Well,..it's official Skins'..

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, callncut, Ichabod97

Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby Mudgun » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:18 pm

Unintentional irony is ironic.
NOW WITH MORE 100% MORE VITRIOLIC SARCASM!!!
Mudgun
hunter

Postby Tracker Grizzley » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:49 pm

Dont worry neck you cant win against a guy that thinks he is never wrong...Suprised he isnt coaching with all his knowledge..or lack there of.. :thumbsup:
Tracker Grizzley
hunter

Postby old1neck » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:05 pm

I've already won, he called me daft
What time is shooting time?
old1neck
hunter

Postby Tracker Grizzley » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:04 pm

hahahahaha...I wouldnt stand for that.. :lol3:

Tracker
Tracker Grizzley
hunter

Postby old1neck » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:54 pm

What's really funny is he made the statement to try to belittle my comment/opinion about the Skins being better than their record last year. I was clearly talking about the 2011 single season record of the Redskins. When I point out the error in his logic he implies he was the first to mention records and he never stated regular season games only. Then he even tries to imply when someone refers to a teams record what they really are referring to is their franchise accomplishments. In this thread he has suggested to sign Flynn, fire Shanahan and his kid, given Swamp a mental evaluation of ridiculous, implied Pete Carroll ruined Flynn, alleged many Skins fans lack perspective, claimed to be sane, stated one game means very little(can't win 2 until you win 1), thinks fans shouldn't be excited when their team puts up 40 points with their rookie they gave up WAY too much for, stated so intelligently this isn't the same Saints team of the previous 3 or 4 years( show me 1 team with no roster changes in the last 3 or 4 years),told us he played Atari with most of the team as a child(love that one), told me I was making stuff up and coloring outside the lines, and then he called me daft.
old1neck
hunter

Postby Tracker Grizzley » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:12 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: ...neck we need to get together and bust a roost hole full of geese..that would really get the blood flowing.. :grooving: :grooving: :grooving: :grooving:
Tracker Grizzley
hunter

Postby adustydawg » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:19 pm

X2 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :beer:
adustydawg
hunter

Postby old1neck » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:22 pm

Tracker how daft of you lol...if we name our guns and keep track of what we kill we might even get punched in the face.
old1neck
hunter

Postby Tracker Grizzley » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:02 pm

bhahahaha...that would be the day!!...Nobody gonna punch me when ole betsy comes out barkin... :lol3: :lol3:
Tracker Grizzley
hunter

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:41 am

Alrighty, fellas. We're officially past the halfway point, so now some clarity can be brought to predictions.

The 'Skins suck, and are right on track to go 6-10, though with their schedule getting harder, 5-11 seems just as likely. What a shock. The good news for 'Skins fans is that Griffin sure looks like a supernatural talent in almost every way that matters. The bad news is that pretty much the entire rest of the team is garbage, and they've got less cap space and fewer picks over the next several years than all other teams in the league to improve that situation. Their coach is still bad, their owner is terrible, and the GM is "meh" at best. But hey, Griffin is fun to watch, so at least the next several losing seasons will have a few cool highlight-reel plays. So there's that.

The dynamic duo of Carroll and whats-his-name are 31st in offensive points, better only than the Jaguars, who aren't even trying to field an NFL team in the hopes of moving to LA. Of teams that are actually putting forth an effort, they're dead last in offense. Again, a huge shock.

The Aints are back! As it turns out, losing one of the best coaches in a league and being caught in huge turmoil otherwise in a league where success is built 40% QB, 40% coach, and 20% other actually has a giant impact. Who knew?!
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter

Postby Tracker Grizzley » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:19 pm

So you still think the flynn and picks would have been better? Griffin is an outstanding talent. Defensive is the issue. No doubt they need a lot of help. But flynn with a 30 million dollar contract would have not helped. Offensive line has held up good. Number one receiver still hurt since game one. TIS you need to right for espn with your football knowledge..
Tracker Grizzley
hunter

Postby imaduckin up north » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:30 pm

are you DAFT :lol:
,IS IT DUCK SEASON YET
THERE AINT NO DUCKS IN VA, dicks sporting goods told me so
you can educate ignorance
you can medicate crazy
but you cant fix stupid
imaduckin up north
hunter

Postby Tracker Grizzley » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:46 pm

I guess so.. Us skin fans just arent on the same level with TIS..
Tracker Grizzley
hunter

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:02 pm

Tracker Grizzley wrote:So you still think the flynn and picks would have been better? Griffin is an outstanding talent. Defensive is the issue. No doubt they need a lot of help. But flynn with a 30 million dollar contract would have not helped. Offensive line has held up good. Number one receiver still hurt since game one. TIS you need to right for espn with your football knowledge..

There's no way to tell that now. All we know is that Griffin is awesome and the rest of the Redskins organization is garbage and that they lack both cap space and draft picks to improve the lack of talent even if a bunch of dumb people become brilliant overnight. Doesn't exactly sound like a recipe for long-term contendership.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter

Postby Markd » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:41 pm

Tangier Island Slacker wrote:All we know is that Griffin is awesome

Maybe, he seems pretty good but 8 games is not a very large sample. Anyone want to take Cam Newton?

If Griffin can manage to stay healthy for a couple of years, he could be good, even great. But just remember, pretty good doesn't win Super Bowls anymore.
Markd
hunter

Postby imaduckin up north » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:55 pm

as my 5 year old grandaughter says and i quote " BOO REDSKINS " :yes:
,IS IT DUCK SEASON YET
you can medicate crazy
but you cant fix stupid
imaduckin up north
hunter

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:04 pm

Markd wrote:
Tangier Island Slacker wrote:All we know is that Griffin is awesome

Maybe, he seems pretty good but 8 games is not a very large sample. Anyone want to take Cam Newton?

If Griffin can manage to stay healthy for a couple of years, he could be good, even great. But just remember, pretty good doesn't win Super Bowls anymore.

I should've been more precise: Griffin is awesomely talented, even stacked up against NFL competition. I think his ability to stay healthy is the big question mark, but he's never had any of the baggage that Newton has always shown. He's small(ish) and runs too much and plays on a bad team, that stuff will get him before any mental issues of his own making.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter

Postby Markd » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:13 pm

Griffin looks pretty good. Defenses catch up quick. Let's see how he does over the next 24 games before you anoint him the next Roger Staubach or Steve Young, which is who he reminds me of.
Markd
hunter

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:19 pm

Markd wrote:Griffin looks pretty good. Defenses catch up quick. Let's see how he does over the next 24 games before you anoint him the next Roger Staubach or Steve Young, which is who he reminds me of.

Hollllllld on there, Bubby Brisket. I'm only saying he's an awesomely talented player on a garbage team that's going nowhere. Staubach made the HOF despite playing with the symbol of feces wrapped around both ears, and Young was the best statistically efficient QB ever. But yeah, his game is Young-*esque*... so far.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter

Postby Mudgun » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:30 pm

Markd wrote:
. But just remember, pretty good doesn't win Super Bowls anymore.

Mark is supremely qualified to make this statement. :lol3: :lol3:

Eli sez Wasssssuppppppppp :hammer:
NOW WITH MORE 100% MORE VITRIOLIC SARCASM!!!
Mudgun
hunter

Postby WoodieMan85 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:39 pm

I wish the threads about duck huntin got this much attention. :sad: Sounds like ESPN to me :huh: :huh:
WoodieMan85
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:38 pm

Alright, Alright,..Let's face it and keep it real,...A Quarterback can only make his contribution of talent depending on the talent that's around him.

Excuses are excuses, however, we've lost some very key Offensive, and Defensive players to INJURIES...and that hurts. Had a kicker that couldn't kick one from 30yds. :rolleyes: But the game shouldn't depend on a field goal in the last 30 seconds.

And I know of one "key player" that currently plays in the secondary, and THAT guy needs to GO ------>D. Hall :rolleyes:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby imaduckin up north » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:00 pm

WoodieMan85 wrote:I wish the threads about duck huntin got this much attention. :sad: Sounds like ESPN to me :huh: :huh:

start talkin bout blind laws or sunday hunting and it will :thumbsup:
,IS IT DUCK SEASON YET
you can medicate crazy
but you cant fix stupid
imaduckin up north
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:25 am

WoodieMan85 wrote:I wish the threads about duck huntin got this much attention. :sad: Sounds like ESPN to me :huh: :huh:

Football and Duckhuntin' go together. And last season there wasn't much to talk about Duckhuntin'-wise, because there weren't any dang ducks around here to talk about :yes:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby WoodieMan85 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:58 am

swampbilly 1980 wrote:Football and Duckhuntin' go together. And last season there wasn't much to talk about Duckhuntin'-wise, because there weren't any dang ducks around here to talk about :yes:

haha very true! I sure hope we have a lot more ducks this year!! :beer:
WoodieMan85
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting