JUST A THOUGHT FOR EVERYBODY

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, callncut, Ichabod97

JUST A THOUGHT FOR EVERYBODY

Postby FEATHERBUSTER » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:54 pm

THIS IS A LITTLE LONG BUT PLEASE BEAR WITH ME. I TOOK A BUDDY OF MY DUCK HUNTING FOR THE FIRST TIME ON THANKSGIVING. AND OF COURSE TYPICAL BLUEBIRD DAY ACTION WAS SLOW. AFTER WE GOT THE BOAT BACK ON THE TRAILER. WE WERE HEADED HOME I TOLD :salude: HIM I WAS SORRY FOR THE SLOW ACTION. HIS REPLY WAS "THAT'S O.K. BECAUSE THAT WAS THE MOST PERFECT SUNRISE I HAVE EVER SEEN." HE THEN ASKED ME TO TAKE HIM THIS COMING UP SAT. THIS GOT ME THINKING TO WHAT MY GRANDDADDY USED TO SAY. "IN THE DUCK BLIND YOU ONLY NEED THREE THINGS TO MAKE A PERFECT HUNT GOOD FRIENDS, GOOD CONVERSATION AND GOOD COFFEE. THE DUCKS JUST PAST THE TIME." I HUNTED DUCKS WITH MY GRANDADDY FOR 20+ YEARS AND NEVER UNDERSTOOD WHAT THAT MEANT UNTIL THANKSGIVING DAY. I THINK THAT THIS IS WHAT DRIVES A DUCK HUNTER TO BRAVE THE WORST ELEMENTS MOTHER NATURE CAN THROW. PEOPLE SAY DUCK HUNTERS ARE CRAZY, WELL THAT MAYBE SO BUT I THINK NORMAL PEOPLE HAVE JUST NEVER SEEN THE SURISE FROM A DUCK BLIND. LIKE I SAID SORRY SO LONG JUST WANTED TO PASS THE THOUGHT. :salude:
FEATHERBUSTER
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:01 pm

And a good thought it is too FB :thumbsup: Glad you guys had and will have again..... a great morning :salude:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby duksndeerhntr » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:09 pm

could not have put it better myself. I think thats what got me hooked. I used to think the perfect sunrise could be seen from a treestand.
git-r-done PG styles
duksndeerhntr
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:55 pm

duck hunting is all about being with good, no great friends, sharing the great outdoors. I love being out there with my dad, or even ducksndeer. Well i guess my point is i couldnt agree with you more.
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby VARINA » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:34 am

AMEN BROTHERS! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You guys summed it up pretty good. 39 years of waterfowling and still learning & enjoying it.

VARINA
:cool:
------------------
www.vawfa.org :thumbsup:
VARINA
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting