Foiles forgiven and waterfowl biologists are bad

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, Ichabod97, callncut

Foiles forgiven and waterfowl biologists are bad

Postby NOVAggie » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:03 am

I SUPPORT SUNDAY HUNTING IN VIRGINIA!!

imaduckin up north wrote:Lew starts twitchin when aggie walks in the room
NOVAggie
hunter

Re: Foiles forgiven and waterfowl biologists are bad

Postby top o va » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:47 am

That was an interesting angle to take on Foiles and every other person who makes their living in some way related to waterfowl. I honestly didn't see that coming. Did his PR guy write this article?

Legitimate question though- If Foiles never did get convicted of his misdeeds or even since he did do you think he would need to "give back"? Does his business do enough as he explains or should he do more? If so then what? Monetary donations, setting land aside for conservation, cleaning up public waterways?
top o va
hunter

Postby Mudgun » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:25 pm

I've never met him but he seems like a nice guy.
NOW WITH MORE 100% MORE VITRIOLIC SARCASM!!!
Mudgun
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:36 pm

top o va wrote:That was an interesting angle to take on Foiles and every other person who makes their living in some way related to waterfowl. I honestly didn't see that coming. Did his PR guy write this article?

Legitimate question though- If Foiles never did get convicted of his misdeeds or even since he did do you think he would need to "give back"? Does his business do enough as he explains or should he do more? If so then what? Monetary donations, setting land aside for conservation, cleaning up public waterways?

How does his company giveback? They make a schit ton of money and they manipulate people into their pro-staff position to work for free and ramp up sales to a bunch of rookies that make waterfowlers look like a joke... Time to give back or get off the stage
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby top o va » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:52 pm

wanapasaki wrote: How does his company giveback? They make a schit ton of money and they manipulate people into their pro-staff position to work for free and ramp up sales to a bunch of rookies that make waterfowlers look like a joke... Time to give back or get off the stage

In the article (did you read it) he says he does more for service men and retired vets than for conservation. If he does anything for the sport the shear fact of him owning a company that employs people may be enough for the sport.

Again, my question is.....What should he do to give back? I hear people say it all the time but very rarely say what they should do?
top o va
hunter

Postby Montauker » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:28 pm

The glass house paragraph confused me. I couldn't tell if the writer was saying that in the end we all think of birds as just targets or whether he was taking pop shots at the snow goose guys (possibly Avery) and anyone who hunts a bunch, or whether he was saying that killing your limit routinely in flooded corn is the same as killing over your limit on tape "one time" somewhere else.

I've never met Jeff Foiles but I'm disinclined to purchase his products because I have a problem with the image that he presents. I can barely watch outdoor shows anymore as they are more and more coming across as a firefight between men and pigs, or whitetail hunts with guys who look like they are trying out for a low budget special operations movie. For gods sake there is a show called Aporkalypse (which sounds like a rough night on the town in Blacksburg)

I'm a believer in messaging and responsibility that comes with it. By way of example do you tell your kid the details of the crazy fun nights you had in college? Probably not, because if you do you legitimize it and he or she will see that as the norm and not the outlier of respectable behavior.
Montauker
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:38 pm

what a D bag! would love to see him pull some evel kenevil stunt where he is thrown from a giant skeet launcher into the grand canyon.

Guys like this provide the media and interest groups with an excuse to limit or ban hunting. Have some respect for the prey you stalk, dont shoot your buddy's dogs, and quit teaching the newbies skyblasting is okay :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

end rant! :beer:
lbhansford
hunter

Postby imaduckin up north » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:42 pm

he should never be allowed to hunt or profit from hunting ever again
,IS IT DUCK SEASON YET
THERE AINT NO DUCKS IN VA, dicks sporting goods told me so
you can educate ignorance
you can medicate crazy
but you cant fix stupid
imaduckin up north
hunter

Postby recoil slinger » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:03 pm

I thanked him for the black eye on our sport on fb. The tool told me to go f myself. Lol
Drank some of daves koolaid, and cant stop looking in the mirror.
vice president of back bay blind retrieval association.
beast mode on
recoil slinger
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:35 pm

recoil slinger wrote:I thanked him for the black eye on our sport on fb. The tool told me to go f myself. Lol

LOL seriously?!
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby recoil slinger » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:41 pm

wanapasaki wrote:
recoil slinger wrote:I thanked him for the black eye on our sport on fb. The tool told me to go f myself. Lol

Yes sir. He is a switch
LOL seriously?!
Drank some of daves koolaid, and cant stop looking in the mirror.
vice president of back bay blind retrieval association.
beast mode on
recoil slinger
hunter

Postby mountairyplantation » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:17 am

Foiles is a shitbag. His taking of banded geese in a city park with an air rifle is all you need to know about the guy.
mountairyplantation
DHC Sponsor

Postby mountairyplantation » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:40 am

I sent this to danderson@startribune.com and editor@startribune.com this morning.
JTE

Dear Mr. Anderson,

Was your article on Jeff Foiles aided by their PR guy? I've never read a more blatant attempt to whitewash another man's troubled past. I will attempt to correct some of your mistakes below.

1. "Foiles, 56, of Pleasant Hill, Ill., was recently released after serving a 13-month sentence for violating two relatively minor duck hunting regulations (both misdemeanors), including exceeding his bag limit." Really? In your next paragraph it says he cut a deal because he was indicted on 23 felonies. What were they? You never say. Would it matter to you if one of them was shooting at geese in a city park with an air rifle to collect their bands? Or if another one was Jeff torturing a wounded animal on camera?

2. "But say this about him: He’s straight up about what he’s done." Really because in the paragraph before this you quote him as saying, "“I was guilty of what I pled guilty to. I was not guilty of 23 felonies.’’ That doesn't sound like someone being straight up about what they've done! Remember most of the 23 felonies he was indicted on had video evidence. He pled guilty because he was guilty.

3. "Foiles’ big mistake leading up to his arrest was portraying himself in waterfowl hunting videos as a highly efficient duck and goose killer." No his big mistake was shooting over the limit, filming himself torturing wildlife and shooting at geese in a city park with an air rifle. Let's not try and cover up the facts ok?

4. "Add to those the professional waterfowl biologists whose degrees are little more than fronts for duck- and goose- killing obsessions, professional waterfowl managers who with a straight face say flooded corn isn’t baiting, wealthy guys who shoot from one end of the flyway to the other, and, of course, outdoor writers who swap publicity for access, and pretty soon everyone, or most everyone, can rightly call a glass house a home." Seriously? Waterfowl managers are the enemy now? Wealthy guys who hunt legally and contribute millions of dollars to state programs are evil? There is a big difference between these people and a guy who was indicted on 23 felonies.

5. "Pausing, and scanning the vast product display tent he and his company have at Game Fair, Foiles added: “Isn’t this giving back?" NO! Are you an idiot? Giving back means taking money out of your company's pocket to aid in conservation, etc... Setting up a booth at a Game Fair to sell your products is NOT giving back. Why do you give him a pass here??

Dennis your reporting is some of the worst I've ever witnessed. And that is saying something. Where are the interviews with Foile's detractors? Where is the other side of the story? All you do here is promote a felon. Good work. Your editors must be so proud. :fingerhead:

JTE
mountairyplantation
DHC Sponsor

Postby bowhunter1212 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:43 am

Guy put poison out on a golf course in williamsburg. Geese would fly along and just drop out dead. He got little more than slap on the wrist.
bowhunter1212
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting