Hogg Island

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, callncut, fowl mouth

Hogg Island

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:45 pm

Went 20 miles north to Assateague and saw zero ducks. Plenty of yankees and seagulls though.

Sorry, wanted my own Hog(g) island post too. :lol3:
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Re: Hogg Island

Postby lbhansford » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:29 pm

hahah found plenty of porkers squeeling about something im sure though so MISSION SUCCESSFUL!
lbhansford
hunter

Postby gooosehunter » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:37 am

All the teal have reverse migrated to the eastern shore! Millions of them I tell ya. Even the ones from the left coast have arrived.
Cheers
Dave

Big Iron's new best friend. If anyone wants an 8x10 autographed glossy picture of us together, just let us know.
I'm thinking about starting another chapter of Northern VA Delta Waterfail with my best friends up here.
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby gooosehunter » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:52 am

By the way, how do you like the new streetscape project we completed last year in Chincoteague? We have another phase bidding this month. I hope we get it! It's a nice place to work.
Cheers
Dave

Big Iron's new best friend. If anyone wants an 8x10 autographed glossy picture of us together, just let us know.
I'm thinking about starting another chapter of Northern VA Delta Waterfail with my best friends up here.
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:47 am

Have Gun Will Travel wrote:Went 20 miles north to Assateague and saw zero ducks. Plenty of yankees and seagulls though.

:lol3:
Well at least they're consistent Have-Gun,..you know the Yankee /Seagulls, and the "birds of a feather- flock together" thing-

They both think they own everything they see,.. crap on 'ya,..and have real annoying voices :yes:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:14 pm

swampbilly 1980 wrote:
Have Gun Will Travel wrote:Went 20 miles north to Assateague and saw zero ducks. Plenty of yankees and seagulls though.

Well at least they're consistent Have-Gun,..you know the Yankee /Seagulls, and the "birds of a feather- flock together" thing-

They both think they own everything they see,.. crap on 'ya,..and have real annoying voices :yes:

:lol3: :lol3: You certainly got my point there swamp.
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:20 pm

gooosehunter wrote:By the way, how do you like the new streetscape project we completed last year in Chincoteague? We have another phase bidding this month. I hope we get it! It's a nice place to work.

:huh: Didnt notice. I was busy admiring the bridge we built up there. :devil: :devil: :lol3:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby A5Gunner » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:16 pm

Have Gun Will Travel wrote:
swampbilly 1980 wrote:

:lol3: :lol3: You certainly got my point there swamp.

I have finally found my people! :love: See honey, it's not just me who finds them annoying. :yes:
You ain't right.......kinda touched in the head.
A5Gunner
hunter

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:44 am

Id say you're not alone. The other day I idled 500yds onto the flat to trout fish. Trying to be as silent as I could heading out there at daybreak. Dropped my anchor, or lowered my anchor into the water with no chain to reduce noise. Fished for 10 minutes and caught 3 decent fish only to have some sfartzski pull up yelling at his wife to toss the anchor not 30 yds from me. "Babraa tass da %aackin anka already wood ya!!" I wanted to kill.
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby A5Gunner » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:55 am

I would take the seagulls over the Yankees any day. At least they keep me alert when I am duck hunting and provide valuable target practice when it is slow :lol3: Too bad the same can't be said for the other. :no: :no:

Hogg Island, was it called that before or after he dropped her non ankaar throwing butt on the beach and floated off? :yes:
A5Gunner
hunter

Postby vt.honker » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:13 pm

A5Gunner wrote:I would take the seagulls over the Yankees any day. At least they keep me alert when I am duck hunting and provide valuable target practice when it is slow :lol3: Too bad the same can't be said for the other. :no: :no:

Hogg Island, was it called that before or after he dropped her non ankaar throwing butt on the beach and floated off? :yes:

:hi: Careful A5, YOU might be compared to a seagull...full of crap :lol: !!!Oh and this firearms instructor has been trained to shoot back MUCH BETTER than a seagull would :yes: :yes: .
So many geese,so much ammo,so little time left!
vt.honker
hunter

Postby A5Gunner » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:28 pm

vt.honker wrote:
A5Gunner wrote:I would take the seagulls over the Yankees any day. At least they keep me alert when I am duck hunting and provide valuable target practice when it is slow :lol3: Too bad the same can't be said for the other. :no: :no:

:hi: Careful A5, YOU might be compared to a seagull...full of crap :lol: !!!Oh and this firearms instructor has been trained to shoot back MUCH BETTER than a seagull would :yes: :yes: .

I may resemble that remark! :yes: Yeah, I make it a rule not to shoot at things that can shoot back, bad for the health and all. :fingerpt:
A5Gunner
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting