Back at it restoring decoys...

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, callncut, fowl mouth

Back at it restoring decoys...

Postby Bullfrog26692 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:52 pm

These Herters were ate up by squirrels and boat props, so it was time to bring them back to life! They were restle coated which is at least a 2 man job. Goosehunter came over and we knocked a bunch out. The voids or I should say giant holes were filled using Bondo and sanded smooth. Had to butter them up and sand three times to get them looking right again. After that they were rubbed down with a coat of waterproof wood glue and coated in saw dust. That is as far as we have gotten. Next steps will be a quick light sanding and another coat of saw dust, seal with a primer, and then paint. All of these will be Canadas when we are finished. We will keep you guys posted with the final results. The last picture of the teal were finished up today, turned them all into hen GWT.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
gooosehunter wrote:I dont always shoot ducks, but when I do, it's dos duckies.
Bullfrog26692
hunter

Re: Back at it restoring decoys...

Postby Bullfrog26692 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:53 pm

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
gooosehunter wrote:I dont always shoot ducks, but when I do, it's dos duckies.
Bullfrog26692
hunter

Re: Back at it restoring decoys...

Postby Percidae_Papermouth » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:54 am

Bullfrog those look good! I am thinking of restoring some old herters foamer geese just like those and some foamer black ducks as well... Let us know how that bondo holds
Percidae_Papermouth
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting