Out of State License

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, callncut, Ichabod97

Out of State License

Postby NativeGaelGunna » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:26 am

Why are they so expensive? there is a WMA in WV that has lots of ducks in December and January. i went online to buy a license because I was going to go this morning actually, but then I realized how expensive it was.???

and whats with NC being able to kill big ducks before us arent they South of us?
Tanks Nayspahegh
NativeGaelGunna
hunter

Re: Out of State License

Postby top o va » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:41 am

Get the 6 day license. If memory serves me right WV licenses run January 1 to December 31 so you may be able to save some cash depending on how often you plan on going into WV. Also you only have to get the Conservation officer stamp ($13) once so if you do go again after your 6 days are up all you have to do is buy another 6 days the stamp rolls over.
top o va
hunter

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:36 pm

Top is right, and the 6-day license is just $27. Your fed stamp obviously transfers, as does the free HIP number. Seems pretty reasonable to me. Their big game licenses will indeed cause sticker shock, but the stuff you need for birds is fair and affordable.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter

Postby NativeGaelGunna » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:20 pm

27$ no holla. Thanks il put it to good use
Tanks Nayspahegh
NativeGaelGunna
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting