WV Sunday Hunting

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, callncut, fowl mouth

WV Sunday Hunting

Postby NativeGaelGunna » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:53 pm

http://www.wvdnr.gov/hunting/Regs1314/2 ... d_Regs.pdf

Why dont they tell you what counties you can hunt on Sundays on? Why do you have to own water to hunt on Sundays? Why would anyone want to prohibit Sunday hunting by local election? And how is that possible to still have Sunday hunting on private property (owned water). Wow that sucks. I thought I was going to be able to blast away starting Sunday 1st anywhere I want in WV

The whole Sunday hunting thing is so made up. 200 years ago a man killed a duck for food and maybe he said his prayers and maybe he didnt, point is it didnt matter, why is it such a big deal now?

You would think the puppet masters in WV would want to be able to shoot up whatever honey hole they wanted to on Sunday not just their backyard cow bowl
Tanks Nayspahegh
NativeGaelGunna
hunter

Re: WV Sunday Hunting

Postby slickfly » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:17 am

I almost wanted to leave va once I found out I couldn't hunt on Sunday. Such a stupid archaic law!

If it weren't for the private land owners in va, there wouldn't be any wildlife.
slickfly
hunter

Postby adustydawg2 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:43 am

If you leave on a Monday thru Thursday schedule the traffic won't be too bad. :crying: :crying: And when you leave all the game and fish that you are giving up will be mine! :lol3:
adustydawg2
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:28 pm

slickfly wrote:
If it weren't for the private land owners in va, there wouldn't be any wildlife.

Huh? :lol3: :huh:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby slickfly » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:34 pm

State lands (parks, forests, natl forests, whatever) can not sustain a healthy population of wildlife alone. There just isnt enough land that is owned by the state and government that would allow a healthy population of wildlife to be hunted by the public.

It comes down to private land owners and the management practices they have on their own land that help populations of wildlife to flourish.

For instance, the 138 acres of land that I live on and manage, hold more populations of wildlife than if it were a paved parking lot. Without the land, which isn't owned by the state or federal government, that I live on and the farmers next to me, and the farmers next to them, there wouldn't be wildlife.

By the state denying us the right to hunt on Sundays, they are punishing private land owners.

So, without private land owners, there wouldn't be wildlife.
slickfly
hunter

Postby adustydawg2 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:18 am

Slickfly, dude, you need to take a looooong ride around VA. Some of the best hunting in VA is on state and federal lands. Military reservations have more deer than you can even imagine. State parks and national forests as well. And BTW, most have some type of wildlife management plan. Check it out for your self! :welcome:
adustydawg2
hunter

Postby cut_un » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:39 am

Have to say, living in central VA. plenty of areas offering public hunting and for the most part plenty of game as well. May get a little crowded on weekends and Holidays, but the game is still there. Agreed, it's nice to have a private spot/farm to only harvest the game you choose to and also be able to mangage to your personal likings but,from where I sit,lot's of public hunting across Va.,offering all the opportinities get outside. Will also have to say... when I visit other states and see what is available to the state agencies and orgs. working together,VA could do better. Thinking too, allowing us to hunt on Sunday is not the band-aid that will cure all of our problems...... Just saying
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting