fishing?

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, callncut, Ichabod97

Re: fishing?

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:30 am

Have Gun Will Travel wrote:Plenty of fishing reports coming from your side. Just put your ear to the hole in the wall. You'll hear them. :lol3: Besides you guys have open invites on my boat. Stop belly aching and lets go feeshin.

Here is the first trout of the year back in April. When you're good you're good, what can I say.... :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

You da' man! :thumbsup:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby lbhansford » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:13 am

ive got a few fridays off in August, coming over your way for the elusive tarpon... I will definitely it you up for some catching on that magic vessel of yours while i am there.

swamp, whats your schedule like? maybe you could come along too... but if you ask to borrow one of my poles gonna have to give you the polite..... nno!: :lol3:
lbhansford
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:52 pm

lbhansford wrote:ive got a few fridays off in August, coming over your way for the elusive tarpon... I will definitely it you up for some catching on that magic vessel of yours while i am there.

swamp, whats your schedule like? maybe you could come along too... but if you ask to borrow one of my poles gonna have to give you the polite..... nno!: :lol3:

........ :lol:
What if I bring-

Some of these? :lol3:

Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby crumbe » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:21 am

The hunt for the elusive flat fish continues....HRBT was a bust yesterday...so many croaker even if there were flounder there they didnt stand a chance!!
crumbe
hunter

Postby crumbe » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:23 am

Have Gun Will Travel wrote:Plenty of fishing reports coming from your side. Just put your ear to the hole in the wall. You'll hear them. :lol3: Besides you guys have open invites on my boat. Stop belly aching and lets go feeshin.

Here is the first trout of the year back in April. When you're good you're good, what can I say.... :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Nice trout....
crumbe
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:59 am

crumbe,

you didnt hear it from me but someone may or may not have caught a 2 man limit of keepers yesterday between the highrise and fourth island live baiting around the pilings. they also had a 20 in grey trout and one cobia 49 inches.....Good luck!
lbhansford
hunter

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:10 am

lbhansford wrote:ive got a few fridays off in August, coming over your way for the elusive tarpon... I will definitely it you up for some catching on that magic vessel of yours while i am there.

Is this DHC or tidalfish? :lol3: VA tarpon are a myth.
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:56 am

Have Gun Will Travel wrote:

Is this DHC or tidalfish? :lol3: VA tarpon are a myth.

sorry meant Wahoo.
lbhansford
hunter

Postby crumbe » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:13 am

lbhansford wrote:crumbe,

you didnt hear it from me but someone may or may not have caught a 2 man limit of keepers yesterday between the highrise and fourth island live baiting around the pilings. they also had a 20 in grey trout and one cobia 49 inches.....Good luck!

that is good news!!! :thumbsup: if that maybe might have happened... :yes:
crumbe
hunter

Postby dirtejp » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:19 am

"lbhansford wrote:

crumbe wrote:Congrats on the Spades....

We had a good day on the ES fishing for flounder last weekend.....two man limit....fishing on this side is still a little slow for us. I am sure the fishing will start picking up though!!

yeah the flounder fishing is NOT off to a good start for the bay... I have been waiting for better numbers to show up before i even get out there and burn the precious time i have. lost some hours trying for trout though, will tell ya that...

Thats your problem, you're trying and not catching."

-- Awesome trout HGWT..... did you catch that on Tuesday after those nasty storms rolled through on Monday and muddied the waters?
Ryan
M-F : Architect
S-S : Anything Outdoors
Full-Time Husband and Dad
dirtejp
hunter

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:46 pm

Notice my sweatshirt....I never post pics that arent more than a month old. :lol3: I like fishing without mobs of boats.
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby vahunter2469 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:59 pm

Have Gun Will Travel wrote:Notice my sweatshirt....I never post pics that arent more than a month old. :lol3: I like fishing without mobs of boats.

Great technique....ill mark it on my calender :D
vahunter2469
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:08 am

cobes showed up this saturday. Saw eight, two of which were about 3 ft in front of the boat when i spotted them.. oh well. Had a couple turn on an eel or bucktail but not interested in eating it, did get to take the bait. Officially hooked on tower fishing. Its like sight casting at REALLLLLY big largemouth bass. first one of the year was a 36inch throw back, which i could have stretched to 37 but being me, i gave it the pitch over the side.heres to hoping i see him again in a couple years.
Attachments
firstcobe2013.jpg
lbhansford
hunter

Postby Percidae_Papermouth » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:30 am

Father's Day fishing
Attachments
image.jpg
Percidae_Papermouth
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:19 am

nicelooking ring perch on that stringer.
lbhansford
hunter

Postby crumbe » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:48 am

Awesome guys....

I didnt make it out at all this past weekend....

Dryer broke friday night...had baseball game then home to fix the dryer. Sunday was to windy for me..so I spent fathers day with the family.
crumbe
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:08 am

The bass fishing has been good in NC. It has been steady with the summer bite starting to pick up. Hopefully going to go to Philpott soon :grooving: :grooving:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby Baker » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:31 pm

Seems to be plenty of puppy drum in Lynnhaven if anyone's interested, caught a dozen Sat afternoon, between 17 and 19 inches.
Baker
hunter

Postby tuppyus » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:24 pm

Caught in NY, didn't have time to fish VA lately.. Friday with my daughter and my father.. Saturday just dad and I. Not a bad father's day weekend..
Attachments
0615130655.jpg
Coho Salmon on Lake Ontario
IMG-20130614-00005.jpg
Smiling away
tuppyus
hunter

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:00 am

vahunter2469 wrote:
Have Gun Will Travel wrote:Notice my sweatshirt....I never post pics that arent more than a month old. :lol3: I like fishing without mobs of boats.

You have a lot to learn grasshopper. If you think that month "date" is even close you're way off...... :lol3: Specks are almost year round if you know how, when and where to catch them.

Nice work on the cobes LB. Im hoping to get a day here soon to buoy hop and try for a few spades. I'll let you know when I venture to the lower bay.
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:30 am

Thanks Have gun, dont worry im taking VAhunter under my wing to convert him to saltwater... id wait a few weeks on the bouy hopping. I tried every bouy along the baltimore channel york river channel and didnt have a single bite. All the fish we saw were off latimer about 1/2 mile and swimming along a tide line. buddy of mine spotted an 8 foot bull shark about 1/2 mile from the tiki bar at kiptopeke and got it to woof a bucktail. got it all thew way to the side of the boat but his friend wouldnt come out of the tower to help him laso the tail so he broke off.. Dont think ill be wading in for a drink anytime soon....
lbhansford
hunter

Postby vahunter2469 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:08 am

Have Gun Will Travel wrote:
vahunter2469 wrote:

You have a lot to learn grasshopper. If you think that month "date" is even close you're way off...... :lol3: Specks are almost year round if you know how, when and where to catch them.

Haha I grew up bass fishing and love tackle fishing. Hanging out with LB the past few years he has taught me a good bit about duckin and saltwater fishing. He's, simply put, a great guy but this year I'm starting to think he is only inviting me on days their not bitin'. Haha if only this leash had a longer lead....
vahunter2469
hunter

Postby vahunter2469 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:14 am

Only speck I hooked this year was 21". My wife had never caught a "decent" fish before so I let her reel it in about halfway to the boat
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371575606.181609.jpg
vahunter2469
hunter

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:54 am

I must have the same ju ju on my boat. By myself, I can catch fish but if I take someone Im the net and bait boy and typically couldnt buy a fish that day.
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby vahunter2469 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:44 pm

Agreed! Hey I've got an idea...you can take me fishing.... :D
vahunter2469
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting