"The slap in de face"

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, callncut, fowl mouth

"The slap in de face"

Postby cut_un » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:12 am

In a conversation yesterday, "sitting in the floater" with a duck huntin buddy, I had just folded a big old Black neck, he made the statement that he had noticed ...he was a duck hunter and I was a goose hunter We got to talking more about it and even though I've knocked around "de duck blinds " for a long time , it had never dawned on me that it's the geese that keep me coming back. OH, I get a kick out of "talkin duck" :thumbsup: and taking a limit of big fat green heads :salude: BUT, it's the "big birds" that make me sweat! If I hear a honk any where on the river, man, do I get excited :getdown: Just something about those birds that get to me. Soooooo, my New Years res is::::::::: KILL MO GEESE , that and buy a new goose call...or two :thumbsup:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:27 pm

A better title would have been , "The Wake Up" to read yours I was thinking something bad had happen . Cut I hate to disagree with you but you are more then just a goose hunter . Let me show you ,
"sitting in the floater"
A goose hunter would have said "Sitting in a field" b/c geese spend there days there . A goose hunter would have nothing but goose decoys and goose calls . A goose hunter would have mostly field decoys and just a few floaters . You said that the sound of a goose makes you sweat but I bet that if ducks would quack as much as a goose you would have to towel off just as much .

No my friend you fall under the title of Waterfowl Hunter b/c your heart moves to the sound of wing beats .

:smile: LD :smile:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:18 pm

A point well taken my friend. That gives me even more to ponder! I do love "de little birds " it's fun to talk duck and see um cup-up :getdown: And with that ,I do like the sound of "Waterfowler" Because it's ALL GOOD :thumbsup:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:35 pm

You do know that if you keep this up you are going to start calling those other game "4 legs" and you will only buy the big game license for the turkey stamps :yes: .
I am a Bird Hunter , my pray is small and fast and my tool of choice is a shotgun , I pray that the day I die I'm given wings so I can start the fire in a young hunter eye .

:thumbsup: LD :thumbsup:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting