What is a good decoy for the money ?

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, callncut, fowl mouth

Re: What is a good decoy for the money ?

Postby A5Gunner » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm

G&H are the best. Have had some for 10 plus years and they look great, no slotted bags here. You gota love GHG/Avery, they flood the market with China crap that the paint falls off. Then they market it so that it's the consumer's fault for not buying thier expensive sloted bags to protect the cheap decoys. :no: Heck, the bags cost as much if not more than the decoys in some cases.

Kinda like buying a new car and the extra "paint protection coating" with it. If the paint on the new car sucks that bad you should be buying the compition's car, not the "paint protection coating" .
You ain't right.......kinda touched in the head.
A5Gunner
hunter

Postby bay gunner » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:23 pm

A5Gunner wrote:G&H are the best. Have had some for 10 plus years and they look great, no slotted bags here. You gota love GHG/Avery, they flood the market with China crap that the paint falls off. Then they market it so that it's the consumer's fault for not buying thier expensive sloted bags to protect the cheap decoys. :no: Heck, the bags cost as much if not more than the decoys in some cases.

Kinda like buying a new car and the extra "paint protection coating" with it. If the paint on the new car sucks that bad you should be buying the compition's car, not the "paint protection coating" .

YES! Exactly! To hell with "slotted decoy bags"! God just thinkin about it makes me cringe. Possibly one of the most feminine, pussified duck hunting gimmicks yet. I dont need a damn decoy purse. I don't want or need any decoy that needs a "slotted decoy bag" to be maintained. What a load of BS. Some people have had GHG decoys for 4 years? That's not enough time to be declaring them good decoys. Own them for 15-20 years then report back on their condition........
bay gunner
hunter

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:44 pm

4 years is a lot more than most claim which I think is BS. They are all junk plastic anyway.
Let me know if you want some real decoys. :yes: :lol3:
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby bass_hunter » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:56 pm

I did kinda think what some of you are saying about the decoy bagies. When i'm getting up 40 + goose floaters and 3 doz duck decoys up in 20 mph wind and 2 fters + freezing my ass off i'm not taking time to bag them. Now if i go to one of my spots that i put out 2 geese and 6 ducks i might take time .
( AIN'T NO DUCKS IN VIRGINIA )
President of the Si Robertson fan club
bass_hunter
hunter

Postby imaduckin up north » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:19 pm

me to bass, theres been days when i untangle anchor line due to not even taking time to wrap the lines. hook dump em and go
,IS IT DUCK SEASON YET
THERE AINT NO DUCKS IN VA, ***** sporting goods told me so
you can educate ignorance
you can medicate crazy
but you cant fix stupid
imaduckin up north
hunter

Previous

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting