Fine pair of Black ducks!!!

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, callncut, Ichabod97

Fine pair of Black ducks!!!

Postby cut_un » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:55 pm

I received my copy of the Va. Wildlife today and it had a nice article and pic of the '06 Va. conservation duck Stamp and story of the stamp and it's artist"Tim Donovan" One of our own ... Rich (Vawfa), was one panel of the judges making the selection :salude:

The stamp will be available July 1, 2006 :thumbsup:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

that stamp is awsome

Postby drbell » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:41 am

i live in virginia on the coast and i hunt black ducks all the time, im glad to finally see someone appreciate the black duck, hard to hunt but fun to shoot, ive got prime marsh and always see about 200-300 a hunt
drbell
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:38 pm

Drbell Enjoy this year with the black ducks , they told at the last DGIF meeting that black ducks are in bad times and that next year black ducks are going to have a 30/1 season :eek: .
Cut I got a copy at the show and that pic. is a good teaching tool to hunters , that drake out front makes the choice to shoot easy .
Delta said it best "Look for the Drakes and look to the future of waterfowling" Voluntary Restraint .

:eek: LD :thumbsup:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

black ducks

Postby drbell » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:21 pm

hey lewdog,
what do you mean by 30/1, i did not comprehend what you meant, the regs. have not come out yet, so i don't know what they will do, i know its closed in october and november and you can only shoot black ducks in december. LEt me know more info if you have it.
drbell
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:28 pm

Look at this , I went to the public comment meeting that was before they can put this into print . While doing the meeting they got to talking about black ducks and they said that the federal recommemenddations was almost 30/1 this year but didn't but was sure that come next year it will be . As it is now we can have the number of days (56) as long as it is done within the 60 days . Next year dgif will have only 30 days to work with so we will loose 26 days .

:thumbsdown: LD :thumbsdown:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting