Old topic ..revisited!

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, Ichabod97, callncut

Old topic ..revisited!

Postby cut_un » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:28 pm

Been a long time since we had the discussion of who started you in the wonderful world of waterfowling. I guess for me it was what my father did before I started hunting. He used to be..."back in the hey day of fowling" president of a big time goose club. I used to play with all his "stuff", deks, calls, I could even ride his big male Chessie...(Rusty) :oops: as I became old enough to tag along with him, he kind of got out of it and started rabbit & bird hunting. I did not get to do much waterfowling at an early age but because of the seed planted , I just had to take it up when I could make my own way. And I haven't looked back. :thumbsup: YOU? :umm:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby SDSheetz » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:32 am

I was furtunate enough to have a step father who introduced me hunting and waterfowling when I was 12. I have never stop dreaming of blasting birds out of the sky ever since.

Now I have opportunity through my foundation to share the joys of the outdoors with at-risk youth. Nothing can be more rewarding then seeing a young man or woman shoot their first bird or catch their first fish.
Capt. Steve Sheetz
Brown Dog Services
SDSheetz
hunter

Postby goosecaller » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:00 am

After years of deer hunting, a friend of mine was a waterfowler and took me out. Ever since I have been chasing birds around. Still love to hunt whitetails, but now I have to split my time between the two.
call 'em in and kill 'em all
goosecaller
hunter

Postby cut_un » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:24 pm

Yes, I guess we"outdoorsmen/women" are really lucky to have had somebody that the time up with us and show us " a way of life", and it does not have to be family, it can be a friend or fellow worker :thumbsup:
Sd, been trying to do something for a while now,( with the youth) maybe you can steer me in that direction...... I'd like to put together a DHC youth hunt. Got a spot in mind but would really love to get them into some big fat res. geese. :eek: Just thinking you may have some kids that need to "get outside" What you think??
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby SDSheetz » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:33 am

I currently do not have anything planned for hunting this September. with that being said it never takes very long to get the kids through a hunter ed. class and get them in the field.
Capt. Steve Sheetz
Brown Dog Services
SDSheetz
hunter

Postby NorthDuck » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:46 am

It has always been a family thing for me. I started waterfowl hunting with my greandfather, father and brothers.

By the way, the Boss and I put a whippin on a mess of Blacknecks this weekend.

NorthDuck :smile:
NorthDuck
hunter

Postby FEATHERBUSTER » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:04 pm

I am fortunate enough to have waterfowl hunted since I could walk. duck and goose hunting was the only kind of hunting my family did. This year will mark my 28th season in a blind. not to bad since I am only 31 :laughing: . The only thing I truly wish is I had was my grandfather in the blind with me again since it was him that taught everything i know about this crazy way of life we as waterfowl hunters know and love :smile:
FEATHERBUSTER
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting