Duck Hunting Forum banner

Let's see those mounts!

13K views 132 replies 41 participants last post by  nickp9797 
#1 ·
I haven't seen a thread in here about this, so how about it. Show off those mounts you guys have of that perfect duck, huge rack or just whatever you had done.

I'll start it off. Shot this Blue Wing Teal in STA-5 WMA (Stormwater Treatment Area) near Palm Beach, FL in January during the 2010-2011 season.

I currently have a drake Widgeon from this past season at the taxidermist right now, hopefully picking him up this weekend.

See less See more
#13 ·
i am waiting to get my scotch double drake widgeons back from frozen in flight...hope to see them in the next month. also waiting to get the 11pt i shot this past season back from piedmont taxidermy. that should be around october/november.

i really hope to put new bird on the wall every season from here on out.

#19 ·
dwbiggs said:
George Hipes of Tailfeathers Taxidermy here in Richmond did this for me.
Luv a Ringer!

Anyone heard good or bad about Rapalee out of Palmyra area? Thinking of taking my bull Can down there.
Oh my lord D, if you misidentify a bird in here you'll be ridiculed for life. Im sorry dude but youre a branded man now

#22 ·
dwbiggs said:
That's a Blue bill man...
:no: :oops: Wow...wasn't paying attention I guess...or at least looked at the bill! :lol3: Well...guess I'm done now...better turn in my waterfowl card....not to mention my membership to the NRHA. :crying:
You'll be ok as long as tangier dont see it, :fingerpt:

#26 ·
And some more... The swan was a pain in the butt! But under close supervision, he turned out allright. We shot the blue and the snow together out here in the marsh(lost). Bird mounts are very interesting and fun to do, the best duck to do for a beginner is a ruddy, you can not tear the hide up(Leather belly), you have to remove all the body fat or it'll bleed thru and make the mount look greasy.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.