****A must read for all Va fowlers*****

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, callncut, fowl mouth

****A must read for all Va fowlers*****

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:06 pm

Ok, i think things are getting out of hand in Hopewell, and i think if we can stop this, we can stop it b4 it hits the entire state. I just read the Hopewell News less than 5 mins ago. The head line reads, " Hunters near the city: should they be stopped?"

The article goes on saying, "Hopewell city councilors want a new state law to let localities enact ordinances prohibiting the discharge of firearms within 100 yards of city limits. blah blah, constituents have called council members with complaints of gunfire from duck blinds across the river. (the complaint are coming for the area near the Hospital.)

Bottom line is someone is hunting close to the area, and someone is hearing the bangin and booming and trying to cause a fuss. Now when we sit back and look at this, this is the mighty james river, and duck hunting has been a tradition on this river for many many moons. And now someone wants to try to take that away.

We have got to do something about this issue. Reading on in the article i see that Del Riley Ingram is on our side. (he is a great guy, aways at the DU dinners and a life sponsor) He is arguing that bullets come from rifles and small pellets come from the duck hunters.

Now as Va waterfowlers we need to stand up and do something to ensure our hunting grounds. I am sure that some of you do not see why this is a big issue.(right now its just Prince george and chester) But if they start here, next year it will be somthing else. The other thing we need to do, is try to pass the word on for people to stay away from these areas. I am sure that the persions/hunter behind the blind at the hospital just do not know all the facts on the blind laws.

Anyway this hits close to home for me, ducksndeer and kessler. So you can bet i am gonna try to do all i can about it. And all the help and support i can get!!!!!!
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby cut_un » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:10 pm

Tripp, toss my hat in de ring too. Them's my huntin grounds too. I spend lots of time around the City Point area :eek: :eek: What can we do :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: Maybe "we" the Vawfa can get involved :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby Kessler » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:05 pm

I just posted the news article on TOS
:pissed:
Keep working......................
Millions on welfare depend on you!!!!!!!!
Aint that right Jesse!?

VAWFA member
Kessler
hunter

Postby goosesmacker » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:16 pm

Guys,
Most of you are VAWFA members. I hope all of you will be attending the membership meeting. I would like to see someone present this issue with as much as possible info available.
goosesmacker
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:21 pm

Ok first of all what is TOS???

Secondly i was thinking, is this an issue we do want to involve VAWFA with? Secondly if so i have Jack Randolph's e-mail and telephone number. For those of you that dont know him, he is an outdoors writer, and has really good article in the Hopewell news. Maybe we could get hmi to help us, if it is just getting people to show up at Mondays meeting to voice there opionion, and maybe even join.

Goosesmacker let me know what you think. I will be at work tomorrow if anybody needs to reach me. If you need my cell number PM me and i will get it to ya. I will check it numberous times tomorrow.

I am also planning on talking to forest Dance on this issue, to see if he knows how to help.

Also any other ideas, would be appreacited.
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:50 pm

Let me get this right in my head , there is no shooting in city limits now and the city wants to change it to say there can't be any shooting within 100 yards of that line , what a joke the city is for asking of such BS . This isn't just duck hunters this is all hunters and all firearm owners . What size shot or type of gun has little to do with what they are talking about , the city limits is the line they drew on the map and everyone knew where it was so if they don't like the idea of gunfire they shouldn't buy land next to the line .

:thumbsdown: LD :thumbsdown:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:56 pm

vah2ofowler22 TOS = The Other Site , my guess the _ _ fuge .

:smile: LD :smile:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

HUNTIN IN HOPEWELL

Postby FEATHERBUSTER » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:27 pm

FOWLER, THIS HITS REAL CLOSE TO HOME FOR ME TOO. I READ THE ARTICLE AND I PERSONALLY THINK THEY ARE NUTS. LET ME KNOW WHAT I CAN DO TO HELP. THE UPSIDE TO THIS IS THAT YOU CAN STILL HUNT IN CHESTER SO THE CITY IS GOING TO HAVE TO FIGHT THIS ONE OUT WITH CHESTERFIELD COUNTY AS WELL AS US. :pissed:
FEATHERBUSTER
hunter

Postby Kessler » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:00 am

Lew, you are correct.

Folks,I hope and dont think it will happen.If you read the remarks by Riley Ingram,there is almost a snicker in his replies.I really hope Martin and Harris are only trying to appease thier constituents.What I really wonder is if they know how this makes these 2 clowns look to the rest of the hunting, blue collar,work for a living ,and VOTING Hopewellians
:pissed: :umm:
Keep working......................
Millions on welfare depend on you!!!!!!!!
Aint that right Jesse!?

VAWFA member
Kessler
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting