Anybody thinking about waterfowling????

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, callncut, Ichabod97

Anybody thinking about waterfowling????

Postby cut_un » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:38 am

Have a few more big boxes of deks(new toys) sitting in the garage waiting for rigging . Man, I'm waiting for Sept. A month out now!!!!!!!!!!
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby goosesmacker » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:17 pm

I hear ya. :thumbsup:
goosesmacker
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:45 pm

i got the paint out and the deeks are about ot get a new paint job.. gonna do a good one this year... i been fishing some but im stuck in raleigh for summer school and i am about to go crazy... about time to start checking up on them corn fields to find them big ol honkers... dove fields need ot be cut in a few weeks.. ahh man i love it and cant wait.. maybe try to find a teal or two for that early teal season
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:53 pm

yea, we are about to "get busy" :getdown: And I'm glad :thumbsup:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby pitboss » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:09 pm

even with the heat and humidity... its all i think about!
capt. jeff coats
pitboss
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:44 pm

you know this year i cant say i ever stoped thinking about it. I am pumped up. Booked another hunt today. I might be as big as pitboss one day. LOL
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:37 am

Tripp, you can be "as big " as you want to be! De sky is de limit :toofunny: Just go out there and::::::

Get-er-done!!!!!!!

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

hey CUT

Postby aarongreen123 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:54 pm

CUT! whats up CUT! hope the summer has been treating you well. am i thinking about da ducks? HELL YEAH! can't wait to get out. not sure where i'm gonna go, but i'm going. i'm gonna get the deeks dusted off soon and get them figured out. can't wait for the teal and early geese. hope all is well with you and everyone else. LEWDOG! what do the geese look like up there? any teal buzzin?
cya!
ajg
aarongreen123
hunter

Postby OATBED » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:06 am

Going out this weekend to put the finishing touches on a new blind. Hopefully we will whack a few of the resident geese from the new blind.

Hey Cut
If you find an empty spot one day on your sea ducking adventures I would gladly fill in, and we can see what I can do for getting you a few puddlers to help you fill up your wall.
OATBED
hunter

Postby cut_un » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:00 pm

Well, AG,where have YOU been????? I figured you had taken up knitting or something like that :oops: Glad you are "thinkin bout dem ducks". I hope you can get into some seaducks with us this year. We are really gearing up for "de salt"this year. Call me crazy, but it's my goal to kill me a big old brant this year. I know, I know, everyone one has killed them :eek: but my turn is still coming :thumbsup:
Did you get your boat finished :umm: , if soooo, pics please :mrgreen:
What's going on with your Chessie. I'd still like to be considered for a female when& if!

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby aarongreen123 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:06 pm

CUT! nice to hear...err...read your voice:-) i finished the boat up, its nothing fancy, just a little flat bottomed boat that i can paddle or pole through the shallows, pretty stealthy. i'lll post a couple pics. i can't wait to get into the seaducks this year. we had some good shoots down here on them last year, and i can't wait to go out with you guys.
we planned to have the chessie bred this spring, but we are expecting our first child in march so that may mess things up, but if we breed her you can have pick of the litter if you want. should be great boat dogs, cuz our Sadie is on the smaller side, as is the stud we have picked out. she loves the big water and handles it very well. i'll keep you posted.
any plans for the early birds? i'm still stumped pretty much on the early season, don't have much to hunt as of yet, but i'm gonna find some somewhere.
take care, talk to you soon.
aarongreen123
hunter

Postby cut_un » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:38 pm

AG, I too am getting into the "skinny water" hunting. Goosesmacker and I, as well as Tripp have gotten "layout style boats" so we can get in after them. Smack and I got Otters Stealth 1200s and Tripp got a real layout so it should be an interesting season. we've been buying and rigging diver duck deks and am planning a few trips after the scoters, divers and whatever decides to fly by.
Keep me in mind about the chessie pup and good luck with the 'new member " on de way!
Hope you plan to hang with us some this year and maybe we can hook up and head your way some also!

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby surryduck » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:13 pm

Well it's like I say Waterfowl hunting never ends, you just stop shooting for awhile! If you keep the company I keep :thumbsup: then you never have the chance to slow down! I don't know why but I can't wait for 17 hour layout boat hunts and new years week! Time to get in the swamps and get em ready (beware the congos)! Todd, you get your self right buddy! We're going to show ya some Surry County Swamp Swatting! The Grebe Squad is going to the big water! It's like ZZ Top said "We're bad...We're Nationwide" P.B. You Ready? Bigg Fluffy? Chicken Nugget? RainMan? "Here's to you. Here's to me. 20 brant and 40 grebes" :salude:
- Chairman, Old Dominion Chapter of Delta Waterfowl
- Committee Member & Sponsor
James River Chapter Ducks Unlimited
-Member VAWFA
- Church Decoys Pro-Staff
-Member NRA
-James River Duck Guide Service

-Oak Hills Morgan Fire (Morgan)
surryduck
hunter

Postby goosesmacker » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:03 pm

Todd, you get your self right buddy!

Thanks Surryduck, I am doing what the doctors are telling me. :thumbsup:
goosesmacker
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:29 pm

just got my decoy paints in and im about to start up with that.. hopefully it will take up my time till the season starts.. getting excited!!
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Postby cut_un » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:35 am

Yea, been thinking about "dem ducks" 24/7 myself. I'm really looking forward to get started :eek:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:53 am

oh yea. I cant wait to get at dem birds in surry.

21 more days. I want this more than a island with 15 playboy playmates. :salude: Well..............

I dont think anyone knows the tricks we got planned for this year :hammering:
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:34 pm

If the truth be knowed this last month before the season is the best time of the year . Your mind goes to the subject at a drop of a hat , you get to play on (oh I mean work on) your gear and everywhere you go that you see water you trend to start scouting .
Just remember that First Blood is Aug. 19 CROW SEASON .

:getdown: :thumbsup: LD :laughing: :hammering:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby cut_un » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:54 pm

Don't know if you guys are thinking bout dem ducks, but I'm as busy as a bee. Lot's to do and it's coming on fast....... and I'm pumped! Found a new spot and it's looks some kind of good :getdown: :getdown:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby goosesmacker » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:06 pm

Lot's to do and it's coming on fast....... and I'm pumped! Found a new spot and it's looks some kind of good

Now that's quote I like to hear! :thumbsup:

I bet Ole Cut will be inviting some more to the supper table. :toofunny:
goosesmacker
hunter

Postby cut_un » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:35 am

Ole cut is going to send out an invitation TO "em all" to diner this year :getdown: And yes, I think it should be a "good year" If " mother nature" wants us to have a "good year" :eek:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting