Looking for Eastern Virginia Hunting Pal

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, callncut, Ichabod97

Looking for Eastern Virginia Hunting Pal

Postby jaron124 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:17 pm

Hello there,

I'm a 23 married active duty military member looking for someone to drop some birds with. I just moved to the area some months back and have no contacts in the area. I mainly hunted dove growing up and am starting to really get into duck. I'm looking for anyone of any skill level/age to hunt with. I have no areas picked out, am possibly about to purchase a boat (if you don't have one) and do not have a retriever (that retrieves haha). I have my own decoys and calls and am self-sufficient for the most part. If you're looking for a comrade or just someone to pass on your duck knowledge to, I'm your guy! I deploy in December, so I won't be here for the entire season sadly. PM me if you have any questions or just drop a comment! Thanks.

-Jaron
P.S. I'm also interested in hunting just about anything as long as it's legal!
- Jaron
"You never hit a ball you don't swing at."
jaron124
hunter

Re: Looking for Eastern Virginia Hunting Pal

Postby NOVAggie » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:22 pm

Comrade? Don't think you'll have much luck finding another commie partner. :lol3:
I SUPPORT SUNDAY HUNTING IN VIRGINIA!!

imaduckin up north wrote:Lew starts twitchin when aggie walks in the room
NOVAggie
hunter

Postby flint4045 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:18 pm

Where ya stationed at?
flint4045
hunter

Postby jaron124 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:58 pm

flint4045 wrote:Where ya stationed at?

Langley AFB
- Jaron
jaron124
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:03 pm

Thank You for your service and :welcome: to the board ! So what state was the dove hunting done in and was it the idea of all the public water that drew you to waterfowling or the idea of wing shooting the Chesapeake bay ?

:smile: LD :hammer:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby jaron124 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:36 am

LEWDOG wrote:Thank You for your service and :welcome: to the board ! So what state was the dove hunting done in and was it the idea of all the public water that drew you to waterfowling or the idea of wing shooting the Chesapeake bay ?

:smile: LD :hammer:

Thanks! The dove hunting was done in Texas and I was drawn just becuase it was something new (grew up hunting) and while hunting on leave near Christmas, a new sweet spot we found had a real ducky pond. My brother-in-law went out the next morning with myself and a friend and we dropped quite a few ducks. I was HOOKED. I've been researching and preparing ever since haha!
- Jaron
jaron124
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:18 am

Going from a sweet spot in Texas to duckless legal spot in Va. will sink your boat so put that off until you are sure you want to be a waterfowler while in this state .

:smile: LD :yes:
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby jaron124 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:39 am

LEWDOG wrote:Going from a sweet spot in Texas to duckless legal spot in Va. will sink your boat so put that off until you are sure you want to be a waterfowler while in this state .

:smile: LD :yes:

Yes, I definitely wanted to make sure there was a spot that needed a boat that would work out before purchasing one. I was looking into those inflatable canoes (about 100 bucks) that have great reviews if I ended up needing one.
- Jaron
jaron124
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:41 am

inflatable canoes
The peals of the Chesapeake bay is found in the oysters and those bad boys love inflatable canoes :eek: Have you been to this http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/ yet and better yet have you started studying these yet http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting/regulations/waterfowl/waterfowl-blind-laws.asp ? So do you fix or fly ?

:lol3: LD :smile:
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby jaron124 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:12 am

LEWDOG wrote:
inflatable canoes
The peals of the Chesapeake bay is found in the oysters and those bad boys love inflatable canoes :eek: Have you been to this
:lol3: LD :smile:

I have, I've studied a bit just to be safe on dates/regs, that's good to know about the oysters...that was my last ditch effort to be self sufficient haha.
- Jaron
jaron124
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:26 am

http://www.wavewalk.com/

Id opt for one of these over the inflatable. Ive got a tarpon 120 I use and it works well just dont press your luck with winter on the bay. stay in back waters that are calm. Ole chessie gets mean in a hurry.

Ill volunteer to take you on a hunt if you'd like to see what is all about. got a few blinds around the area that get good later in the season. i am only 15 minutes from Langley. Not going to be texas but can put ya on a couple birds.

If you like sunrises/beauty of mother nature VA is the place to be, if its ducks you are after pick ANY other state in the US. :lol3:
lbhansford
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting