I give up, where is everyone hiding???

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, callncut, fowl mouth

I give up, where is everyone hiding???

Postby cut_un » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:06 am

Looks like all the Va. waterfowlers have gone into hiding?????? What you guys up to? Plenty of " talkin bout dem ducks" needing to be done :help: :help: :help:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby FEATHERBUSTER » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:18 am

CUT I WAS STARTING TO WONDER THAT MYSELF!!! HOPE YALL HAD A GOOD HUNT YESTERDAY. I WAS ONCE AGAIN STUCK IN THIS God FORSAKIN PLANT ONCE AGAIN. BUT FROM WHAT I CAN SEE ON THE PONDS HERE AT THE PLANT IT LOOKS LIKE THAT COLD SNAP HAS PUSHED SOME NEW BIRDS THIS WAY. HOPEFULLY I BE ABLE TO GET AFTER THEM TUESDAY MORNING. BUT IT IS GOOD TO SEE SOMEONE BACK ON HERE I THOUGHT YALL WERE AVOIDING ME....HE..HE..HE. GIVE ME A HOLLER MAYBE WE CAN HOOK UP AND GO BANG SOME BIRDS ON THE LAKE. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
FEATHERBUSTER
hunter

Postby Kessler » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:34 am

I'm still sitting in a corner pouting.I did'nt get to go anywhere hunting yesterday! :pissed:

Feather,which plant you living in?
Keep working......................
Millions on welfare depend on you!!!!!!!!
Aint that right Jesse!?

VAWFA member
Kessler
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:48 am

Kess, I hate to rub salt in those fresh wounds ...BUT, you missd one HE*^ of a day! But , it's only gonna get better!!!

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:50 am

FB, we were talkin bout the lake yesterday. have not been on it this year,looking for a report ??

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby FEATHERBUSTER » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:28 pm

CUT THINGS BEEN A LITTLE SLOW BUT WITH ALL THOSE BLUEBIRD DAYS WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT. HAVE MANAGED TO KILL 14 MALLARDS AND 6 GEESE IN THE 5 TIMES WEVE BEEN. ALSO SHOT 4 COOTS LAST SAT. HOPEFULLY THIS COLD SNAP WILL DRIVE SOME NON RESIDENT BIRDS DOWN. I HAVE HAD A LITTLE BIT MORE COMPANY THIS YEAR THAN NORMAL. HAD 4 OTHER BOATS PUT IN BEHIND ME ON SAT. THERE IS USUALLY NOT THAT MANY PEOPLE OUT THERE. DAD AND I WERE THE ONLY ONES WOULD MANAGED TO BRING HOME ANY BIRDS.(3 GREENHEADS AND 4 COOTS). DID NOT HEAR BUT SIX OTHER SHOTS. BUT ON THE UPSIDE IN 5 TIMES OF GOING THERE HAS NOT BEEN A DAY WE HAVEN'T SHOT BIRDS. WHERE HAVE YALL BEEN HUNTIN'?
FEATHERBUSTER
hunter

Postby FEATHERBUSTER » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:33 pm

KESS MAN I BEEN LIVING OVER A THE GRAND OLE CHAPARRAL STEEL. SEEMS ALL THE DEER HUNTERS AROUND HERE TOOK THEIR VACATIONS NOW AND LEFT ME TO COVER ALL THIS OVER TIME. BUT AFTER THE FIRST OF THE YEAR I'M GOING TO GET ON THE BIRDS A WHOLE LOT HARDER. MAYBE WE CAN HOOK UP AND GO SOMETIME.
FEATHERBUSTER
hunter

Postby Kessler » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:49 pm

FEATHERBUSTER wrote: MAYBE WE CAN HOOK UP AND GO SOMETIME.

Sounds good! :thumbsup:
I have to do the same thing as far not being able to get time off because of co-workers with more seniority, all take thier vacations during deer hunting season.But thats fine,I get the last 2 weeks of duck season off from work. :salude:

Hey cut,thanks for the salt!
:yes:
Keep working......................
Millions on welfare depend on you!!!!!!!!
Aint that right Jesse!?

VAWFA member
Kessler
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:48 pm

FB, sounds like you have been having your share of excitment :thumbsup:
I've been spending all my time on the James with the exception of our diver/scoter hunt. Been thinking about hitting the lake, just haven't made "de time"
Kess, I only throw that in cause I know you could handle it......and I know by the end of the season, you will get yours' :thumbsup:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:01 pm

Well i have been hunting a little. Nothing big to brag about. GOt a few blacks, saturday and a hand full of coots.

Jordan Point marina was a circus saturday morning. It almost got to fighting. Then on top of that some clowns where in my blind messing around, and when they hear us coming they hauled tail. The other guys that where fishing in front of the blind told us.

I dont know what these guys where up to, but my blind is tagged, and i guess i am gonna be installing a door with a lock :pissed: :pissed:
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby OATBED » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:30 am

I have had fair success averaging about nine ducks per hunt. During the closed week I went to Pa. to hunt pheasant and chukar. We had a great hunt but my dog took 16 stiches across the front leg. That will put me out of commission for about two weeks until she can heal up.
OATBED
hunter

Postby VARINA » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:45 pm

Dang,
I hate to hear that your dog got hurt.
VARINA
hunter

Postby cut_un » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:13 pm

Sorry to hear about your bestest buddy! Hope she is it feeling better and will be beside you quickly :smile: I know it will not be the same :eek:
Sounds like you and your buds have been having some fun on 'de chick" so far :salude:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting