tough

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, Ichabod97, callncut

tough

Postby recoil slinger » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:52 pm

chess game has begun.hard hunting today. ill just call dave s. and see what he thinks. :thumbsup: :yes:
Drank some of daves koolaid, and cant stop looking in the mirror.
vice president of back bay blind retrieval association.
beast mode on
recoil slinger
hunter

Re: tough

Postby gooosehunter » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:07 pm

It was a zoo at back bay this morning. I'm going to video it next weekend and send it to duck commander central and thank them for the 40plus boat launching this morning. It was a treat
The number if hunter sent a mass migration towards North Carolina today. Birds are now gone thanks Phil, Si and Willie
BACK BAY/PUNGO LOCAL WANNABE
Back Bay Hazardous Sea Conditions Navigation Expert
Back Bay Entitlement & Anti Sunday hunting supporter
Moving to Front Royal, VA to be close to my friends
Don't Take My Blind Whiner/Complainer/Victim & Apparent Homo
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby recoil slinger » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:57 pm

gooosehunter wrote:It was a zoo at back bay this morning. I'm going to video it next weekend and send it to duck commander central and thank them for the 40plus boat launching this morning. It was a treat
The number if hunter sent a mass migration towards North Carolina today. Birds are now gone thanks Phil, Si and Willie

not happy happy happy :clapping:
Drank some of daves koolaid, and cant stop looking in the mirror.
vice president of back bay blind retrieval association.
beast mode on
recoil slinger
hunter

Postby Willie » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:20 pm

It's not the Robertson's fault...sorry.
Willie
hunter

Postby fowl mouth » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:46 pm

Willie wrote:It's not the Robertson's fault...sorry.

Who's fault is it then? :hammer:
Liberty '14-Broadcasting/Digital Media
DUCKHILL BEAU
What a man will do for a duck
#SOMEDUCKSINVA
fowl mouth
State Moderator

Postby LEWDOG » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:23 pm

Easy, all falls at the doorstep at DGIF b/c of the Dang quota hunt system . Throw the dice and you might get to hunt the great pile of PA WMA . We live in a state that has for the lack of a better word a lot of comeheres , the ones that hunt are going to be on Public land and water . I agree
It's not the Robertson's fault...
back before the quota system one had to throw the dice and drive to PA WMA in hopes of getting pick to hunt that day , if no pick all they would get is a long drive back home to hunt next weekend .

:mad: LD :sad:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby dodman » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:14 am

Out here by VT, opening day had 7 groups on 1.1 miles of river. This is an area where there is typically 0 - 2 groups the past several years. There's absolutely no question that something is different this year, at least at the start.

This is the mountains mind you. We of course have no blind laws and this isn't a traditional duck hunting area, it's not a WMA/quotas, etc. What's driven the crowd would just be speculation, but we have two universities nearby and there were several canoe/bank hunters...i.e. "heck I have a gun and a little boat, I'm going out there"...and I can't help but think the TV show and popularity is a big contributor to what I saw. How many other things would contribute to the radical change from past years that was going on Saturday? Dunno, but it's interesting to think about.
dodman
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:14 am

Well-

... did anyone see any facepaint?
I luv facepaint :yes:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Mudgun » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:57 am

Still shooting deers with the bow. 60 deg November days are just too much of a nutkick to duck hunt.
NOW WITH MORE 100% MORE VITRIOLIC SARCASM!!!
Mudgun
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:05 am

We have been fortunate to have good duck days with few other people around in NC. Some spots are starting to fill up but its been a pretty good start to the year. Hunting tomm and wednesday with this little front.
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Postby Willie » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:46 am

The assclowns have been around far longer than the Robertson's have been on TV. And exactly how much actual hunting do they do on the show? Not very much. I find it real hard to believe that a simple TV show is what brings the clowns out to the marsh.
Willie
hunter

Postby imaduckin up north » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:50 am

if you think its bad now wait till deer season ends, the real duckclowns will come out of the woodwork :fingerhead:
,IS IT DUCK SEASON YET
THERE AINT NO DUCKS IN VA, dicks sporting goods told me so
you can educate ignorance
you can medicate crazy
but you cant fix stupid
imaduckin up north
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:16 am

imaduckin up north wrote:if you think its bad now wait till deer season ends, the real duckclowns will come out of the woodwork :fingerhead:

nope will be too cold for them by then, soon as you stop pulling ticks off ya, its usually too cold for the casual/ fairweather duckers
lbhansford
hunter

Postby Mallard Cutter » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:57 pm

Willie wrote:The assclowns have been around far longer than the Robertson's have been on TV. And exactly how much actual hunting do they do on the show? Not very much. I find it real hard to believe that a simple TV show is what brings the clowns out to the marsh.

This is very true, although they do have a blow torch on their 15 minutes of fame. I don't wish them any bad luck but it's getting hard to get away from them. EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING has got Duck Dynasty sprawled across it.
Mallard Cutter
hunter

Postby Willie » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:42 am

dodman wrote:Out here by VT, opening day had 7 groups on 1.1 miles of river. This is an area where there is typically 0 - 2 groups the past several years. There's absolutely no question that something is different this year, at least at the start.

This is the mountains mind you. We of course have no blind laws and this isn't a traditional duck hunting area, it's not a WMA/quotas, etc. What's driven the crowd would just be speculation, but we have two universities nearby and there were several canoe/bank hunters...i.e. "heck I have a gun and a little boat, I'm going out there"...and I can't help but think the TV show and popularity is a big contributor to what I saw. How many other things would contribute to the radical change from past years that was going on Saturday? Dunno, but it's interesting to think about.

The reason there were so many more people hunting out your way is because the Hokies suck ass this season; and most Tech fans would rather deal with fighting the tards on the river than sit in Lane Stadium for another pisspoor VT performance...and I'm one of them, although I sat on a deer stand instead of marsh.
Willie
hunter

Postby Willie » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:44 am

Mallard Cutter wrote:
Willie wrote:The assclowns have been around far longer than the Robertson's have been on TV. And exactly how much actual hunting do they do on the show? Not very much. I find it real hard to believe that a simple TV show is what brings the clowns out to the marsh.

This is very true, although they do have a blow torch on their 15 minutes of fame. I don't wish them any bad luck but it's getting hard to get away from them. EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING has got Duck Dynasty sprawled across it.

You're not kidding. We've had a couple boxes of DD bandaids in the medicine cabinet for a few months now, that my little girls had to have when they saw them. If I were in their boat, I'd do the same thing I guess...the ride can't last forever.
Willie
hunter

Postby A5Gunner » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:05 pm

You wouldn't believe how many times I have had a conversation with people that find out I hunt duck go like this...."so you hunt ducks?.... I just love that duck dynasty show, I've been thinking about giving it a try myself, looks like fun, I think I could use my old canoe and my 870 tactical, that thing is bad ass and should put a hurt on em....so where do you go hunting?...I looked up some places on the web near here, some game management units like we have back ...blahhh blahh blahhh" I usually stand there and bite my tongue to be polite knowing darn well this person would not have ever thought about going duck hunting if it weren’t for that freakin show. :mad:

All DD's fault, no. Have they contributed to the mess, you bet!

Two things that tag ducktards from a mile away, any Duck Commander gear or any Foiles gear. One that says I'm in this for the cool factor and the other says I'm a "rugged individualist" i.e. I break the law and rub it in your face. Wouldn't buy a toothpick from either one for opposite reasons except both are bad for the sport.

Rant over, carry on. :fingerhead:
You ain't right.......kinda touched in the head.
A5Gunner
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting