Look on the Bright Side

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, callncut, Ichabod97, fowl mouth

Re: Look on the Bright Side

Postby recoil slinger » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:44 pm

recoil slinger wrote:
NativeGaelGunna wrote:Guys like recoil slinger. hah! how do you sling recoil haha?

imaduckin up north wrote:and as most here will tell you creating marshes, altering , or changing the course of water movement is under so many laws that the sheer legal, monetary, or logistics is beyond the reach of the average person. these things are done on a government or state level.

Imaduckin, its not a dream, its real as broad daylight, and it has nothing to do with the average person , I'm assuming you mean how rich someone is or if their Dad is a Senator or something ridiculous. It is all about HABITAT. I still don't think you understand where I am going with this. I could sell private companies/ mitigation banks, or the state the "credits" or rights to use it as a mitigation bank site that they could use to enhance the already existing wetland and make money from them and still be able to hunt it. I am no lawyer, but my common sense instinct tells me that this option may not put hunting rights in perpetuity for my family but I know I would be making beaucoup $$$, but thats not what its all about for me, plus I might have to sell it to them. I am not 100% certain on those "logistics" imaduckin. I prob wouldnt have to pay taxes on it but I would loose more control this way... I think. I need to do a little more research on that, right now I'm too focused on black duck habitat and feathers

Or I could go the conservation route, DU, the state, the county, whoever, somebody would come in maybe not pay us but do the work and enhance the already existing Green Tree Reservoir wetland, and it would (in perpetuity, it could never be developed ever and it would be awesome duck habitat for wintering ducks) become perpetually so, a conservation refuge type deal but I could retain hunting rights for my family.

Or I could go in there with a regiment of my guides armed with chainsaws, shovels, a wheel barrel, and a hollowed out log colvert (ya you all know you like that one :hammer: ), make the magic happen and plant some millet Mr, but then since I am not in charge right now, the guys who are given permission to hunt our blinds up there would hunt it, and it would be more theirs than ours and it wouldn't be in perpetuity just another peice of property that could be sold or timbered and changed forever. Gotta think about all the angles, short term and long term.
guys like you is y i understand pink floyd :grooving:

and ima...your the reason i do understand the bristol stomp :beer:
Drank some of daves koolaid, and cant stop looking in the mirror.
vice president of back bay blind retrieval association.
beast mode on
recoil slinger
hunter

Postby imaduckin up north » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:46 pm

you win native, :thumbsup:
,IS IT DUCK SEASON YET
THERE AINT NO DUCKS IN VA, dicks sporting goods told me so
you can educate ignorance
you can medicate crazy
but you cant fix stupid
imaduckin up north
hunter

Postby imaduckin up north » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:51 pm

break out the dark side of the moon recoil
,IS IT DUCK SEASON YET
you can medicate crazy
but you cant fix stupid
imaduckin up north
hunter

Postby recoil slinger » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:53 pm

:clapping:
imaduckin up north wrote:break out the dark side of the moon recoil

:clapping: :clapping:
Drank some of daves koolaid, and cant stop looking in the mirror.
vice president of back bay blind retrieval association.
beast mode on
recoil slinger
hunter

Postby NativeGaelGunna » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:54 pm

Thanks guys, recoil strike me as the guy who tried to be Ben Aflac in dazed in confused. Imaduckins gotta be the stepbrother of the old coach in bad news bears.
Tanks Nayspahegh
NativeGaelGunna
hunter

Postby imaduckin up north » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:07 pm

back to insults huh native, i was wrong, i gave you more credit than you deserve earlier with this comment, quoting my earlier comment i commend you for your positive attitude and if you truly are the griggs that started out here then you have made some massive changes in attitude from that explosive kid that use to threaten us with his huge brother and mr gordon. :thumbsup:, youre still the same rude young boy as when you first started in here
,IS IT DUCK SEASON YET
you can medicate crazy
but you cant fix stupid
imaduckin up north
hunter

Postby NativeGaelGunna » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:07 am

Sorry your right that was water swatting a sleeping ruddy. I shouldn't have doubled up, you weren't exactly flying with recoil there. Don't exactly know who your talking about. We have our days eh? I wish you the best of luck this season imaduckin. We all know you aren't a grump, and that the two of you and that rude young mans explosiveness is actually penned up enthusiasms. I wasn't used to your serious sheer sincerity and kindness. Sorry again. I like the bad news bears. Good luck again , keep an eye on the sky, were all just visiting
Tanks Nayspahegh
NativeGaelGunna
hunter

Previous

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting