fishing?

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, callncut, Ichabod97

Re: fishing?

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Fri May 03, 2013 6:22 am

lbhansford wrote:
Have Gun Will Travel wrote:I figured the reds weren't far. Dogwoods are blooming. I'll post pics soon. :devil:

have gun lets get up and do some fishing this saturday... im free if you are... starting to thump those jumbo croakers with them dots on dem tails.

I finally dont have to work all weekend and now the wind is going to blow. Looks like its time to paint up some of the carvings on the bench.
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Fri May 03, 2013 6:31 am

Ill be heading to hampton creek around o'dark thirty and try for some sheltered water trout in that jon boat that "im never going to get to use now that i got a lil one".... :lol3:
lbhansford
hunter

Postby gooosehunter » Fri May 03, 2013 6:44 am

Just like I said last week...winds are gonna blow every damn weekend. Gusting 25 to 30 all weekend from the northeast.
Cheers
Dave
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Fri May 03, 2013 6:53 am

i know right... never fails does it goose?
lbhansford
hunter

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Fri May 03, 2013 1:26 pm

lbhansford wrote:in that jon boat that "im never going to get to use now that i got a lil one".... :lol3:

No one said you'd never get to use it. You'll get out some....but you'll pay dearly shortly after. :fingerhead: :lol3: :lol3:
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Mon May 06, 2013 9:40 am

got out Saturday morning. It was blowing a gale so bay was a no go. Ended up luanching the jon boat on hampton creek. Fished for a few hours, caught one gray trout and 2 puppy drum. One of the drum had a reward tag attached so reported that. Should be getting a shirt or hat in the mail sometime in the next few weeks.
lbhansford
hunter

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Mon May 06, 2013 10:16 am

Really crappy hat and a piece of paper saying thanks.
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Mon May 06, 2013 11:22 am

agreed but the intel of where the fish was tagged and migration patterns... all that stuff is worth calling it in to me. helps learn the species.
lbhansford
hunter

Postby tuppyus » Thu May 09, 2013 7:00 pm

Fished the Potomac again last Sunday of April before rain came along with my 7yr old. Two catfish, one by me and one on the Barbie pole again for my daughter. Good size fish, but was sure the Barbie was going in or was going to break from smacking against the boat as she was hollering to get the net. I was laughing so hard from her excitement that it made the slow day worth it.

Water really stained and still a bit chilly. Found the fish on the finder but couldn't get many bites..
tuppyus
hunter

Postby deadplumptrout » Fri May 10, 2013 7:55 am

Caught 9 large on the Potomac last weekend. Going tomorrow hope there still as active.
deadplumptrout
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Fri May 10, 2013 9:38 am

lbhansford wrote:Ill be heading to hampton creek around o'dark thirty and try for some sheltered water trout in that jon boat that "im never going to get to use now that i got a lil one".... :lol3:

:lol3: :clapping:
She's just progressively going to tight the screws up, that's what you're seeing- ..just enough to give you a false sense of security :wink:
Don't worry, those kitchen passes will be far and few betweeen before it's over with :yes: :hi:

(Havin' fun with the new Dad)
Regards-
:beer:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby lbhansford » Fri May 10, 2013 11:19 am

Swampbilly i did the right thing and found one that LOVES fishing... not just tolerates it until she can rein me in... if she knew how to drive a boat id probably be out of the picture by now but hey somebody has to hold the camera right :lol3:
ashsmallie.jpg

ashrock.jpg

went yesterday afternoon and a short mission and caught my first flounder of the year. Gonna try my luck around the mouth of the ware river and up to north river tomorrow unless the forecast changes and i can make that run across the bay for the big reds and blacks..... PM me if you have any intel....
lbhansford
hunter

Postby imaduckin up north » Fri May 10, 2013 1:03 pm

all i can say is Damn
,IS IT DUCK SEASON YET
THERE AINT NO DUCKS IN VA, dicks sporting goods told me so
you can educate ignorance
you can medicate crazy
but you cant fix stupid
imaduckin up north
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Fri May 10, 2013 1:14 pm

:lol:

and she can cook her *** off and lets me hunt damn near all the time... don't hate swamp, don't hate :beer:
lbhansford
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Fri May 10, 2013 6:03 pm

lbhansford wrote::lol:

and she can cook her *** off and lets me hunt damn near all the time... don't hate swamp, don't hate :beer:

Hats off to ya' lb :clapping: :bow:
Looks to me you've got a keeper.

Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby tuppyus » Fri May 10, 2013 7:47 pm

deadplumptrout wrote:Caught 9 large on the Potomac last weekend. Going tomorrow hope there still as active.

Good stuff.. Not sure she's ready for anything more complicated. Removing the bobber was a good step this year. How you feeling about the rain? Looked like the upper was really high today..
tuppyus
hunter

Postby deadplumptrout » Sun May 12, 2013 6:17 pm

Decided to go out on the potomac this morning instead of yesterday, water was high and extremely murky. Managed a few largemouth despite the high winds. I have been trying to locate some areas for snakeheads are there hotspots or are these fish just dispersed through out.
deadplumptrout
hunter

Postby Percidae_Papermouth » Mon May 13, 2013 12:19 pm

Gotta love roadrunners. Been an cold spring, males in their tux and females full of roe but not in their usual 3-5 fow.... 7-9 fow spawning, first time I've seen em that deep and spawning so late.
Attachments
image.jpg
Percidae_Papermouth
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Tue May 14, 2013 7:39 am

i caught a big ole skunk for our fishing on saturday.. too rough to run across the bay so fished from mouth of severn river to the mouth of the north.. covered close to 9 miles of grassbeds in 2 to 9 ft of water with minnows on floats, peeler on a float, one each bouncing along on the bottom and cast gulps the whole time... NADA ZIP ZILCH!
lbhansford
hunter

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Tue May 14, 2013 8:07 am

The fishing has slacked up a bit since the moon changed but the wind hasn't helped matters either.
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby crumbe » Wed May 15, 2013 7:44 am

Heading to Rudee today....should be a good day for catching!!
crumbe
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Wed May 15, 2013 8:01 am

Percidae_Papermouth wrote:Gotta love roadrunners. Been an cold spring, males in their tux and females full of roe but not in their usual 3-5 fow.... 7-9 fow spawning, first time I've seen em that deep and spawning so late.

My 'gawd that's some good eatin'!
Know I could eat a bushel basket of those.
(Lucky dawg you) :thumbsup:
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Percidae_Papermouth » Wed May 15, 2013 8:09 pm

Plenty of em here in Isle of Wight... Wood ducks as well, only problem is I'm a heck of a lot better angler than duck hunter! Hahah to be honest just watching them fly past the blind is worth it for me, getting one for the table just makes it that much better, but when it comes to fishing, I despise a skunking.... I started making my own soft plastics two years ago, I add shad scent (fish emulsion) in with the plastisol before adding my color... They can't stand it!

As far as the fish goes, you can't do wrong with crappie I like mine fried with franks hot sauce and house Autry, or baked with townhouse crackers and Parmesan cheese or baked with old bay butter and a hint of lemon

Hey swamp billy your welcome to join me one weekend...
Percidae_Papermouth
hunter

Postby crumbe » Wed May 15, 2013 9:51 pm

Best eating fresh water fish there is......if you ask me!!
crumbe
hunter

Postby crumbe » Wed May 15, 2013 9:54 pm

Got this

Then right after....this happened....BIG Blue fish

crumbe
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting