New to Forum and VA

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, callncut, fowl mouth

New to Forum and VA

Postby Kamo » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:15 pm

Hi All,

I'm new to the area and looking for a spot to take my boy duck hunting. Unfortunately, my initial research has turned up a lot of rules and no places to sit in a shore blind with a 7 year old. I would greatly appreciate any info on spots to explore. Thanks in advance....
Kamo
Newb

Postby goosesmacker » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:22 pm

:welcome: aboard!

We have some good folks on here that like to chat about duck & geese. :thumbsup:

Goosesmacker - www.VAWFA.org - are you a member
goosesmacker
hunter

Postby cut_un » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:43 pm

Great to have you on the site, welcome aboard. We do have lots of regs here and sometimes it makes you scratch your head.... Hope it does not set you back too much :oops:

We will be having all kinds of hunts off and on as the season gets into full swing and you and you boy are welcome to join in. As you may or may not know, Oct.21 is youth wayterfowl hunting day so something just may be in the works for you and your son to join in..... at any rate, hang in and we will 'get-er-done" hang around and 'talk duck" with us, as Goosesmacker stated, we do have some great guys on here sooooo join in :umm:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Welcome to the site

Postby LEWDOG » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:05 pm

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting/wma/index.html Here is a link to the WMA's of the state . Things will soon get going and I'm sure invites will come your way . What part of the state are you in ? Do you have a boat ?

:welcome: LD :welcome:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:45 pm

:welcome:
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting