Bumper Crop!

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, callncut, fowl mouth

Bumper Crop!

Postby Islander Gunner » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:00 am

I've seen corn tasssled out, eight ft high with full ears allready. Should be a bumper crop for farmers this year! Plus every farmer in Va. planted corn and lots of it.
We're not down here in the blind playing baby house!
Islander Gunner

Re: Bumper Crop!

Postby NOVAggie » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:13 am

I would expect similar (unless drought conditions have prevented it) in the PPR. Not good for duck production.

When I was in MN a few years ago I saw a lot of CRP land being converted back to corn due to ethanol demand on corn. From what I hear, that demand hasnt let up.

imaduckin up north wrote:Lew starts twitchin when aggie walks in the room

Postby LEWDOG » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:53 pm

If anyone wants to find a bean field your look is over for I own a field that must be written in the big book as a bean field for I have never seen anything else in the dang thing other than weeds and I'm 56 years old .

:yes: LD :smile:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999

Postby Northern Neck, VA » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:37 am

Our corn is looking beautiful and the beans are too!! You can almost watch it grow. You just watch, something will go wrong.

Northern Neck, VA

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting