Va Beach Blind Licenses

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, callncut, Ichabod97, fowl mouth

Re: Va Beach Blind Licenses

Postby drake7 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:14 pm

Another issue is that bay used to be entirely private until the Feds came in and took the lands for the refuges. I think even until 2011 the riparian rights on the bay extended 500 yards from the shore. That has since been changed to the tide mark except for riparian blinds licensed in 2011 or before.

The whole system is crap...vdgif coming in and saying to people they can't give the blinds to their sons even though the family has owned it since before the refuge was established. Instead, vdgif gets to award some random hunter the blind.
drake7
hunter

Postby NOVAggie » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:57 pm

I see a lot of entitlement thinking in this thread.
I SUPPORT SUNDAY HUNTING IN VIRGINIA!!

imaduckin up north wrote:Lew starts twitchin when aggie walks in the room
NOVAggie
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:36 pm

We are talking about the Lost World of South East lower end of the state , right . Land without a county , in the good old days the good old boys growing up in the old family hunt clubs got there way and it's coming back to bite them . Blinds in VB is just a small little part of what the 7 cities is and will be going through . Money is tight and in a state of counties the cities don't have a voice loud enough to get the bone .
Hampton Roads is full of water and public military hunters .... need I say more .

:huh: LD :smile:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby gooosehunter » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:50 am

:mad:
Last edited by gooosehunter on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BACK BAY/PUNGO LOCAL WANNABE
Back Bay Hazardous Sea Conditions Navigation Expert
Back Bay Entitlement & Anti Sunday hunting supporter
Moving to Front Royal, VA to be close to my friends
Don't Take My Blind Whiner/Complainer/Victim & Apparent Homo
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby top o va » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:29 am

OK....I'll give up my Rip and non-rip blind if I can hunt any public water in the state. Seems pretty fair to me. The way I see it the have not's you speak of who can not license a blind in BB now that the old system is gone would have had a little chance to license one with the old system. Especially if folks where handing down blinds thru the generations. Maybe they can't hunt from 2' above the high water mark in a stationary blind but it seems that now they have a better opportunity to hunt from a floater.
top o va
hunter

Postby Cookie the rookie » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:44 am

NOVAggie wrote:I see a lot of entitlement thinking in this thread.

Spot on quote right there
Now getcha SHINE-BOX.......
Cookie the rookie
hunter

Postby nickp9797 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:40 am

So you are mad because they are now enforcing the rules that have always been in place? I don't get it. The number of blinds that have been directly handed down to family members since the original owners is I'm sure a very small portion of the blinds in back bay. The problem was people were not following the rules and when they got caught they got mad. Whether you like the blind laws in Virginia or not they are easily accessible and are not that difficult to understand. But like others have said it is most definitely an entitlement mentality.
nickp9797
hunter

Postby gooosehunter » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:17 pm

Last edited by gooosehunter on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby scruggs12 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:48 pm

gooosehunter wrote:Well, for all ofyou who think its ok...Maybe the DGIF needs to make blinds licenses the same throughout the entire state. INCLUDING northern VA, the Eastern Shore, West of 95, East of 95 and everywhere in between. Also no 1000 yard protection boundaries around certain WMA's. After all fair is fair. No more blind stakes in northern VA, no private property restrictions, no kings grants issues, no more protection around their WMA marsh on non hunt days. Afterall, it is public waters so I should be able to tie up next to their marsh and hunt any day I want. No more laws or protection for anything. No more 500 yards rule. Heck set up 25 yards away from someone because they have a better spot.

Then, lets do away with not being able to have your own blind. Since its in public waters, anyone should be able to hunt it at anytime. Everyday all day. You can only hunt "your" blind if you get there first. Like the night before, but someone can still tie a rope around one of the legs and hunt right under you because it's public waters. I think thats fair enough for everyone.

Long story short...the system in Back Bay was not perfect, but the DGIF was warned about what was going to happen and they chose to ignore the warning. Now, none of you have nots can get a blind out there unless it is by the good grace of someone to give it or lease it to you. This is all due to their lack of action and planning. You are paying the price now. I hope they never give out the blinds not currently licensed. Nothing would make me more happy.

Goose,

Do you actually believe what you just typed?????????
scruggs12
hunter

Postby Cookie the rookie » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:01 pm

gooosehunter wrote:Well, no one gave me my blinds on Back Bay. I have two. One guy has let me use one of his blinds for several years and I gave one of my blinds to someone else so they had a blind.

At least with the old system, you had a chance to get your own blind. Now...you have nothing. There are a total of 311 or 309 blinds allowed and many of the licenses expired and the DGIF is not issuing them to anyone. I am not bitching, I hope they never give them out. It just makes the price of my hunt clubs sky rocket. Anyone want to buy a membership to a hunt club? $10k gets you the entire thing.

Why when we can just float it ?
Cookie the rookie
hunter

Postby gooosehunter » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:09 pm

Last edited by gooosehunter on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby scruggs12 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:42 pm

gooosehunter wrote:No Scruggs, I do not. I wish it was left alone.

Ouch Cookie, Ouch!

Obviously you don't. I just could not believe you thought that was a good comparison :huh:
scruggs12
hunter

Postby gooosehunter » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:51 pm

Last edited by gooosehunter on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby bowhunter1212 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:08 pm

I think its crazy that a man can't give his blind to who ever he wants to. I've wanted to shoot more than one bass fisherman on the chick. It would be crazy if the dgif does away with blind lic or ripp. rights. :fingerpt: .
bowhunter1212
hunter

Postby NOVAggie » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:35 am

bowhunter1212 wrote:I think its crazy that a man can't give his blind to who ever he wants to. I've wanted to shoot more than one bass fisherman on the chick. It would be crazy if the dgif does away with blind lic or ripp. rights. :fingerpt: .

Wow
I SUPPORT SUNDAY HUNTING IN VIRGINIA!!

imaduckin up north wrote:Lew starts twitchin when aggie walks in the room
NOVAggie
hunter

Postby A5Gunner » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:39 am

It isn't entitlement mentality. Some of us care about the quality of the hunt, not just the quantity of hunters. Blind laws protect the quality of the hunt from the numerous jackrabbits that are taking up duck hunting (thanks Duck Dynasty). Unfortunatly DGIF and "the industry" have convinced people we need to "grow the sport" by signing up as many nimrods as we can. That is good for them, they get more dollaros. You get a crappier hunt experience.

Someone set up 30 yards away from your spread = not thier problem
Some jackrabbit skybusting at birds workin your decoys = not thier problem
Dingbatter running through your decoys at sunrise = not thier problem
Bag limits down to two a day = not thier problem

License sales down = problem
"The industry" not turning a quick buck selling Chinese crap to hoards of "hunters" = problem

They aren't making any more marsh or public water so the only way to provide a place for these new "hunters" is to try and take away what someone else has. For those of us that aren't rich enough to own our own impoundments our blinds are what we have. Don't blame us for wanting to keep them from this thinly veiled "wealth redistribution" scheme we can see coming.
You ain't right.......kinda touched in the head.
A5Gunner
hunter

Postby Cap'm Pooty » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:51 am

I done heard that you get a blind when you sign up for obamacare.
Cap'm Pooty
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:01 am

Cap'm Pooty wrote:I done heard that you get a blind when you sign up for obamacare.

:lol3:
Has to be approved through the IRS first, and if you don't have enough "sufficient" healthcare then you lose the blind for a year
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby nickp9797 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:30 am

A5Gunner wrote:It isn't entitlement mentality. Some of us care about the quality of the hunt, not just the quantity of hunters. Blind laws protect the quality of the hunt from the numerous jackrabbits that are taking up duck hunting (thanks Duck Dynasty). Unfortunatly DGIF and "the industry" have convinced people we need to "grow the sport" by signing up as many nimrods as we can. That is good for them, they get more dollaros. You get a crappier hunt experience.

Someone set up 30 yards away from your spread = not thier problem
Some jackrabbit skybusting at birds workin your decoys = not thier problem
Dingbatter running through your decoys at sunrise = not thier problem
Bag limits down to two a day = not thier problem

License sales down = problem
"The industry" not turning a quick buck selling Chinese crap to hoards of "hunters" = problem

They aren't making any more marsh or public water so the only way to provide a place for these new "hunters" is to try and take away what someone else has. For those of us that aren't rich enough to own our own impoundments our blinds are what we have. Don't blame us for wanting to keep them from this thinly veiled "wealth redistribution" scheme we can see coming.

Stop putting out bad information, They have never taken anyone's blind. They have only enforced the same rules that have been in place for a while and if you don't follow the rules you lose it. The responsibility falls on you the blind owner for losing your blind, not the DGIF. They aren't giving them away to so called "outsiders" either. Your point is that you do not want anyone else hunting down there period. The less people the better. I don't blame you, I agree, it makes for better hunting if birds show up. Spouting off and blaming the DGIF and redistribution of wealth is ridiculous.
nickp9797
hunter

Postby Cap'm Pooty » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:38 am

Well, I can tell you that I know of 6 blinds myself that missed the cutoff date a year back and they are gone, gone, gone...and no body else got them. Now, there are still people moving blinds around and I dont know how because yalls fish and game department was supposed to have GPSd them all years ago. But thats another story.
Cap'm Pooty
hunter

Postby gooosehunter » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:41 am

Last edited by gooosehunter on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby nickp9797 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:19 am

Which and whos blind did they take?
Or do you mean the ones that didn't renew them in the time frame given, that they were aware of?
Or the ones that had tags from other cities?
Or the ones that were 5 miles from where they were supposed to be?
Or the ones that move following the grass beds?
nickp9797
hunter

Postby gooosehunter » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:34 am

Last edited by gooosehunter on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby Cookie the rookie » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:37 am

bowhunter1212 wrote:I think its crazy that a man can't give his blind to who ever he wants to. I've wanted to shoot more than one bass fisherman on the chick. It would be crazy if the dgif does away with blind lic or ripp. rights. :fingerpt: .

Are you colored ? No offense
Cookie the rookie
hunter

Postby nickp9797 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:01 am

gooosehunter wrote:The ones on the property they took years ago. Cedar Island, False Cape.

The original complaint was about the changes the last few years. Now we are talking about blinds from many years ago. WHAT?
So even though the land is now owned by someone else, you should still keep your blind on someone else's property?
Whether you like it or not a blind license is a privilege, not a right and not allowed to be passed all around. Quit whining just because they don't do everything like you say. I don't like the new way its being managed either, but I have no sympathy for the ones who couldn't follow the rules.
nickp9797
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting