TEAL

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, callncut, fowl mouth

TEAL

Postby aarongreen123 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:44 am

Hey guys, hope the early season prep is coming along smoothly. I was just wondering if anyone has much experience targeting them little teal? I'm hoping I bump into a few during the early goose season around the marshes near the tidal James. Do they use the salt/brackish territory at all?
aarongreen123
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:43 am

AG, do not know alot about "de little birds". I've only killed one and that was in the early season while hunting woodies. I killed it in Charles City in a swamp not too far from the James. :mrgreen:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:58 am

I believe that teal have a place in mind where they want to spend the winter at and it isn't in Va. , so one should see them anywhere in Va. doing the earlly season . You need to find a flyway that birds use to move south more so then a pond in the middle of a woods . They migrant in compact flocks low over marshes while twisting and dodging around trees and bushes . They will decoy to other decoysbut will not mix in with them , so set the decoys to the side of your blind forcing them to land in front of the blind .

:smile: LD :smile:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting