NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, callncut, Ichabod97

NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby blkdux » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:31 am

All I could ask for is a day like today. My river blinds would be on fire. But no........... we have a split season and this is when the weather want's to show up. All I want is one good day and here it is and can't hunt. How sad is that?
If you can't run the call you have, don't !! Get some lessons, it will help us all.
blkdux
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:50 am

I couldnt agree more. But maybe there will be a few more days like this in our furture this season!!!! :getdown: YOu know this weather still gets you excited
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby VARINA » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:15 am

Looking out the window right now, Gives me hope that we may have a better season than last year. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I have already seen an early push of birds this year.
VARINA
hunter

other birds

Postby aarongreen123 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:19 am

all we're seeing down on the lower james is blue skies, buffelheads, and scoters. very little other species buzzing where we've been. anyone seeing the bluebills or anything else?
aarongreen123
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:14 am

It's all in the way you look at it , yer we could be in the blind today taking part in a hot shoot . But then you look at what aarongreen123 has to say and think about what you have been seeing last week . I think we all agree that the weather moves birds and the weather we are having today goes just north of tidewater and turns to rain . The birds that were stuck up north is being push down to Va. this past week and now we have this day here . You can bet that blue skies will be back before this week ends , and all the birds that got push down is going to stop and look for food . With any luck at all next week we will have birds all over each one of us and we will be hunting in bluebird days with planty of birds to shoot at .
There is two things we all can do this week (1) scout out the bird holding food spots or (2) Use a old outlaw trick and feed birds where you want them to be come next week ( FYI A way to put corn or other food down that you can get it all up on friday afternoon) . There is a third thing we can do and that's nothing but to plan a hunt come Saturday (which is what 95 % of us is going to do ) .

:smile: LD :smile:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby cut_un » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:35 pm

I know it's all about the weather but I'm afraid I'm getting old. I'd have been looking for a nice dry blind ...with a roof and a heater today. Me and my floater would have had a long day on "de river" :eek:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby fishorwife » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:01 pm

Lewdog, was just scannig the sites to see if the weather was pushing the ducks south.
I noticed your comment on how to put food out and remove on Friday. I'm sure you were just joking but just a reminder. The Federal Law requires that you cannot hunt for 10 days after all food has been removed from the area.
fishorwife
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:22 pm

Oh heck yer I was just joking , no one baits anymore to many land owners doing it for it to work like in the old days . It's a far bet that most will wait until Sat. and go where they think the birds will be , 9 out of 10 times they are right . The key word I said in that post was OUTLAW , no real hunter would read that and go and do it .

:umm: LD :umm:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:46 pm

You mean you didn't want me to go and do that??? Oh no.
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting