What would you like to see in a Waterfowl org.

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, Ichabod97, callncut

What would you like to see in a Waterfowl org.

Postby cut_un » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:34 pm

Been talking to 'some of the big wigs" of a local org." Talkin bout dem ducks" :getdown: something I just love to do, where we hunt, seasons, blind laws pros&cons. things that effect "our time on 'de water" It got me to thinking as "these guys " use our site from time to time and it may be a great opportinity to "get the word to them" just what is needed to make Va. a great state to duck hunt in. I know they value your opinions and would love to hear it from you guys. Thanks for any input you can give them, after all "they do care" about your season :salude:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby cut_un » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:11 pm

Heck, I'll start 'de ball' rollin..... As you might guess, I like the functions , events and get togethers! Anything that will get 'de guys together" is a plus. :thumbsup: hunts; sporting clays events, cookouts "Road trips" :getdown: it's all good :cool: To be treated like a "club member" not a support system for their org.

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby goosesmacker » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:52 pm

Cut un,
I am a member of DU, Delta & the VAWFA

You summed up a lot of what I like in the VAWFA. The VAWFA is very pro-active at the local level. I think the VAWFA mission statement clearly demonstrates what I expect from a waterfowler's org. I know there are a lot of other waterfowlers here in Virginia that feel the same way. This is why the VAWFA memberships has increased by more than 50% in the last 10 months.

NO Waterfowl Organization is as active in VIRGINIA as the VAWFA...and that's a FACT!!!!!!

Cut-un, I can not argue with that statement.

GOOSESMACKER :cool:
goosesmacker
hunter

Postby cut_un » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:36 pm

I agree Smackdaddy, it's not all about the fun, talkin care of our ducks in Va. is very important too, yes wetlands up north effect our ducks, research is mighty important too, but the Vawfa does look out after "our ducks" and helps protect "our spots" to hunt, and as you stated"no one does it better here in V :salude: a.

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting