Duck Hunting Forum banner

Well,..it's official Skins'..

8K views 181 replies 18 participants last post by  Tangier Island Slacker 
#1 ·
RG-3 :clapping: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thank the good Lawd' above :hi:

#3 ·
The average fans' reaction to this year's draft is an absolute embarrassment. Going into the fifth round of an NFL draft having acquired *ONE* position other than QB while trading away your next 2 first-round picks is exactly how 3-13 teams are built. And it seems to be what most fans want, so you're going to get exactly the team you deserve.

#5 ·
Bryce Harper made his debut on Sat. Pretty good showing though I'm in the TOO EARLY camp. Hopefully while Zimmerman and Morse are on the heal his bat will atleast stay tolerable, even with the lowest team ERA in MLB , gotta have run support and unlike the Skins they didn't mortgage the next 10 years for Prince Fielder. Thank GAWD !!! Reminiscent of the Heath Shuler buzz , and I will gladly bite my tounge if it's not.

#6 ·
TIS..I do agree they tend to make dumb decisions...But what should they do...I would consider offensive lineman...But I would throw my eggs in the basket for RG3...We could get jerry rice in his prime and it wouldnt make a difference...If you have grossman who cant punt, pass and kick a football 22yds you dont stand a chance...Hell at least the kid can run...Because believe me he will have to...But you better believe I will be excited opening day..it might not last long but hell most things dont..

Tracker

#8 ·
Tangier Island Slacker said:
The average fans' reaction to this year's draft is an absolute embarrassment. Going into the fifth round of an NFL draft having acquired *ONE* position other than QB while trading away your next 2 first-round picks is exactly how 3-13 teams are built. And it seems to be what most fans want, so you're going to get exactly the team you deserve.
Here's my answer to this T.I.S,..

Have Gun Will Travel said:
That's short for Really Gawd-aweful for the 3rd decade, right? :lol3:
.................................. :lol: And Have-Guns' right!

Whether it's the 5th round, or the 25th round,..you saw what happened with Beck,..you saw what happened with Grossman, you saw what happened with McNabb..
And then the rest of the crap for the previous..3 decades :yes:

Lemme' guess,..it would have been better to have taken a chance on an injured Peyton Manning :hammer: :no:

NOW you've got something to build off of. And if ya' think a team is supposed to go to the playoffs the first year after drafting a new Quarterback you're having a real bad pipe dream :lol3:

:beer:

#10 ·
Could be mistaken but I'm assuming TIS is not as much referring to the 1st round pick but the 4th round pick of a second QB in cousins ????

I think it's an "ok" pick if I thought they were smart enough to be doing it for the right reason (trade value) but the past says there not that smart. I can't believe he was still around for them to pick him up .... I've seen him rated as high as the 3-4 best QB in this draft (alternating with Ryan Tannerhill)

His value could be worth more I'm future draft picks than the 4th rounder they gave for him , but again they ain't that smart....

#11 ·
Cookie the rookie said:
Could be mistaken but I'm assuming TIS is not as much referring to the 1st round pick but the 4th round pick of a second QB in cousins ????

I think it's an "ok" pick if I thought they were smart enough to be doing it for the right reason (trade value) but the past says there not that smart. I can't believe he was still around for them to pick him up .... I've seen him rated as high as the 3-4 best QB in this draft (alternating with Ryan Tannerhill)

His value could be worth more I'm future draft picks than the 4th rounder they gave for him , but again they ain't that smart....
Ahh,..my bad Cookie, thanks for pointing that out.. :bow:
But even still,..Washington has the opportunity to groom RG3's backup as well. At least for once the future is a priority rather than a "quick fix to the playoffs" which hasn't worked ever ..

Think of it..Rex Grossman as your back up Quarterback..

I'd be worried if we didn't have anyone Offensively that couldn't run the ball or make any play action plays...But we do, they just need to stay healthy.

#12 ·
Tracker Grizzley said:
TIS..I do agree they tend to make dumb decisions...But what should they do..
Tracker
For starters: fire Shanahan and his kid, sign Flynn, cross your fingers Kalil falls to you at 6. When he doesn't, trade DOWN for extra picks at the end of the first and beginning of the second and use them to build a massive stockpile of young o-line talent. And you've still got all the picks in years to come.

#13 ·
Cookie the rookie said:

Nope. The trade to get Griffin was awful. They gave up WAY too much. Remember, with the new salary rules, those first-rounders are far more valuble than they've ever been. Now they've severely hampered their abilities to build around him even if he is good (50/50 proposition), and all this comes on the heels of getting their salary cap number dinged for other dumb stuff. Just atrocious management as always.

But the fan base eats their **** and asks for seconds, so here we are.

#14 ·
all this comes on the heels of getting their salary cap number dinged for other dumb stuff. Just atrocious management as always.

Yeap TIS, not the best management, I'll agree, but unless something changed, the investigation on the bounty stuff was unfounded, and the manipulation of salary caps, and contracts was founded..
And there's even WORSE managemental decisions other than Washington out there..Just take a look in New Orleans :yes:

Idiotic decisions for sure..
But lest we forget about some of the idiotic decisions a couple of our players made..off the field,..hmmm(?)
But hey,..there's
Fred Davis, (when he's not stoned)
Terrance Austin
Anthony Armstrong
Brandon Banks
Chris Cooley
Jabar Gaffney
Pierre Garcon
Leo Hankerson
Josh Morgan
Santanna Moss
Rob Myers
I mean,..there's some talent here..At least there's a Q.B. now that can challenge these guys to make plays..someone who can actually make plays himself with his legs.. :yes:

That said-
What's the rub with folks that are happy with the decision?

#15 ·
swampbilly 1980 said:
all this comes on the heels of getting their salary cap number dinged for other dumb stuff. Just atrocious management as always.

Yeap TIS, not the best management, I'll agree, but unless something changed, the investigation on the bounty stuff was unfounded, and the manipulation of salary caps, and contracts was founded..
But lest we forget about some of the idiotic decisions a couple of our players made..off the field,..hmmm(?)
But hey,..there's
Terrance Austin
Anthony Armstrong
Brandon Banks
Chris Cooley
Jabar Gaffney
Pierre Garcon
Leo Hankerson
Josh Morgan
Santanna Moss
Rob Myers
I mean,..there's some talent here..At least there's a Q.B. now that can challenge these guys to make plays..someone who can actually make plays himself with his legs.. :yes:

That said-
But what's the rub with folks that are happy with the decision?
It would certainly appear as though you're incapable of stepping back and realizing how ridiculous that is. But hey, you're far from alone, so at least there's that.

#16 ·
swampbilly 1980 said:

But hey,..there's
Terrance Austin
Anthony Armstrong
Brandon Banks
Chris Cooley
Jabar Gaffney
Pierre Garcon
Leo Hankerson
Josh Morgan
Santanna Moss
Rob Myers

That said-
But what's the rub with folks that are happy with the decision?
It would certainly appear as though you're incapable of stepping back and realizing how ridiculous that is. But hey, you're far from alone, so at least there's that.
Thanks for the physic evaluation Slacker, but how ridiculous what is?
That RG3's got a set of legs and can actually use 'em?

I can agree we paid a lot,..is RG3 worth seven players?
Guess we'll see .

It's amazing to me the amount of fans who ran the Shannahans, and Snyder through a meatgrinder, (and rightfully so), for the Quarterback situation for the last 2-3 seasons, and when they FINALLY actually make a move for the future they get upset about THAT TOO! :lol3:

Was it sacrificial,..you bet, but you've GOT TO start somewhere! And after viewing Griffins' stats there's a reason why he was in the FIRST round :wink:

But go ahead and complain Slacker,..guess if they had've made choices that were more need orientated, vs. want orientated, chances are you might be complaining because they didn't get a decent Quarterback in the first round...And truthfully ..

We needed a Quarterback, period.
Could be wrong,..but I'd bet my last dollar that he's here to stay.

#17 ·
Why pay flynn when he had two starts with a excellent line and team...Reminds me of kevin kolb...He was so great..very few starts and arizona is paying for it...cant justify getting flynn on the chance his two starts are what your getting...why not go after a quarterback that can run, pass and understands the game...this isnt jamarcus russell...this kid seems to be a good choice...only time will tell...you could have the best line in football and grossman or beck back there and the skins would win 6 games max...MUST HAVE A QUARTERBACK!!!!!......Hard to pass up pure talent...

Tracker

#18 ·
Tracker Grizzley said:
Why pay flynn when he had two starts with a excellent line and team...Reminds me of kevin kolb...He was so great..very few starts and arizona is paying for it...cant justify getting flynn on the chance his two starts are what your getting...why not go after a quarterback that can run, pass and understands the game...this isnt jamarcus russell...this kid seems to be a good choice...only time will tell...you could have the best line in football and grossman or beck back there and the skins would win 6 games max...MUST HAVE A QUARTERBACK!!!!!......Hard to pass up pure talent...

Tracker
Because Flynn has proven that he can light it up when surrounded with a great cast. Whatever else you may think of him or he may be capable of, you know that he can play up to the level of a great cast. That's a verifiable fact. It's not a guess or a projection or a hope. So sign him and keep the picks and go about surrounding him with a great cast.

#19 ·
Shanahan missed on McNabb, staked his reputation on Grossman/Beck and now put his career on the line for this kid. If Griffin hits, the trade was worth it, if not it wasn't. Pretty simple.

As a Cowboys fan, not one player on that team scared me last year. I used to hate it when the would give the ball to Riggo, or toss a long pass to Gary Clark or Arrington would make a play.....Fast forward to this year and that list SB posted up. You think Andy Reid is game planning for Josh Morgan? You think Tom Coughlin is for Cooley? Me neither.

But......if RGIII hits, he will be a game changer and the Skins will be back in the mix for 6-8 years.

The Cousins pick was stupid.

#20 ·
The kid will get his ass kicked this year and it will permanently mess him up mentally. Not many rookies can come out and play well from the get go. Those that do usually have a pretty good team around them. Most fail and never get past it and their career backups from then on. He's a talented kid for sure but I doubt he is ready to start in the pro's with no real help. He will make some big plays and run well but I'm guessing injured by week 8.

#21 ·
Flynn proved he can play well with a excellent team...You made my point...Redskins not excellent...many years away...Its proven he made two starts...damn doesnt take much to impress...hell if RG3 has a couple good starts that should suffice right..draft the kid and see what happens...As far as starting rookies...John Elway, Peyton Manning, Troy Aikman, Andy Dalton, Cam Newton all started first year...Granted there are a ton that dont make it but these guys did it with little talent...Its a crap shoot...Hell scouts loved Leaf and look what happened...LOL

Tracker

#22 ·
Bringing this back to the top...Cant wait til the season starts...Good thing we didnt sign flynn to that 27 million dollar contract...He couldnt beat out russell wilson...Like I said..Flynn started two games for a great team..hahaha...We will see..RG3 probably goes down and Flynn starts by week 2.. :lol3:

Tracker

#23 ·
I played against Russell Wilson in middle school and JV in high school. Once he started doing incredible things for Collegiate's varsity team, it became clear to a lot of us that we'd see him on Sunday afternoons one day. It is just awesome to see a kid that I used to line up across, who has taken it big and doing it the right way.

#25 ·
Tracker Grizzley said:
Bringing this back to the top...Cant wait til the season starts...Good thing we didnt sign flynn to that 27 million dollar contract...He couldnt beat out russell wilson...Like I said..Flynn started two games for a great team..hahaha...We will see..RG3 probably goes down and Flynn starts by week 2.. :lol3:

Tracker
Glad you brought it back to the top Tracker :devil: :devil:

Don't think we've seen all of what RG3 is made of yet, (good or bad), but do know for a pre season game against the Colts Sat.,, the team showed up to play...all of 'em.
There's a reason Andrew Luck was 1st round, and it showed Sat.
Although we did beat the Colts there's a lot more to see, but nevertheless I feel like we've got a team now to root for.
Luv the Skins' but unless the Defense plays like they did Saturday, Drew Brees will pick us apart in our first game :yes:

#26 ·
Tracker Grizzley said:

Tracker
Two words: Pete. Carroll.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.