How did your day go?

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, callncut, Ichabod97, fowl mouth

How did your day go?

Postby diver-hunter » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:10 am

well, i just got back a couple minutes ago and am proud to say we limited out. 3 hunters, 15 birds. 12 bufflehead, 2 bluebills and a scoter. i am also proud to say the two bluebills where mine, and i took em myself cause the other two guys were not payin attention and couldnt get their guns ready in time lol. i ended up hittin the sack around 1:00 am and woke up at 2:10....i figure about an hour of sleep lol. lets just say we were the first hunters out there, perfected our spread, and enjoyed a 15 or 20 minute power nap on the boat before legal shootin hours :mrgreen: had i a great day today and it was a great way to start the season
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a 4x4.....we can skin a buck and run a trot line & A Country Boy Can Survive....- Hank Jr.

You do your thing, I'll do mine...- Montgomery Gentry
diver-hunter
hunter

Postby goosesmacker » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:55 pm

Well DH,
Four of us built a fully enclosed 4' X 12' gooseblind this morning and still killed 8 geese . Man, golf course geese are stupid. :laughing: :laughing:
goosesmacker
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:15 pm

:toofunny:
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a 4x4.....we can skin a buck and run a trot line & A Country Boy Can Survive....- Hank Jr.

diver-hunter
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:19 pm

Well, lets just say, it was a place to start. We saw the ducks/geese but just could close the deal! My buddy had a small pile of feathers to stand in and my pile :thumbsdown: But smackdaddy, a bright side, I did not fall in "de boat" :salude: sooo, it was a good day :umm:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:22 pm

lol on the not so bright side, i feel in the boat and well it was just hilarious. :mrgreen: i was gettin in and the blind was still mostly up, and i basicly was in a rush in jumped in pretty much and lets just say we were all about out of breath from laughing so hard because i crushed and nocked over quite a bit of stuff in the boat :laughing:

diver-hunter
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:28 pm

Glad ya'll had a great day DH, sounds like you guys got off to a great start :salude:

Both times I been in Goosesmackers boat, he and everyone else has been given a laugh...at my expense...just too much junk in a duck boat for me to get my feet tangled up in :help: :help: I've fallen in and out of his boat :oops: :oops: Hey S&%# happens :laughing: :laughing:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:30 pm

Don't forget to post up kills and pics on the hunting report! Thanks!

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby goosesmacker » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:24 am

We were standing there at the blind site talking and making all kinds of noise and a hugh canada goose landed 20-30 feet from us. One of us walked over, picked up a shotgun ........ and that the rest of the story. :laughing: Another time we had started packing up everything, all four of us were standing in the decoys, four wheelers & trailer parked in the decoys, and a goose landed 20 feet from BigDck's feet. :laughing:

Now I know what I have been doing wrong for years. :toofunny:
goosesmacker
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:44 am

I think they call that :"flagging"....... in ya'll case"human flagging" :salude: And you know the saying..... if you find out what they like ...keep doing it :thumbsup:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:51 am

Wow i hope everyones opening day went as well as mine did. 10 geese in an hours and a half. I got my 2 birds with 3 shots. ( i bet no one that went on the sea duck trip will believe that :toofunny: ) Anyway i am stuck at work again today, and i will be posting my pictures as soon as i get home today.
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:29 pm

looks like everyone did well.. we limited out 10 mallrds, 3 blacks, 6 woodies, 1 ringneck and 3 geese... i couldnt have asked for anymore
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting