Hogg Island

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, callncut, fowl mouth

Hogg Island

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:45 pm

Went 20 miles north to Assateague and saw zero ducks. Plenty of yankees and seagulls though.

Sorry, wanted my own Hog(g) island post too. :lol3:
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
User avatar
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter
 
Posts: 4189
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore of Virginia


Re: Hogg Island

Postby lbhansford » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:29 pm

hahah found plenty of porkers squeeling about something im sure though so MISSION SUCCESSFUL!
User avatar
lbhansford
hunter
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:19 am
Location: yorktown VA

Re: Hogg Island

Postby gooosehunter » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:37 am

All the teal have reverse migrated to the eastern shore! Millions of them I tell ya. Even the ones from the left coast have arrived.
Cheers
Dave


Big Iron's new best friend. If anyone wants an 8x10 autographed glossy picture of us together, just let us know.
I'm thinking about starting another chapter of Northern VA Delta Waterfail with my best friends up here.
gooosehunter
hunter
 
Posts: 1249
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:09 pm
Location: Herndon and Front Royal, Virginia

Re: Hogg Island

Postby gooosehunter » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:52 am

By the way, how do you like the new streetscape project we completed last year in Chincoteague? We have another phase bidding this month. I hope we get it! It's a nice place to work.
Cheers
Dave


Big Iron's new best friend. If anyone wants an 8x10 autographed glossy picture of us together, just let us know.
I'm thinking about starting another chapter of Northern VA Delta Waterfail with my best friends up here.
gooosehunter
hunter
 
Posts: 1249
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:09 pm
Location: Herndon and Front Royal, Virginia

Re: Hogg Island

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:47 am

Have Gun Will Travel wrote:Went 20 miles north to Assateague and saw zero ducks. Plenty of yankees and seagulls though.

Sorry, wanted my own Hog(g) island post too. :lol3:

:lol3:
Well at least they're consistent Have-Gun,..you know the Yankee /Seagulls, and the "birds of a feather- flock together" thing-

They both think they own everything they see,.. crap on 'ya,..and have real annoying voices :yes:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
User avatar
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 9136
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:53 am
Location: Gloucester,Va.

Re: Hogg Island

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:14 pm

swampbilly 1980 wrote:
Have Gun Will Travel wrote:Went 20 miles north to Assateague and saw zero ducks. Plenty of yankees and seagulls though.

Sorry, wanted my own Hog(g) island post too. :lol3:

:lol3:
Well at least they're consistent Have-Gun,..you know the Yankee /Seagulls, and the "birds of a feather- flock together" thing-

They both think they own everything they see,.. crap on 'ya,..and have real annoying voices :yes:


:lol3: :lol3: You certainly got my point there swamp.
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
User avatar
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter
 
Posts: 4189
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore of Virginia

Re: Hogg Island

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:20 pm

gooosehunter wrote:By the way, how do you like the new streetscape project we completed last year in Chincoteague? We have another phase bidding this month. I hope we get it! It's a nice place to work.



:huh: Didnt notice. I was busy admiring the bridge we built up there. :devil: :devil: :lol3:
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
User avatar
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter
 
Posts: 4189
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore of Virginia

Re: Hogg Island

Postby A5Gunner » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:16 pm

Have Gun Will Travel wrote:
swampbilly 1980 wrote:
Have Gun Will Travel wrote:Went 20 miles north to Assateague and saw zero ducks. Plenty of yankees and seagulls though.

Sorry, wanted my own Hog(g) island post too. :lol3:

:lol3:
Well at least they're consistent Have-Gun,..you know the Yankee /Seagulls, and the "birds of a feather- flock together" thing-

They both think they own everything they see,.. crap on 'ya,..and have real annoying voices :yes:


:lol3: :lol3: You certainly got my point there swamp.


I have finally found my people! :love: See honey, it's not just me who finds them annoying. :yes:
You ain't right.......kinda touched in the head.
User avatar
A5Gunner
hunter
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:42 pm
Location: Right Here!

Re: Hogg Island

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:44 am

Id say you're not alone. The other day I idled 500yds onto the flat to trout fish. Trying to be as silent as I could heading out there at daybreak. Dropped my anchor, or lowered my anchor into the water with no chain to reduce noise. Fished for 10 minutes and caught 3 decent fish only to have some sfartzski pull up yelling at his wife to toss the anchor not 30 yds from me. "Babraa tass da %aackin anka already wood ya!!" I wanted to kill.
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
User avatar
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter
 
Posts: 4189
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore of Virginia

Re: Hogg Island

Postby A5Gunner » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:55 am

I would take the seagulls over the Yankees any day. At least they keep me alert when I am duck hunting and provide valuable target practice when it is slow :lol3: Too bad the same can't be said for the other. :no: :no:

Hogg Island, was it called that before or after he dropped her non ankaar throwing butt on the beach and floated off? :yes:
You ain't right.......kinda touched in the head.
User avatar
A5Gunner
hunter
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:42 pm
Location: Right Here!

Re: Hogg Island

Postby vt.honker » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:13 pm

A5Gunner wrote:I would take the seagulls over the Yankees any day. At least they keep me alert when I am duck hunting and provide valuable target practice when it is slow :lol3: Too bad the same can't be said for the other. :no: :no:

Hogg Island, was it called that before or after he dropped her non ankaar throwing butt on the beach and floated off? :yes:

:hi: Careful A5, YOU might be compared to a seagull...full of crap :lol: !!!Oh and this firearms instructor has been trained to shoot back MUCH BETTER than a seagull would :yes: :yes: .
So many geese,so much ammo,so little time left!
vt.honker
hunter
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:38 am
Location: NEK-Vt.

Re: Hogg Island

Postby A5Gunner » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:28 pm

vt.honker wrote:
A5Gunner wrote:I would take the seagulls over the Yankees any day. At least they keep me alert when I am duck hunting and provide valuable target practice when it is slow :lol3: Too bad the same can't be said for the other. :no: :no:

Hogg Island, was it called that before or after he dropped her non ankaar throwing butt on the beach and floated off? :yes:

:hi: Careful A5, YOU might be compared to a seagull...full of crap :lol: !!!Oh and this firearms instructor has been trained to shoot back MUCH BETTER than a seagull would :yes: :yes: .


I may resemble that remark! :yes: Yeah, I make it a rule not to shoot at things that can shoot back, bad for the health and all. :fingerpt:
You ain't right.......kinda touched in the head.
User avatar
A5Gunner
hunter
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:42 pm
Location: Right Here!


Return to Virginia Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests