fishing?

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, Ichabod97, callncut

Re: fishing?

Postby crumbe » Mon May 27, 2013 8:33 pm

lbhansford wrote:thanks Crumbe, Finally getting the big boat out Monday morning. going to run over to ES from Poquoson Earllllllly like 4 am ish and try for nailer drum and striper. maybe ill see you out there... where you in tidewater?

Do any good?? I know there were several caught today!!

We did ok on flounder...water was dirty...once we found some clean water we found some fish though.
crumbe
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Tue May 28, 2013 8:05 am

sharks and rays... Did see one cobia on top from the tower but was not interested in anything with a hook in it. Stayed close by and got the girlfriend out yesterday. 5 flounder, 5 stripers, and a couple croaks.
lbhansford
hunter

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Tue May 28, 2013 9:54 am

Im suprised you're seeing cobia already. Its the right time of year but the water up my way is still 67.
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby crumbe » Tue May 28, 2013 10:42 am

Pretty sure Buckroe has already put some on the deck....
crumbe
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Tue May 28, 2013 12:30 pm

only saw one in 3 hours but Jorg Head caught one sight fishing Sunday. check TF if you want to see the picture. Yeah suprised myself, was guessing it would be at least another week or so.
lbhansford
hunter

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Tue May 28, 2013 8:54 pm

Screw TF...tidal fish
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Wed May 29, 2013 7:37 am

this warm week is going to have fish piling in the bay!
lbhansford
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:04 am

spadefish finally showed up. ran out of rudee to a wreck someone sared with me a few years back. Had a couple hundred come up from the wreck and circle the boat. Caught about 40 or 50 in 4 hours with a 16 fish/ 4 man limit of decent fish. Summer is here! looked for cobia from BAck Bay beach all the way to Rudee inlet. NAda...zlich... NOT one cobe byrant....
lbhansford
hunter

Postby crumbe » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:32 am

Congrats on the Spades....

We had a good day on the ES fishing for flounder last weekend.....two man limit....fishing on this side is still a little slow for us. I am sure the fishing will start picking up though!!
crumbe
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:49 am

lbhansford wrote:spadefish finally showed up. ran out of rudee to a wreck someone sared with me a few years back. Had a couple hundred come up from the wreck and circle the boat. Caught about 40 or 50 in 4 hours with a 16 fish/ 4 man limit of decent fish. Summer is here! looked for cobia from BAck Bay beach all the way to Rudee inlet. NAda...zlich... NOT one cobe byrant....

Enjoy it while ya' can!
I just know, that sooner or later the she's gonna' put the clamp on ya' :hi: :wink:
:devil:

Here's a fishin' report from someone who never has to worry about it :yes:
Sat. morning 5:15 a.m. 'till 1:30p.m.
20 no. #1 Spot
5 Puppy Drum only 3 keepers
2 keeper Rock
3 Stiffback
1 stupid Bowfin
7 Catfish, 1= 14lbs.
5 stupid Croaker
1 stupid Garfish :rolleyes:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby lbhansford » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:45 pm

swampbilly 1980 wrote:I just know, that sooner or later the she's gonna' put the clamp on ya' :hi: :wink:

20 no. #1 Spot
2 keeper Rock
3 Stiffback
1 stupid Bowfin
7 Catfish, 1= 14lbs.
5 stupid Croaker

All those stupid fish come from the same stupid river? if so i think i can guess where you are fishing... does it ryhme with braggin fun?

Thats a pretty good day of casting Swamp! i like the variety.

You keep on "knowing" and i'll keep on fishing and we'll revisit that prediction on when the bear trap snaps :beer: she does get pretty jealous when we come back with a cooler o fish though not gonna lie. as long as i make time to get her out with me once in a while, we are good. Im telling ya , the girl is ate up with fishing....
lbhansford
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:48 pm

crumbe wrote:Congrats on the Spades....

We had a good day on the ES fishing for flounder last weekend.....two man limit....fishing on this side is still a little slow for us. I am sure the fishing will start picking up though!!

yeah the flounder fishing is NOT off to a good start for the bay... I have been waiting for better numbers to show up before i even get out there and burn the precious time i have. lost some hours trying for trout though, will tell ya that...
lbhansford
hunter

Postby vahunter2469 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:31 am

lbhansford wrote:spadefish finally showed up. ran out of rudee to a wreck someone sared with me a few years back. Had a couple hundred come up from the wreck and circle the boat. Caught about 40 or 50 in 4 hours with a 16 fish/ 4 man limit of decent fish. Summer is here! looked for cobia from BAck Bay beach all the way to Rudee inlet. NAda...zlich... NOT one cobe byrant....

I wanna get on da spades! :( ...with a cobe or 10
vahunter2469
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:55 am

lbhansford wrote:
swampbilly 1980 wrote:I just know, that sooner or later the she's gonna' put the clamp on ya' :hi: :wink:

20 no. #1 Spot
2 keeper Rock
3 Stiffback
1 stupid Bowfin
7 Catfish, 1= 14lbs.
5 stupid Croaker

All those stupid fish come from the same stupid river? if so i think i can guess where you are fishing... does it ryhme with braggin fun?

Thats a pretty good day of casting Swamp! i like the variety.

You keep on "knowing" and i'll keep on fishing and we'll revisit that prediction on when the bear trap snaps :beer: she does get pretty jealous when we come back with a cooler o fish though not gonna lie. as long as i make time to get her out with me once in a while, we are good. Im telling ya , the girl is ate up with fishing....

That's right IB- same stupid river :lol3:
Never dreamed to have so much variety, you get the best of both worlds :thumbsup:
:beer:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:11 am

lbhansford wrote:

yeah the flounder fishing is NOT off to a good start for the bay... I have been waiting for better numbers to show up before i even get out there and burn the precious time i have. lost some hours trying for trout though, will tell ya that...

Thats your problem, you're trying and not catching.
Attachments
speck.JPG
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:11 am

Have Gun Will Travel wrote:
lbhansford wrote:

Thats your problem, you're trying and not catching.

<Big sigh>
Sheesh-
I post up what I thot was a great fishin' trip, and YOU post up a pic of one fish and destroy it :yes:

NICE Speck!,.. you fishin' trip "destroyer" you,..- feel like taking every rod I've got and tossing 'em overboard now :hi:
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby gooosehunter » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:38 am

And to think, he lost the much larger speck on that trip. We use speck like that for bait. Only kidding. That is a great trout!!!
Cheers
Dave
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:52 am

gooosehunter wrote:And to think, he lost the much larger speck on that trip.

Yeah right! :crying:

He's really starting to get on my nerves now.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:31 am

If it makes you feel better I lost another one like the one I described that day on Sunday morning. On top of that I landed ONE speck @20" and lost 9 others. Some of them were very nice fish. Its a good thing no one else was around to hear my frustrations. :lol3: However the one trout and the dozen softshells I gathered up made for a great lunch. :yes:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:10 am

Have Gun Will Travel wrote:If it makes you feel better I lost another one like the one I described that day on Sunday morning. On top of that I landed ONE speck @20" and lost 9 others. Some of them were very nice fish. Its a good thing no one else was around to hear my frustrations. :lol3:

Oh yeah, that makes me feel better, but sorry you lost 9 feesh. :crying:
Glad you re-affirmed that you're still a "humanoid" :lol3:

And I'm a lot "less" human than you-
Last week set a baited rod down after casting it to bait up another, when something struck it. (a Russian submarine?), and pulled the rig overboard-gone :eek:

A nice Pflueger Summit, and a Lighting Rod gone .

Kinda' like helplessly watching the end of an anchor rope disappear after you've dropped the anchor because it wasn't tied off.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby imaduckin up north » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:01 pm

and youve been fishing how long swampy, that just isnt done. you put a foot on it or the outboard or tie it to leg :lol:
,IS IT DUCK SEASON YET
THERE AINT NO DUCKS IN VA, ***** sporting goods told me so
you can educate ignorance
you can medicate crazy
but you cant fix stupid
imaduckin up north
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:22 pm

Can i get a moment of slience for Swampy's lightning rod..... :violin: ...... :lol3:

looks like all the trout headed to the eastern shore this year.. dont blame'em... fished all the usual good spots for trout for but nothing at all to show... really weird.

its all good though the brown boys are finally making their presence so ill be posting some nice pics up here before too long.

We need to have a DHC fishoff one day with all the guys just for fun....
lbhansford
hunter

Postby crumbe » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:16 pm

lbhansford wrote:Can i get a moment of slience for Swampy's lightning rod..... :violin: ...... :lol3:

looks like all the trout headed to the eastern shore this year.. dont blame'em... fished all the usual good spots for trout for but nothing at all to show... really weird.

its all good though the brown boys are finally making their presence so ill be posting some nice pics up here before too long.

We need to have a DHC fishoff one day with all the guys just for fun....

Good luck with Charlie Brown....never caught one..maybe some day!!
crumbe
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:19 pm

lbhansford wrote:Can i get a moment of slience for Swampy's lightning rod..... :violin: ...... :lol3:

...Paybacks' a real 'itch ain't it? :yes: .............. :lol:

+1.
Normally, (but then, what's normal anymore? :lol3: ), we start picking up some Specks around mid May, but so far nothing to speak about. :sad:
(It's because Have-Guns' not giving 'em a change to get to the Western side of the Bay).
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:55 am

Plenty of fishing reports coming from your side. Just put your ear to the hole in the wall. You'll hear them. :lol3: Besides you guys have open invites on my boat. Stop belly aching and lets go feeshin.

Here is the first trout of the year back in April. When you're good you're good, what can I say.... :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Attachments
first speck.JPG
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting