Chincoteague Area?

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, callncut, Ichabod97, fowl mouth

Chincoteague Area?

Postby gone winchester » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:29 am

Is this area a good place to hunt for the money? Im thinking about taking a guided hunt there and shoot sea ducks and snow geese for the first time. Wondering if any of you have ventured up there in that area before

Thanks guys
"Please be 18"-Ricky Bobby
gone winchester
Banned

Postby LEWDOG » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:58 am

The area can't be beat but one must watch out what guide they use , have you found one yet ? This might help you http://www.chincoteaguechamber.com/

Good Luck & Good Hunting
:smile: LD :smile:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby chspk dux » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:15 am

Check Andy Linton or Grayson Chesser.....
chspk dux
hunter

Postby cut_un » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:43 pm

The area is great, been going there for years and like most waterfowl hunting, the weather plays a big roll in the day. As stated, both guide are as good as they come. I've used them and I would highly recomend them both. Trouble is they by this time they both may be fully booked. Don't know when you are planing on but I'd call them both anyway as they just may have an open date. Also..... they all provide pretty much the same service and I'll tell you in advance, just so you will know, they provide the "tender" to and from the blind, the deks and the blind. The rest is up to you. Most will check on you either by radio or as Andy does, sit out in his boat in the area and help you watch for ducks. I like that style as you do the calling, not the guide. I tell you this because, it's the style most all the guides in that area have agreed on so it's as much location of the blinds that will put you in "the right spot" as anything.
All I can say is good luck and stop by and give us a report!
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting