VA blind laws

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, fowl mouth, callncut

Re: VA blind laws

Postby gooosehunter » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:50 pm

that post made my head hurt...
Cheers
Dave
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:56 pm

gooosehunter wrote:I would turn it into a duck blind

I would make it a bed and breakfast with the best seaduck hunting in the Atlantic flyway . Thanks for the link !

:thumbsup: LD :smile:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:40 pm

gooosehunter wrote:that post made my head hurt...

:lol3: Yes my lord, did me too. However if you take a ball peened hammer and strike yourself midway on the forehead and re-read, it ALL makes complete sense :wink:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby lbhansford » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:29 am

LEWDOG wrote:

I would make it a bed and breakfast with the best seaduck hunting in the Atlantic flyway . Thanks for the link !

I was thinking the same thing and offer spadefishing in the summer. Known for having some of the biggest spades in the bay around that light tower.

Hey speaking of blinds am I the only one that thinks this is the biggest waste of 300.00 EVER! ill just wear a ghillie suit and sit in my favorite green chair :lol3:

http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-MOM277S
lbhansford
hunter

Postby skydog » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:54 am

lbhansford wrote:
LEWDOG wrote:

I was thinking the same thing and offer spadefishing in the summer. Known for having some of the biggest spades in the bay around that light tower.

Hey speaking of blinds am I the only one that thinks this is the biggest waste of 300.00 EVER! ill just wear a ghillie suit and sit in my favorite green chair :lol3:

http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-MOM277S

Wow, I guess Macks had heard about all these dummy blinds in Virginia and wanted to get themselves a piece of the pie. Can't fix lazy and stupid :no: :hammer:
Last edited by skydog on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
skydog
hunter

Postby imaduckin up north » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:02 am

oh it aint over yet, lew loves blind law threads youll be luck if this one ends before page 5 :fingerpt:
,IS IT DUCK SEASON YET
THERE AINT NO DUCKS IN VA, dicks sporting goods told me so
you can educate ignorance
you can medicate crazy
but you cant fix stupid
imaduckin up north
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:20 am

I dont know IMMA, I think my distraction of a prime lighthouse in his backyard for sale might have just done the trick.. he is probably in the bat cave with goose drawing up blind plans for for the crows nest :lol3:
lbhansford
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:26 am

Iupnorth Va. don't have ducks to shoot at so blind building is a big part in why I love the sport , the good ones are hard to see so while on the forums blind laws threads rate way above the newbe ones and I think most will agree .
One has to wonder how many of those things do they have in stock , I see the weight is about what they are worth :rolleyes: :lol3:
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:14 pm

yeah most over priced lawn chair ever. Would love to see how a salt marsh treats that thing!
lbhansford
hunter

Postby NOVAggie » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:18 am

It amazes me the lack of understanding of blind laws. I guess it goes back to poor reading comprehension?
I SUPPORT SUNDAY HUNTING IN VIRGINIA!!

imaduckin up north wrote:Lew starts twitchin when aggie walks in the room
NOVAggie
hunter

Postby old1neck » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:46 pm

Very poor
What time is shooting time?
old1neck
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:27 am

NOVAggie wrote:It amazes me the lack of understanding of blind laws. I guess it goes back to poor reading comprehension?

Was it something I said :huh:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby lbhansford » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:54 am

probably me. oh well got my blinds built and tagged so whatever.

since this topic keeps rising to the top got one for the blind cops... it clearly says that a non-reparian blind must have tag on it by August 31st. If i happen to find a great spot (just personal opinion, havent hunted it for obvious reason) and it was not tagged yesterday is it fair game to build a blind and tag it legally?
lbhansford
hunter

Postby old1neck » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:07 am

If you gotta ask... I ain't telling... But of I did tell you the answer would be no.
What time is shooting time?
old1neck
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:27 am

Im not taking that as a final answer until Lewdog chimes in :thumbsup:
lbhansford
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:51 am

A nonriparian license for a blind or blind site not previously licensed the year before can be purchased from September 1 through October 15, and a plate and current decal must be affixed to it by November 1.

I got it out of this
Rights of Non-riparian Owner

Although the law states that a riparian owner who does not license a blind on his shore by June 30 forfeits the privilege for that season, it does not mean a nonriparian owner can erect or license a blind on the property of another without permission. If a landowner has not licensed a stake or a blind by June 30, a non - riparian owner may license a location in the public waters in front of such land, providing no other location within 500 yards has been so licensed. Again, such blind cannot be located in water in excess of eight feet in depth at mean high tide (see exception for Back Bay in Rights of Riparian Landowner). A nonriparian license for a blind that was licensed the previous year as a nonriparian blind can be purchased from July 1 through August 15, and a plate with current decal must be affixed to a stake or blind by August 31. A nonriparian license for a blind or blind site not previously licensed the year before can be purchased from September 1 through October 15, and a plate and current decal must be affixed to it by November 1.

Of course, if a location is secured through agreement with a riparian landowner having control of the near shoreline, the site may be licensed as applies to a permittee or lessee of a land owner. A nonriparian owner, having licensed a blind in a given location, has first option to license such blind each year unless the riparian landowner having claim to that location exercises his right to license it.
The next one stops many from building a non-Rip blind and just float hunt the spot until the next hunter makes the mistake
Riparian Owner's Rights Renewed Annually

If a riparian owner fails to exercise his options, he may elect to do so the following year, thus preempting any rights of non - riparian owners who have erected blinds in the public waters in front of his shoreline.

You knew that already but just wanted to shake the tree :lol3: .

:smile: LD :wink:
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby imaduckin up north » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:33 pm

dont have to shake that tree to hard for that nut to fall lol :lol:
,IS IT DUCK SEASON YET
THERE AINT NO DUCKS IN VA, dicks sporting goods told me so
you can educate ignorance
you can medicate crazy
but you cant fix stupid
imaduckin up north
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:04 pm

I have your nut swinging forget the dang tree :rolleyes: . DGIF could fix blind laws just by making all floating blinds motor-less , heck dummy blinds would be a thing of the past in just a few years .

:tongue: LD :yes:
LEWDOG
hunter

Previous

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting