Well,..it's official Skins'..

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, callncut, Ichabod97, fowl mouth

Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:24 pm

I'm sane is all. One game means very little. As has been pointed out several times already, Sexy Rexy pummeled the Giants twice last year. I've always thought Griffin had a 50/50 chance of being really good. Today, he convinced me to go up to 55/45.

I still think they gave up WAY too much for him, and probably only 2 Lombardis in the next 15 years will change my opinion on that
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter

Postby Tracker Grizzley » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:22 pm

So you are telling me that if somehow someway they won it all this year that pick would not be justified...Believe me I know it wont happen but to say he has to have 2 in the next 15 is CRAZY...not so sure you are sane!!!...Got to ask...Who is your team?
Tracker Grizzley
hunter

Postby old1neck » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:43 am

You have no idea about my perspective... I am a lifelong Skins fan. I have made no wild predictions. I was doubtful about getting a win in the dome but was cheering like a wild man when we did it. Ask the cowboys how much 1 win meant last December. That win is huge for fans, the team, and our rookie qb.
What time is shooting time?
old1neck
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:33 am

Tangier Island Slacker wrote:I'm sane is all. One game means very little. As has been pointed out several times already, Sexy Rexy pummeled the Giants twice last year. I've always thought Griffin had a 50/50 chance of being really good. Today, he convinced me to go up to 55/45.

I still think they gave up WAY too much for him, and probably only 2 Lombardis in the next 15 years will change my opinion on that

Whether the Skins' win another game the rest of the season or not, here's the deal..No-one, but No one goes to the Superdome and beat the Saints,,it just doesn't happen TIS. Forget about Rex, and that era, this is a different team than what we're used to seeing.
That said-
Ya' just don't go in there,.. bat down balls,... and SACK Drew Brees 3 times EITHER :wink: While I'm impressed with RG3, I'm also impressed with the rest of the TEAM who showed up to play football yesterday, I mean real football..and won.
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:11 am

old1neck wrote:You have no idea about my perspective... I am a lifelong Skins fan. I have made no wild predictions. I was doubtful about getting a win in the dome but was cheering like a wild man when we did it. Ask the cowboys how much 1 win meant last December. That win is huge for fans, the team, and our rookie qb.

I know that you get really excited about a week 1 game and immediately jump online to yell about it.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:16 am

swampbilly 1980 wrote:
Tangier Island Slacker wrote:I'm sane is all. One game means very little. As has been pointed out several times already, Sexy Rexy pummeled the Giants twice last year. I've always thought Griffin had a 50/50 chance of being really good. Today, he convinced me to go up to 55/45.

Whether the Skins' win another game the rest of the season or not, here's the deal..No-one, but No one goes to the Superdome and beat the Saints,,it just doesn't happen TIS. Forget about Rex, and that era, this is a different team than what we're used to seeing.
That said-
Ya' just don't go in there,.. bat down balls,... and SACK Drew Brees 3 times EITHER :wink: While I'm impressed with RG3, I'm also impressed with the rest of the TEAM who showed up to play football yesterday, I mean real football..and won.

That wasn't the same Saints team of the previous 3 or 4 years. Half of them looked like they wanted out mi8dway through the second quarter. We'll see where they end up, but it's *WEEK ONE*.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:25 am

Tracker Grizzley wrote:So you are telling me that if somehow someway they won it all this year that pick would not be justified...Believe me I know it wont happen but to say he has to have 2 in the next 15 is CRAZY...not so sure you are sane!!!...Got to ask...Who is your team?

If they win it all this year, and he plays a large roll in that? Yeah, spectacular move. And it's totally going to happen!

I was born in DC, played Atari as a little kid with most of the team because a lot of them lived near us. Can't help what you're born into, but I can withdraw my support from an organization that has spent 2 decades giving its support base an inferior product at a premium price.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter

Postby old1neck » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:28 am

Tangier Island Slacker wrote:
old1neck wrote:I'm excited about this season. The team was better than their record last year.

You are what your record says you are, and the 'Skins have won 15 total games in the last 3 years. They're that bad.

Following your logic the 15-1 packers would be the defending champs, the 13-3 patriots and 13-3 saints would've finished ahead of the 9-7 giants who are the defending champs. I think you better stick to bashing green heads instead of trying to bash the Redskins.
old1neck
hunter

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:42 am

old1neck wrote:
old1neck wrote:I'm excited about this season. The team was better than their record last year.

You are what your record says you are, and the 'Skins have won 15 total games in the last 3 years. They're that bad.

Following your logic the 15-1 packers would be the defending champs, the 13-3 patriots and 13-3 saints would've finished ahead of the 9-7 giants who are the defending champs. I think you better stick to bashing green heads instead of trying to bash the Redskins.

Now you're just making stuff up.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter

Postby old1neck » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:48 am

Ok mr you are only as good as your record
old1neck
hunter

Postby Tracker Grizzley » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:07 am

hahahahahaha...sounds good to me....making stuff up..bhahahahaha
Tracker Grizzley
hunter

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:25 am

old1neck wrote:Ok mr you are only as good as your record

And I clearly said that only regular season records count, right?

No, of course not. You fabricated that part all on your own.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter

Postby old1neck » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:06 am

As if you specified which record you were referring too...it's ok slacker..Even you can be wrong sometimes
old1neck
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:15 am

swampbilly 1980 wrote:

That said-

That wasn't the same Saints team of the previous 3 or 4 years. Half of them looked like they wanted out mi8dway through the second quarter. We'll see where they end up, but it's *WEEK ONE*.

Pssst...Tangier,...Drew Brees broke an NFL record last season in passing yards..with the same team that showed up to play yesterday :wink: ..Just sayin'...
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:18 am

In other words, you need it spelled out that a team's record includes the totality of their achievements.

Thing is, you're really not that daft, but you don't like the way the facts line up so you decided to color outside the lines.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:21 am

Not really, swamp. This is a coach and quarterback league, and their coach was sitting on the couch yesterday. If those refs played for the Nationals, they would've been shut down for the rest of the season due to all the flags they threw. That comes from sloppy coaching. So no, that wasn't the "same team" as they've had recently.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:25 am

Tangier Island Slacker wrote:Not really, swamp. This is a coach and quarterback league, and their coach was sitting on the couch yesterday. If those refs played for the Nationals, they would've been shut down for the rest of the season due to all the flags they threw. That comes from sloppy coaching. So no, that wasn't the "same team" as they've had recently.

Oh, ok :wink: So what you're saying is that unlesss Payton is on the sidelines they can't play?

I think if you beat the saints no matter who's there on the sidelines , you've done something.,.Yep..it's only one game Tangier, but there's at least a sense of accomplishment. And there's no reason Skins' fans can't be excited about this season..It's not against the rules morally or ethically..
Sean Payton didn't throw for over 5000yds. last season..Drew Brees did.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:37 am

swampbilly 1980 wrote:
Tangier Island Slacker wrote:Not really, swamp. This is a coach and quarterback league, and their coach was sitting on the couch yesterday. If those refs played for the Nationals, they would've been shut down for the rest of the season due to all the flags they threw. That comes from sloppy coaching. So no, that wasn't the "same team" as they've had recently.

Oh, ok :wink: So what you're saying is that unlesss Payton is on the sidelines they can't play?

Yes, that's the exact claim I made. Word for word.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:02 am

swampbilly 1980 wrote:

Yes, that's the exact claim I made. Word for word.

So when Payton was out with a broken leg last season for the rest of the one game and the next game, how'd' they pull off a win(s) without him? :huh:
I get what you're saying TIS..I don't think anyone's going over the top.(x-cept for the media :yes: )..But do believe you're not giving the talent that's there, (in New Orleans), (or Washington),.. any credit.

It's one game..and it's ok to be excited about the W in the left hand column.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby old1neck » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:37 am

So add in the playoff games off the teams I mentioned and the giants still don't have the best record. You really want to get in a word for word game?

All week long the analyst have said the Saints would beat the Redskins easily. They even said it didn't matter that the coach was suspended. How RG3 would struggle in that hostile environment. Now that we got a win down there people want to downplay the saints as not being that good this year. Last year they were 8-0 in the dome but not this year.
old1neck
hunter

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:12 am

old1neck wrote:So add in the playoff games off the teams I mentioned and the giants still don't have the best record. You really want to get in a word for word game?

You really do need this explained, huh? They don't have the most wins, but their record of accomplishment is the best. Always is for the winner of the Super Bowl. When you're consistently 5-11 like the Skins, regular season games is all you get. So that's their complete "record." Teams that don't suck have seasons that are composed in a broader picture.

Word game with you? Absolutely not. You've already proven that you're willing to attribute things to people that they never said just to fit whatever narrow narrative you have in your head.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter

Postby old1neck » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:26 am

Pretty sure you wrote this...wow...you really do think you are never wrong.
old1neck
hunter

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:30 am

No kidding! Just look at the part where I said "regular season games only."

It's right there in the uhh... above the umm... well, near the errr...

I was wrong about something, actually: you really are that daft.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter

Postby old1neck » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:43 am

And your so freakin smart
old1neck
hunter

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:51 am

old1neck wrote:And your so freakin smart

Quoted so others can get a laugh in case someone tips you off.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting