Well,..it's official Skins'..

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, Ichabod97, callncut

Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:43 pm

Tracker Grizzley wrote:Bringing this back to the top...Cant wait til the season starts...Good thing we didnt sign flynn to that 27 million dollar contract...He couldnt beat out russell wilson...Like I said..Flynn started two games for a great team..hahaha...We will see..RG3 probably goes down and Flynn starts by week 2.. :lol3:

Tracker

Two words: Pete. Carroll.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:46 pm

va marsh rat wrote:I played against Russell Wilson in middle school and JV in high school. Once he started doing incredible things for Collegiate's varsity team, it became clear to a lot of us that we'd see him on Sunday afternoons one day. It is just awesome to see a kid that I used to line up across, who has taken it big and doing it the right way.

It was abundantly clear to everyone who ever played against the greatest high school athlete ever that we'd be inducting Ronald Curry into the Hall of Fame a few years from now. The only question was whether it would be in football, basketball, or both.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter

Postby Mudgun » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:38 am

Tangier Island Slacker wrote:
va marsh rat wrote:I played against Russell Wilson in middle school and JV in high school. Once he started doing incredible things for Collegiate's varsity team, it became clear to a lot of us that we'd see him on Sunday afternoons one day. It is just awesome to see a kid that I used to line up across, who has taken it big and doing it the right way.

It was abundantly clear to everyone who ever played against the greatest high school athlete ever that we'd be inducting Ronald Curry into the Hall of Fame a few years from now. The only question was whether it would be in football, basketball, or both.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
NOW WITH MORE 100% MORE VITRIOLIC SARCASM!!!
Mudgun
hunter

Postby Markd » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:57 pm

Cooley's toast......that should put them over the top this year. :hi:
Markd
hunter

Postby wvlippo » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:07 pm

Curry was a way better all around athlete than Vick thats for sure. Better QB too.
The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

The amendment that guarantees all the rest.
wvlippo
hunter

Postby old1neck » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:51 pm

tuppyus wrote:After week 1 of the pre-season, you all will be Buffalo Bills fans...

I'm definitely not a Bill's fan lol
What time is shooting time?
old1neck
hunter

Postby Tracker Grizzley » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:58 pm

Two words: Pete. Carroll.[/quote]

TIS.."It would certainly appear as though you're incapable of stepping back and realizing how ridiculous that is. But hey, you're far from alone, so at least there's that".... :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Tracker Grizzley
hunter

Postby tuppyus » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:05 pm

old1neck wrote:
tuppyus wrote:After week 1 of the pre-season, you all will be Buffalo Bills fans...

I'm definitely not a Bill's fan lol

Yeah.. I'm eating those words as long as Fitzpatrick is running the BIlls offense.. But cmon.. gotta love the defense
tuppyus
hunter

Postby Mudgun » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:17 pm

wvlippo wrote:Curry was a way better all around athlete than Vick thats for sure. Better QB too.

Yeah, he showed the world what was up at UNC. :lol3: :no:
Mudgun
hunter

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:38 pm

Tracker Grizzley wrote:Two words: Pete. Carroll.

TIS.."It would certainly appear as though you're incapable of stepping back and realizing how ridiculous that is. But hey, you're far from alone, so at least there's that".... :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:[/quote]

What, Carroll is a QB guru now? The guy who pinned the success of an NFL season on the shoulders of Tarvaris Jackson is suddenly competent because of.... what?
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:43 pm

Mudgun wrote:
wvlippo wrote:Curry was a way better all around athlete than Vick thats for sure. Better QB too.

You know the story, ripped his achilles off the bone first week down there. He was the same size and less athletic at 26 than he was at 18, and that was still good enough to be a serviceable NFL receiver. Tough to knock a guy who was 2-time national Player of the Year in America's 2 most popular sports. VERY high chance that nothing like that will ever done again. And he's a decent person and father, could be worse than not realizing his full potential in contact hot potato.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter

Postby Tracker Grizzley » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:26 pm

Not at all talking about Pete...Just stating that Wilson out played Flynn for the job and now you say its petes fault...Like I said Flynn played for a outstanding team...Surround most any decent NFL QB with talent and you will have success...Just glad the skins didnt waste 27 million on a 2 start QB...Because they are very famous for that...Only time will tell...Like SB Im excited to see what RG3 does this year..

tracker
Tracker Grizzley
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:08 am

WoW!
Cooley gone?<--- :sad:

and Suisham gone! :eek:
I wonder if that missed field goal from 38yds. IN DALLAS last season for a game win had anythjing to do with it? :lol3:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby wvlippo » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:40 am

Mudgun wrote:

Ive seen a bunch of high shcool tapes of both and that's my take. He was way better at basketball. But like mentioned he got real hurt at UNC so that changed everything. He was also a crackhead probably but thats another story.
The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

The amendment that guarantees all the rest.
wvlippo
hunter

Postby Mudgun » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:00 am

Allen Iverson was the best HS QB in VA so far. Horrible, horrible human being.
Mudgun
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:22 pm

So is Tampa Bays' 2nd and 3rd stringers that bad or do we finally have some real depth in ours with guys who want to play football?
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby old1neck » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:30 am

I'm excited about this season. The team was better than their record last year. Games were given away that should've been won by two horrible quarterbacks that didn't protect the football. I like the investment in RG3. I like the Cousins pick, he has been impressive in the preseason... Better showings than a lot of teams starters. As a fan I hate the Cooley release but understand why they did it from an objective point of view. We wont have long to wait to see how they do against a good team, the saints in the dome will be a tough one.
old1neck
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:14 am

old1neck wrote: We wont have long to wait to see how they do against a good team, the saints in the dome will be a tough one.

I hear ya' OldNeck.
That's going to be a somewhat "hard" game for me to watch 'Neck.. Die-hard Skins' fan, but since Katrina virtually destroyed New Orleans, (and then when the Saints won the Superbowl), I've grown fond of the Saints, and also Drew Brees..The dude will pick you right apart if you give him the opportunity, and I like the story on Jimmy Graham-- and look what a fine reciever he turned out to be. New Orleans deserved that Superbowl.

And after having flown over the La. coastline and seeing the true beauty of the Mississippi Delta 2yrs. ago down there killin' Teal, I've grown quite fond of La.,..for Duckhuntin' :yes:

Nevertheless, the Skins' have to win.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:26 am

What do you call a large group of guys watching football on tv during the play-offs?
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:44 am

old1neck wrote:I'm excited about this season. The team was better than their record last year.

You are what your record says you are, and the 'Skins have won 15 total games in the last 3 years. They're that bad.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter

Postby old1neck » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:15 am

Have Gun Will Travel wrote:What do you call a large group of guys watching football on tv during the play-offs?

patriots fans

@TIS if they go 0 / 16 they are still my team. They were the only team to sweep the Giants last year... They're that good
old1neck
hunter

Postby old1neck » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:52 pm

Talk to me now
old1neck
hunter

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:06 pm

old1neck wrote:Talk to me now

Led by all-time great Rex Grossman, the Redskins doubled up on the Giants in week 1 of the 2011 season. They did even better against them in week 15.

In related news, you (and MANY other Skins fans) still lack perspective.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter

Postby Markd » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:46 pm

Griffin is a nice kid. Beating Nawlins in the Superdome is a good win.

Take it from someone who knows, wins in September are only important if you are winning in December.
Markd
hunter

Postby Tracker Grizzley » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:00 pm

Come on TIS still no love....Must be a cowboy fan.. :grooving:
Tracker Grizzley
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting