Blinds ready to go????

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, callncut, fowl mouth

Blinds ready to go????

Postby cut_un » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:13 pm

Just wondering how ya'll blinds have fared with all this wind/rain & higher tides. I hear rumor several folks have lost several blinds and it's getting down to crunch time. Hope you guys are just about ready to do some brushing and then set back and watch for the birds. :hammering:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:36 pm

blinds, what blinds. i lost everything. to top thst off, i hand a broken hand. :pissed:
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby goosesmacker » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:06 am

So far, I have been lucky. Three of my blinds have survived.

blinds, what blinds. i lost everything. to top thst off, i hand a broken hand.

Tripp, I am sorry to hear of your lost. Give me a call, I have got a idea. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Goosesmacker
- www.VAWFA.org - are you a member
goosesmacker
hunter

Postby OATBED » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:40 am

I lost 2 blinds and had 4 survive. I consider myself lucky.
OATBED
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:30 am

I love it , rebuilding blinds that is . I put them up and the wind waves tide and flooding rains take them down , but I have learned a good lesson over the years . That's to build them to never come apart and tie it to a anchor that is below the earth .
I had only one blind to make it through everything we have had for the last 7 years :thumbsup: . This blind is one that I found wash up into a marsh 75 feet from water , it was a well made blind so I cut the legs off of it and use a come-a-long & anchor to get it to my boat . I took it to a good location and put a trailer tie down into the sand/mud and tied the blind to it . Each storm would float the blind but not one has moved it from the spot . Now I am going to do the same thing with three blinds that the flood waters has taken to non-huntable places and I have two that must be rebuilt , you can bet they too will get a anchor .

:smile: LD :smile:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby cut_un » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:18 pm

LEWDOG wrote:I love it , rebuilding blinds that is . I put them up and the wind waves tide and flooding rains take them down , but I have learned a good lesson over the years . That's to build them to never come apart and tie it to a anchor that is below the earth .
I had only one blind to make it through everything we have had for the last 7 years :thumbsup: . This blind is one that I found wash up into a marsh 75 feet from water , it was a well made blind so I cut the legs off of it and use a come-a-long & anchor to get it to my boat . I took it to a good location and put a trailer tie down into the sand/mud and tied the blind to it . Each storm would float the blind but not one has moved it from the spot . Now I am going to do the same thing with three blinds that the flood waters has taken to non-huntable places and I have two that must be rebuilt , you can bet they too will get a anchor .

:smile: LD :smile:

Yea, LD, sounds like one of the blinds I lost 7 years ago. I always wondered just what had happened to it. Glad you are getting use out of it :toofunny: :toofunny:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:38 pm

Hey what the heck ... the price was right ... about 10 hours from cutting legs to the last peice of cover .

:toofunny: LD :toofunny:
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby cut_un » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:22 pm

LD, we are starting to get some weather, just wondering if you are starting to see any of "those" ducks do you way?????? You know the ones I'm talking about :eek: :eek:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:25 pm

No I nor my friends have seen any yet , but none of us have been out to the middle looking . That will change come saturday , I plan to be at Wolf Trap light at sunrise . I really want to know what if anything uses the open water of the bay as a flyway . Scouting is a big part of waterfowl hunting , it doesn't matter what kind of fowl or what type of habitat , you don't know until you go and look .
You can bet that I will wake the world if I see any wave hopping scoters

:thumbsup: LD :thumbsup:
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby cut_un » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:42 am

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting