Best taxidermy in the area?

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, Ichabod97, callncut

Best taxidermy in the area?

Postby PGHonker » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:43 pm

Hey Guys, I am new to the site and had a question for anyone who could help. I have a wood duck and a goose from this hunting season that were in such good shape that I saved them and I'm going to have them mounted. I was just wondering where to start and who you all think does the best job in chesterfield, richmond, wherever. Any names or other details yall have would be great, thanks
PGHonker
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:02 pm

:welcome: to DHC. I have heard many good things about Mike vaughn. I have seen some of his work, and my buddy has a ruddy duck and a gadwall with him now. I cant wait to see them. I got less than a week to kill a pintail and i dont see it happening. :toofunny: What part of PG are you from.
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby PGHonker » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:08 pm

thanks for the info trip, this is Hunter, yall been doing any good lately? You hunting in the morning??
Last edited by PGHonker on Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PGHonker
hunter

Postby PGHonker » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:09 pm

Where is Mike Vaughn out of?
PGHonker
hunter

Postby cut_un » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:40 am

I've heard good things about Mike too! Never used him though. Another Mike.... Mike King does all my work. He does a great job on fowl, fish and deer. He's located down by Bellwood Depot on Congress Road. Either one will give you a first rate job! And congrads on "de birds" :salude: OH! :welcome: to the site :getdown:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby muddycreekdux » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:08 pm

Got this pair last season and had them mounted by Cabin Creek Taxidermy in Va. Beach. Very happy with the craftsmanship, these are the best mounts I have!
muddycreekdux
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:06 pm

I will get you mikes number tomorrow. I got it at work!!! We killed 8 this afternoon. I have had a good season, compared to last year. I am starting to get back in to it. I am already excited about next season. Got some new places and ticks. I have killed almost 4 times the amount of birds this year compared to last year.
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting