Duck Hunting Forum banner

fishing?

9K views 143 replies 16 participants last post by  Percidae_Papermouth 
#1 ·
anybody havin any luck fishing, the crappie have been active. waiting on some salty water fishing though

#2 ·
Imaduckin',-
Grab your tackle box and gear..hurry,.. before the tide changes!

Look what the daughter caught whilst out "exploring" in the paddle boat-

(Bless her little o' heart, fishin' for Ring-Perch w/minnows)

She was a bit dissapointed to hear that she'd have to let it go as it wasn't 18" and had to explain the "whys" of it all.
THEN I had to whip out my scrap book, (that also includes a couple fishin' tickets,..you know..for an undersized fish and no throwable device :wink: )
It was better explained, and understood this way :yes:

Couldn't have been more proud to hear her to ask, "Hey Dad will you go get me some minnows?".."I want to fish while I'm out in the paddle boat"-

And to think at one point believed I really "needed" a son to carry on family, err, I mean, "Swampbilly" tradition-

Gotta' forgive me-
just a proud Dad right now wiggling around in a little glory :lol3:
:beer:

#3 ·
Thank you for sharing! Nothing wrong with being a proud father. I hope my 7 year old girls does the same. She has two older brothers that are slam eat up with the outdoors. She loves duck hunting and calls swans better than I. She actually cried when I told her Sunday it was just me and her brother going out. Needless to say, she had a good time fishing.

Get your pole out. I went to the HRBT Sunday afternoon on the falling tide and picked up two nice flounder in two hours of looking for them. My ten year old caught the "big" one at 18 inches and I (well lets just say it was a keeper) caught the other one. Berkly Gulp bait. He caught his on the first cast less than two minutes after pulling up to the bridge. I had not even baited my hook yet.

Did anyone of you know the largest flounder registered for a citation last year was caught at the HRBT? It was over 13lbs. Not bad. I have yet to actually land a double digit flounder. Had one on the surface several years ago that would have been 12-14lbs. I could have reached down and grabbed it. My net was hung up on trebble hooks on a rod in the boat. That was in my flounder hole at the MMBT. Landed several citations that day, but lost the big one.

The flounder are here and this weekend should prove to be great fishing if the weather holds. SO GO WET A LINE AND GET SOME FISH.

#5 ·
we've fished (7 y/o daughter & dad) the upper potomac this weekend. Lots of boats out for bass, we were fishing for anything that would bite. Think the storm on Friday muddied up the water so was very slow, 5 sunnies and something else I didn't recognize that was small. Best fish are the ones she reels in on her barbie pole..

#7 ·
swampbilly 1980 said:
imaduckin up north said:
anybody havin any luck fishing, the crappie have been active. waiting on some salty water fishing though
Imaduckin',-
Grab your tackle box and gear..hurry,.. before the tide changes!

Look what the daughter caught whilst out "exploring" in the paddle boat-

(Bless her little o' heart, fishin' for Ring-Perch w/minnows)

She was a bit dissapointed to hear that she'd have to let it go as it wasn't 18" and had to explain the "whys" of it all.
THEN I had to whip out my scrap book, (that also includes a couple fishin' tickets,..you know..for an undersized fish and no throwable device :wink: )
It was better explained, and understood this way :yes:

Couldn't have been more proud to hear her to ask, "Hey Dad will you go get me some minnows?".."I want to fish while I'm out in the paddle boat"-

And to think at one point believed I really "needed" a son to carry on family, err, I mean, "Swampbilly" tradition-

Gotta' forgive me-
just a proud Dad right now wiggling around in a little glory :lol3:
:beer:
Hey swamp, GPS cords, water temp, clarity, time of day, and tide please...... Oh wait... sorry thought i was still on tidalfish :lol3:

Thats a good sign!

#11 ·
when people ask me where i caught them i say right in the cheek! we have fun with the guys at the dock asking when we come back. i told a guy a couple years back when asked that i caught them in west point(mind you i was pulling the jon boat out the water in seaford about 30 miles away) on a pink and purple cocker knocker. He asked me where he could buy them at... i wanted to kick him jewels and say "first ones on me" soooooooo bad...

we make a contest out of who can feed someone the best ramp story.

#12 ·
I like the "caught em up in no name creek." Anyway, here's the lower bay intel I have:
- a few flatties being caught on the seaside
- taylor blues finally het Rudee
- At least one big red caught on the shoals
- should be some flatties and/or blues in Lynnhaven, I may try them this weekend.

#16 ·
Baker said:
I like the "caught em up in no name creek." Anyway, here's the lower bay intel I have:
- a few flatties being caught on the seaside
- taylor blues finally het Rudee
- At least one big red caught on the shoals
- should be some flatties and/or blues in Lynnhaven, I may try them this weekend.
From what I have seen, they are hammering the flounder on the seaside. Sorry, ES guys, but the cat is out of the bag.

#21 ·
With the tourney starting up that way going to be allot of guys fishing.

We had planned a trip for next week if the weather can clear enough to get out in the yaks...going up sometime Tue-Thur

Buddy got into a awesome bite on some slot reds yesterday...not exactly sure where though, still dont have all the intel.

#26 ·
lbhansford said:
Have Gun Will Travel said:
I figured the reds weren't far. Dogwoods are blooming. I'll post pics soon. :devil:
have gun lets get up and do some fishing this saturday... im free if you are... starting to thump those jumbo croakers with them dots on dem tails.
I finally dont have to work all weekend and now the wind is going to blow. Looks like its time to paint up some of the carvings on the bench.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.