Looking for early teal!

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, callncut, fowl mouth

Looking for early teal!

Postby Capemaycarver609 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:36 pm

Hello Virginians,

I'm a young guys from jersey dying to go do some early teal season, I really wanna see blue wings but greenies are fine too, can anyone refer me to a good guide service or maybe just take me and my father along for some gas money or maybe some decoys (I'm a carver).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
you want good looking decoys, most of the dumb ducks are dead
Capemaycarver609
hunter

Re: Looking for early teal!

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:28 am

You guys dont get teal in NJ?
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby Capemaycarver609 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:11 am

We get green wings we just don't have them too heavy and we are not blessed with an early teal season!
you want good looking decoys, most of the dumb ducks are dead
Capemaycarver609
hunter

Postby Undrcoverrednek » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:21 pm

Peruse this for the average harvest info: http://www.fws.gov/migratorybirds/NewRe ... tabook.pdf

Looks like the early teal winners in the HAF are DE and MD. VA is certainly not near the top (whoda thunk it?).

ETA: It looks like the only birds we lead the harvest in is the bufflehead and red breasted merganser. I would have thought hooded mergansers as well, but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
swampbilly 1980 wrote:I'm a poor man, but I'd pay good money to taste some of that juicy white meat...
Undrcoverrednek
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:10 pm

Come down to Carolina...some good spots for Teal around here. Heck, you can kill them here in the central part of the state but the bad thing is we don't have an early season west of US 17 :mad: :mad:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby skydog » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:51 pm

mayhem96 wrote:Come down to Carolina...some good spots for Teal around here. Heck, you can kill them here in the central part of the state but the bad thing is we don't have an early season west of US 17 :mad: :mad:

Yall gotta get that changed soon. My hole in Northampton county was loaded with them in September last year, but there wasn't much I could do about it :no: :mad:
skydog
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:00 pm

Hear ya man. I have some buds that hunt in NH county and they say it has some ducks :yes: :yes:

Yes, we don't have an early teal season...BUT, with the past two years being so warm, the Teal stick around for awhile and we are able to blast them during the regular season :grooving: :grooving:
mayhem96
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting