"IN-STATE ROAD TRIP"

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, callncut, Ichabod97

"IN-STATE ROAD TRIP"

Postby cut_un » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:13 am

It's time to start thinking & planning a DHC ROADTRIP. Anyone game?

I for one have a few days set aside for such an adventure and it's my hope to hunt somewhere in-state for a few days. Direction, fresh, salt,tidal or lake. NO MATTER, it's :hammering: time and having fun is the game :thumbsup:
I'm thinking more of a floater hunt as my motto is"have floater,will travel" although, I do have a small one man boat so a float /swamp is cool too :mrgreen:

U-UP?
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby Wingbone » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:46 am

Hey sounds like a good idea. Do you guys do this often? Where are you planning to go. I'd like to get in on it as I really do not know anyone...yet.
How about geese, could you hunt them?
I like the sound of this but I do not know if I can get off :oops:
Wingbone
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:47 am

Hey bone, glad you think so. it does not really matter to me what we do. We made several "seaduck/diver" hunts last season. One of"de boys" on here invited us down for a couple hunts. We had a ball. I guess it was 6 or 7 of us that took him up on the invite. Hunting somewhere different and just seeing new marsh is cool. We have got so many spots around the state that holds a few duck/geese and folks on here that are willing "TO GET TOGETHER". I'd like to do an overnighter, can be camping.... Or day trips are cool too. Ducks or geese...it's all good :cool:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:00 pm

What we need is a river that's running down through a WMA or National forest and do a 3 day float hunt . Take the fleet and do it all would be my bid in this hunt . This is the time of the year to do a hunt like this , we can always do another later in the season .
As we sign up to do this hunt we should all put in our vote of what part of the state to hunt , Eastern or Western ?

I vote for
Western

Wingbone , what do you mean
I like the sound of this but I do not know if I can get off

Yes we could do a goose hunt but it should be done on or near Sept. 1 .

:smile: LD :smile:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting