Va Beach Blind Licenses

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, callncut, fowl mouth

Re: Va Beach Blind Licenses

Postby gooosehunter » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:47 am

:mad:
Last edited by gooosehunter on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers
Dave
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby nickp9797 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:40 pm

nickp9797 wrote:Which and whos blind did they take?
Or do you mean the ones that didn't renew them in the time frame given, that they were aware of?
Or the ones that had tags from other cities?
Or the ones that were 5 miles from where they were supposed to be?
Or the ones that move following the grass beds?

Still waiting...

You're complaining about blind law changes in Back bay the past few years, but you keep referencing land acquisitions from long ago. Before you come whining and complaining, please construct a decent argument.
nickp9797
hunter

Postby NOVAggie » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:22 pm

Nick, would you agree the pro-sunday hunting advocates make a better argument than gooses's bavk bay blind confiscation whining? :lol3:
I SUPPORT SUNDAY HUNTING IN VIRGINIA!!

imaduckin up north wrote:Lew starts twitchin when aggie walks in the room
NOVAggie
hunter

Postby nickp9797 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:29 pm

NOVAggie wrote:Nick, would you agree the pro-sunday hunting advocates make a better argument than gooses's bavk bay blind confiscation whining? :lol3:

As much as I hate to admit it, Yes.
nickp9797
hunter

Postby Deadrise » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:32 pm

I believe Cedar Island(s) and the areas around Horse Island creek were acquired by the state more than 20 years ago to develop False Cape State Park. Although acquired in some cases through threat of condemnation the land was bought by what was described to me by one of the landowners for a "good" price. Not sure about all involved but I think the previous owners were given 10 year's hunting priveleves. The lands are now hunted by the public through the Princess Anne draw.
Deadrise
hunter

Postby NOVAggie » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:54 pm

nickp9797 wrote:
NOVAggie wrote:Nick, would you agree the pro-sunday hunting advocates make a better argument than gooses's bavk bay blind confiscation whining? :lol3:

As much as I hate to admit it, Yes.

:beer: You're not so bad afterall. haha

Just goes to show how bad Goose's argument is having an anti-SH agree the pro-SH argument is better.
I SUPPORT SUNDAY HUNTING IN VIRGINIA!!

imaduckin up north wrote:Lew starts twitchin when aggie walks in the room
NOVAggie
hunter

Postby A5Gunner » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:15 pm

nickp9797 wrote:
A5Gunner wrote:It isn't entitlement mentality. Some of us care about the quality of the hunt, not just the quantity of hunters. Blind laws protect the quality of the hunt from the numerous jackrabbits that are taking up duck hunting (thanks Duck Dynasty). Unfortunatly DGIF and "the industry" have convinced people we need to "grow the sport" by signing up as many nimrods as we can. That is good for them, they get more dollaros. You get a crappier hunt experience.

Someone set up 30 yards away from your spread = not thier problem
Some jackrabbit skybusting at birds workin your decoys = not thier problem
Dingbatter running through your decoys at sunrise = not thier problem
Bag limits down to two a day = not thier problem

License sales down = problem
"The industry" not turning a quick buck selling Chinese crap to hoards of "hunters" = problem

They aren't making any more marsh or public water so the only way to provide a place for these new "hunters" is to try and take away what someone else has. For those of us that aren't rich enough to own our own impoundments our blinds are what we have. Don't blame us for wanting to keep them from this thinly veiled "wealth redistribution" scheme we can see coming.

Stop putting out bad information, They have never taken anyone's blind. They have only enforced the same rules that have been in place for a while and if you don't follow the rules you lose it. The responsibility falls on you the blind owner for losing your blind, not the DGIF. They aren't giving them away to so called "outsiders" either. Your point is that you do not want anyone else hunting down there period. The less people the better. I don't blame you, I agree, it makes for better hunting if birds show up. Spouting off and blaming the DGIF and redistribution of wealth is ridiculous.

I said "try to take the blinds" You need to read my friend. And I do think that is the end game.

I think you miss my point. DGIF's blind policy in BB has been as confused as Obama's foreign policy and I think I have every right to call it out as such. Question is why did DGIF feel the need to change something that had worked for decades? IMO When they make policy decisions they are primarily guided by what will bring in more money to DGIF and appease the vocal nubie.

You know, someone who wakes up one day and decides to become a “duck hunter” just like his favorite TV show but then discovers the reality that there is very little open huntable space in the communistwealth. It isn’t like the Robertson’s private property?!?! Gota call the state and get them to do something about that!

When the changes in BB occurred DGIF stated that they were “going to enforce BB like the rest of the state”, which it has never been, to “open up hunting opportunities”. The result has been to limit hunting opportunity in BB and conflict. What they have done hasn’t been good for anybody. That is my opinion; like it or not.
Last edited by A5Gunner on Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You ain't right.......kinda touched in the head.
A5Gunner
hunter

Postby A5Gunner » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:26 pm

Don't get me wrong. We all had to start somewhere and I have met some nice guys just starting out but....Our sport is now the latest fad which has attracted an element I don't care for. They will screw things up for the rest of us and move on to the next thing in a few years leaving a lot of crap in thier wake. If you are a duck hunter, new or old, you know what I am saying. If you are a bandwagon jumper...You know who you are, probably cyber scouting this thread for a spot right now! :tongue:
A5Gunner
hunter

Postby dodman » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:04 am

I don't know what it is about this sport, but it sure seems to turn some grown men into drama queens.
dodman
hunter

Postby A5Gunner » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:35 am

dodman wrote:I don't know what it is about this sport, but it sure seems to turn some grown men into drama queens.

Better than being a drag queen :lol3:
A5Gunner
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:24 am

Well, that winds this one up :hi:

Goose-
keep it clean.
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby lbhansford » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:04 am

A5, Im sending you a snickers bc you turn into a merganser when you are hungry :lol3:

tough crowd this year on the DHC.... by this time last year people were talking about birds and hunts with some humor mixed in.

Im with swamp and recoil... the hunt is upon us. get out and enjoy it!
lbhansford
hunter

Postby A5Gunner » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:47 am

Thanks, too few teal and too much time.

I brushed blinds this weekend in prep for the wood duck season. I feel soooo much better!! :grooving:
A5Gunner
hunter

Postby dukcommander » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:36 pm

lbhansford wrote:A5, Im sending you a snickers bc you turn into a merganser when you are hungry :lol3:

tough crowd this year on the DHC.... by this time last year people were talking about birds and hunts with some humor mixed in.

thats good stuff right there :lol3:
"Believe half of what you see , and none of what you hear"
dukcommander
hunter

Postby recoil slinger » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:20 pm

lbhansford wrote:A5, Im sending you a snickers bc you turn into a merganser when you are hungry :lol3:

1st part of that was biblical. Pure friggin genious
Drank some of daves koolaid, and cant stop looking in the mirror.
vice president of back bay blind retrieval association.
beast mode on
recoil slinger
hunter

Postby imaduckin up north » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:59 pm

Who cares :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
,IS IT DUCK SEASON YET
THERE AINT NO DUCKS IN VA, dicks sporting goods told me so
you can educate ignorance
you can medicate crazy
but you cant fix stupid
imaduckin up north
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:41 pm

thought you might get a laugh.

yeah teal have been non-existant in my neck of the woods. Have resigned to the fact that i will have to wait until the oct split. nothing sucks worse than watching 25 mallards fly circles around or swim into the spread everytime i go and not seeing a single teal. im tapping out until oct 10th
lbhansford
hunter

Postby A5Gunner » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:36 pm

imaduckin up north wrote:Who cares :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Don't get mad. I feel the same about a Potomac post. Generally my answer is "next thread" Nobody makes you read this stuff!
A5Gunner
hunter

Postby A5Gunner » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:42 pm

lbhansford wrote:thought you might get a laugh.

yeah teal have been non-existant in my neck of the woods. Have resigned to the fact that i will have to wait until the oct split. nothing sucks worse than watching 25 mallards fly circles around or swim into the spread everytime i go and not seeing a single teal. im tapping out until oct 10th

It's all fun and games, some people get their feeling hurt too easy on here. Brushin blinds is better than a snickers. I'm standing on top the blind and they are flying by me. :thumbsup: Hope they are still around in a couple of weeks. :grooving:
A5Gunner
hunter

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:48 pm

In the end, small tweaks (or even some large ones) to blind laws won't have much of an effect on who kills birds on public water. With very few exceptions, the same small number of guys will account for most of the take.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter

Previous

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting