Luck and hope you do get out of that rat race! :getdown:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:11 pm

Ducky I wish you had ask a week ago b/c one day just isn't enough to plan anything with anybody , at this point your best bet is to show up at a boat ramp at about 4:00 am blowing your call and helping hunters get there boats in the water . surely one will see that you are of no threat to them not having a gun and all and hear that you can call good and tell you to get into the boat .
What you need to learn now is where are these boat ramps , so ask for them on here and on the fuge . Tell people how far you are welling to drive to hunt or to sit at a boat ramp in hopes of a hunt . You could come and go with me but I'm 3.5 hours away from you and there is a lot of hunters in and around Richmond that would take you if you was welling to drive down to them . I have seen you name before do you post on the diver forum or the Boat forum ?

:smile: LD :smile:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting