"De short row"

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, Ichabod97, callncut

"De short row"

Postby cut_un » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:16 pm

Well, it's winding on down for another season :thumbsdown: , time to turn "de wick up" and get after them. Seems like everyone has had a pretty good season...so far :thumbsup: but it's still time to wack a few more. GO GET UM GUYS :toofunny: :toofunny:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby FEATHERBUSTER » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:34 pm

CUT,

I WILL DO MY BEST FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS TO RID CHESDIN OF THOSE PESKY "WONDERBREAD" BIRDS. HOPEFULLY SOME NEW BIRDS HAVE SHOWN UP :thumbsdown: WE NEED A COLD SNAP BAD. WELL I HOPE EVERYONE SEASON IS,HAS AND CONTINUES TO BE SUCESSFUL. I'LL BE BACK HERE SOMETIME FRIDAY HOPEFULLY WITH A LARGE FEATHER COUNT :getdown: :getdown:
FEATHERBUSTER
hunter

Postby cut_un » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:52 pm

Good Luck Brother :getdown: :getdown:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:06 pm

Never though I would ever say this but I'm ready for the last day to get here , I'm done . I want fish to start coming into the bay so I can enjoy the weather with a cold brew sitting on a beach with my kids playing in the sand at my feet .

:pissed: LD :pissed:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby cut_un » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:37 am

I understand how you feel, on one hand, I tired of putting on all the clothes I own, :oops: but still feel the need to get after de ducks/geese. I'll be sorry when the last evening arives and when I put out the deks for the last morning of the season :thumbsup: ....... :thumbsdown: ..... :help:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:46 am

Cut_un me too , that is the problem . Being that I am a stay at home dad I can't go hunting when I have the kids and my wife wants me home to help when she has them . Come next season things will be better for my oldest will be in public school and my boy will be walking and talking so once I get her on the bus I can go to the blind for the day with my boy or my wife will be ok with just the one alone . The wife don't like the idea of the kids around guns but don't have a problem with them around a boat fishing .

:smile: LD :smile:

PS: I only have a few ducks this year with not much more in geese , not b/c I have been missing them but b/c I don't see any to shoot at .
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby cut_un » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:26 pm

Yea, LD, it's been a crazy season, I figured with all the cold weather we had at the opening of the season, we would tear um up, then it got warm???? I have not shot at a duck in two weeks. If it were not for the geese, I'd be shut out :help:
I know things will get better for you next year so hang in there buddy!

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:51 pm

I am with you lewdog. I cant wait til this season is over. THe goose count for this year is triple last years, but the ducks appearently never got the invite.

Reason why i am ready:
- New layout boat to work on
- Gonna try to make my own decoys this year.
- Looking forward to the state calling comp.
- Just the excitement of another season coming, with hopefully colder weather.
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby cut_un » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:35 am

Well, my row got even shorter as I have to work on tomorrow, Sat. Was planning on hammering a few but while you guys are out lookin skyward, I'll be "thinking bout you and dem ducks/geese" :help: :help: Kill one for me :salude:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby FEATHERBUSTER » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:56 am

I KNOW THAT FEELING CUT, I'LL BE WORKING TOO!!! :thumbsdown: YOU BOYS WILL HAVE TO TAKE UP THE SLACK. KILL A FEW FOR ME :laughing: :laughing:
FEATHERBUSTER
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:26 am

Dang I wish you guys had some fixed blinds on the James b/c the way I hear it that is where there are some birds to get are . There is no way I'm going to try to hunt the James river without having a place I have permission to hunt . So I will do my best
KILL A FEW FOR ME
and
Kill one for me
around here but all I have been seeing is buffs and rudds and I'm shooting $2.00 shells .

I take it that both of you would like to hunt Sundays if it was legal ?

:hammering: LD :hammering:
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:37 am

Where at on the James are ythey killing ducks. I havent seen any in my back yard. It sucks this year. The geese arent even really here. I have been working hard just to kill the few geese we have killed
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:12 pm

You are so right Fowler, the James was smoking a month ago, now, it's a dud. I guess if the weather does not change in a hurry, we will just ...start cat fishin :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Either way ,it's to de water on Sat. :eek: :eek:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting