Have retriever...Will travel!

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, Ichabod97, callncut

Have retriever...Will travel!

Postby MathewsMan » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:33 am

Hello all.
I am new to this site as I just found it.

I am headed up to Salem VA tomorrow 30 Dec for a few day to visit with my friend. He an I have hunted together for a number of years and we would like to do some duck hunting while I am in town for the weekend. I have been training my Yellow Lab in the pond behind my house here in South Carolina and he is now ready for some real duck hunting!!

The problem is my friend hasn't duck hunted in Virgina before and doesn't really know where we can go to find ducks.

If there is anyone on here that can help point us in the right direction it would be a great help. Perhaps a meeting could be arranged for someone who knows where to find ducks but doesn't have a trained retriever and would like to hunt with a couple of guys who do have a retriever???

Maybe someone could recommend a good guide in the Salem Roanoke area????

Thanks for reading and I really hope someone can help us out!!

MathewsMan
MathewsMan
Newb

Postby cut_un » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:28 pm

:welcome: to the site, I'm glad you signed on to the site, We do not have a lot of folks from that corner of the state.....yet! Hope it picks up :toofunny: I do hope someone has hunted in the area and can help you out. I'm sure we have a few ducks and geese over there! Good Luck, sorry I can't help you out :oops:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:20 pm

Smith Mountain Lake should be good for a hunt or two and the New river always have a bird on it . :welcome: LD :welcome:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby cut_un » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:38 am

I hear the New River has lots of geese on it..... and where there are geese..... Just what I have heard. Check on it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting